At work staring at monitor

>at work staring at monitor
>come home stare at monitor
>if not staring at monitor, staring at a book

I just realized for months on end the only time I look in the distance is during my commute. How fucked am I?

Attached: 1289786633.png (309x246, 5K)

you should start meditating, friend

you shouldn't be looking that far ahead while driving

>staring at a book
>not staring at your phone

You fucked up bad, user

Attached: 1503107329123.gif (450x540, 1.47M)

You're supposed to look away and focus on something else intermittently. Like that black guy humping your mom on the couch or something.

This is why I look away from my phone every now and then so that my eyes don't get a burn in.

Go outside dude. Take up hiking. You'll probably feel great after

>t. cougar

Attached: cougar-portrait.jpg (600x831, 66K)

cougars are pussies dude. I fucked one up with a tree branch and it cowered away lol

Bears aren't allowed on the internet

Attached: 1525740165799.jpg (671x505, 388K)

Why aren't you staring at your phone during commute? Can't afford internet lmao?

a) use blue-light filter 24/7, switch off only for media
b) do outdoor shit like

No friends therefore no social media or messages to look at lmao

(podcasts)

Yeah, welcome to le modern life buddy

Attached: image.jpg (720x700, 406K)

I know the feeling all too well.

>walk my ass out of my depressing work space to stare out the window at the sky, clouds and trees in the distance for a few minutes a day
>coworkers make fun of me for it
>company lands a government contract for the military
>they order us to frost out all the windows to shield secrets from Russians and drones

Are there still any good outside jobs? Like fixing burnt out streetlights or emptying out recycling bins for the city?

Money isn't everything, when I die I'll have been boxed in a cubicle 3/4 of my life, this isn't living. Fucking computer science, should have been a marine biologist.

First thing that came to your head, huh?

I have been reliably informed by optometrists that my frequent near work is unlikely to be the cause of my nearsightedness. I have no reason to doubt them, but I still wonder sometimes. Apparently a lack of sunlight is also a potential cause. If I ever have kids (unlikely) I'll be fairly strict at enforcing outdoor activity time.

Why? So you can barely scrape by?

I wonder if it would be healthier to use a projector as a monitor. That way you're focused across the room (almost the same as infinity) vs 2 feet away.

I don't think current projectors are sharp enough though, and obviously there would be a space problem.

Can't you just go outside?

my eyes hurt

After 20, you're unlikely to get more myopic unless you have some ocular condition.

Humans are not like eagles and hawks which need to see prey from the sky. We are familiar with tight quarters like forests which have trees blocking line of sight in every which way.

depends on the job user
im on 150k as land surveyor and get to be outdoors at least 3 from 5 days