Does anyone else feel cringey using emojis?

Does anyone else feel cringey using emojis?

Attached: 1529982562279.jpg (250x240, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calming_signals
i.imgur.com/7GEbpvj.gifv
wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_17760284.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I only use the thinking emoji with a few friends
Not even with my girlfriend of a few years do I use emojis to express real feelings.

shits gay, zoom off

(~ºωº)~

in 2006 I used
>^^
>^^'
>^_^
>x)
>not XD or xD as I was a man of culture
>also not :) :( ;( :p
>absolutely not :P

O_o was GOAT though
also D: but not :D

d:

(っ●●)っ

No u

EMOJIS, you daft cunts.
I tend not to use them these days. Most of the faceshit ones are cringey af. Honestly don't really remember using any since the MSN messenger days, and even then I would often circumvent them and use emoticons instead.

ha

For reasons of worrying mental illness, I've found myself a fan of the '

Attached: PRAISE bird victorias-riflebird.jpg (1440x1080, 114K)

No.
I parse them out of pages and IRC so I can forget that there are pictures in our text encoding standard most of the time.

>real feelings

Attached: bbe.png (1024x1024, 91K)

What do you express with it? I really like .-. as an upside down version of ._.

I hate emojis with a burning passion. I use them when I'm flirting with girls because the vague meaning allows them to fill in their own blanks, but I still hate them.
Emoticons, on the other hand, I enjoy. The same function of an emoji but more organic, more creative. I had been known to use one occasionally, mostly :P or >:(.
So you can imagine my unbridled hatred when websites/apps automatically change emoticons to emojis. Like Discord. Why, Discord, why????

i use them ironically or with people that i'm not confident with

To describe what it expresses seems utterly impossible and is perhaps better left to primal intuition.

Attached: Gull_Beak_IMG_1575.jpg (4000x3000, 2.01M)

This

Do you feel cringey for using the same shitty wojack and pepe memes?

Perhaps it is a form of calming signal: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calming_signals

Among a lot of mammals, what we think of as a "grin" (baring teeth) is a threat. To humans, it's been defused to actually mean friendliness (usually).

Among reptiles and birds, the opening of the beak is similarly threatening, suggesting the animal is ready to bite. If such creatures were enlightened, perhaps an open beak would similarly be inverted to have a positive valence as a calming signal.
:v

Attached: incensed penguin.png (1434x1974, 2.97M)

i.imgur.com/7GEbpvj.gifv

Interesting I initially saw it as a nose and not a beak and thus a blank emotionless thing. Interesting how it's like the eyes change as well when you interpret it as an open beak.

Emojis are generally cringe
uwu and owo are based though

Dumb frogfeel posters have no right to criticize any other poster's posting habits.
Your shit is just as facebook/reddit tier as theirs.

Attached: 1525014670185.png (512x447, 216K)

>says the anime poster
fucking pottery

Huh, never knew that Gentoo was actually a type of penguin.

no that's just the ingrained autism you get from exclusively interacting with people on this website for a prolonged period of time.

>not telling her how angry it makes you when she struggles to follow a basic conversation and you start regretting promoting a dumb carefree attitude in her

When I do use them, I only use the black version because it's funny.

Attached: hand.jpg (2987x4133, 1.58M)

>emoji
trash
>emoticons
fucking awesome
>B:^]

these are called "smileys"

Attached: serveimage (3).jpg (1200x768, 116K)

At my house, we have 3' tall Guats who mow the lawns for us. And they start at 8. :C

Attached: Cat_blob_angry_emoji.png (128x128, 14K)

nice fingerprints bro

you should hang out with them and fuck the girls

It looks to me like a dismissive "HA!"

Attached: 6ebe3da961d61d062b090e982b6e979b.jpg (600x570, 51K)

Attached: source_1.gif (640x640, 234K)

>tfw no swastika emoji
useless

Attached: 14890420308741.jpg (1346x1800, 334K)

(~ºωº)~

I use them ironically

unicode for swastika has existed for ages faget

'_>' these are emoticons

(。>﹏﹏

I use them sometimes with my girlfriend, thats about it

emoticons are definitely based
8']

Emoticons or smileys are attempts to express emotion through text. They're a creative endeavor, typed out, not selected from a ready-made list, and can be mutated to novel forms.

Emojis are a crutch: an artifact of how hard it is to type anything, including emoticons, on mobile devices. But since emoting is still important for all but autistic boys, a pseudomultilateral body convened to create a directory of approved emotes which are implemented to the tastes of various hegemonic corporations on whose platforms they appear. There's something distasteful about several aspects of that, so they're an imperfect crutch. And mobile devices are imperfect devices in general.

Combine that with emoji's prevalence among the biggest users of mobile devices, basic bitches or normies and Discord-era memers, the primary of emoticon over emoji is obvious.

Attached: joy emoji fire.png (552x543, 358K)

I have never, and will never use an emoji. I haven’t used any emoticons in years either, now that I think about it. Perhaps it’s time to change that.
T_T

>making the first one in years a '00s weeb one
Kys :3

>implemented to the tastes of various hegemonic corporations
Also
>adding 10 skin color variants per anthro emoji

Attached: gun-emoji-1.jpg (1200x850, 73K)

>ray gun
Not serious enough
>real gun
Fuck too serious
>squirt gun like everyone else

M$

Attached: pepe ugg.jpg (640x628, 40K)

Not at all, they are for people of culture (PoC).

>that flintlock
literally what was Google thinking

Men of culture who play EU4.

wtf I love Facebook now

>preferring sideways western emoticons
o_o

You'll understand when you're older. u3u Except for these; I like these. ;3;
Probably because I don't associate them with the cringe of teenhood because I didn't use them.

you're like babby
get on my lvl ʕʘ͜ʘʔ

0_o jesus christ user

wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_17760284.html

ಠ_ృ

wanna fite or something m8?(ლ ^ิM^ิ)ლ

(^_^)\\
(. )( .)
) (
( Y )

>he said while posting wojak and pepe

get on my level

Attached: 6DF0DD63-3E6A-4096-95DB-D342E9E23AEC.png (750x1334, 67K)

༼ o Ĺ̯ o ༽
I guess these don't stir any...

*puts on sunglasses*
༼▃ Ĺ̯ ▃༽

emojon in me

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

\m/ \▃ Ĺ̯ ▃/ \m/

I feel like such a boomer compared to my zoomer peers because I use emoticons and shit instead of emojis
I've been going on IRCs since I was 11 so doing some dumbass crying face emoji instead of a rofl, lmao, or lol just seems wrong

mad af
(╬゚◥益◤゚)

I only use black people emojis ironically with my closest 3 friends in our group chat.
and even then quite sparingly

>your closest friends all in one chat
You fucking maniac.
That's a recipe for them becoming better friends with each other than with you and your slow ousting from the circle.

Attached: v nervous pepe.png (604x613, 257K)

I don't even know how to type emojis...

Attached: 1508105878492.jpg (488x310, 47K)

I liek them. ('._.)

This is the exact same mentality (i.e. paranoia) that caused Hitler to literally kill off the SA.

Attached: cacodemon computer reaction.png (466x486, 136K)

Is it paranois when it's fucking REAL?
This one time, me and two friends were playing a game of Civ V. I was Rome. I had this arrangement with friend A, China, to build me roads with his spare workers while I defended us both from barbs with my legions. He defaulted on his part of the compact with no explanation while STILL letting me protect him. I knew what was going on. He was mad I was preventing friend B from entering our region by blocking the narrow mountain passes with legionary forts.
He and her were plotting against me; it was obvious. I had no choice. Betrayal is bad enough; should I let them coyly conspire to ultimately combine and kill me off? I accused them of plotting. They denied. I stormed A's capitol with my legions. He didn't even try to fight. I was heartbroken, but he forced my hand.
Dejected, they both left the game.
I was left. The "victor". And, from then on, I knew what happens when you let your friends meet each other.

Attached: Hunson Abadeer 2.png (1258x1080, 525K)

When given an opportunity, anyone will be friends with anyone else rather than me.
Whether it's intimidation by my wit, asshole personality, or good looks, it hurts, and this is sound, level-headed advice.

Attached: Gul Dukat 3.jpg (318x240, 14K)

I feel cringey using emojis but not emoticons or reaction images

damn she thicc

I dunno.

I feel like, the moment you start using emojis, people expect that particular brand of color/vibrancy to be embedded in your messages all the time. Emoticons, by comparison, mostly blend in with the text, so you can easily increase or decrease your usage of them if you so desire. Reaction images are similar: they are so distinct from text in 99% of cases that you're only expected to use them when an occasion calls for it (and, just as well, a given situation might only ever call for at most 2-3 reaction images, whereas you can use a near infinite amount of emojis if you place them well enough).

And, ultimately, I think that last parenthetical part is the point. You can honestly spam the shit out of emojis, and it's difficult to gauge whether a single one gets your "point" across. With emoticons, it's cringey most of the time if you use too many of them in too many places, but with emojis...too many can sometimes be bad, sometimes be appropriate, and too few can sometimes be cold/bad, sometimes be appropriate. It's just awkward, to say the least.

(っ● 3 ●)っ

Newfags cant triforce

▲▲

gaymerfag

I have never used any kind of emoji, but use reaction pix roughly one per hundred posts, if something is beyond my capacity for a more fitting & timely response. They strike me less as cringey and more as shallow, even when used in sarcasm: Grown men make psycho bitches of themselves doing that.

>grown men have their sense of self compromised by emoji use

I never use emojis for this reason.

Perhaps if, at 20, what you spend the day saying has no effect on your subsequent development, because no further development is possible. Probably applies to you, but not to most. Sarcasm is in any case irony's retarded sibling. It mimics tone, but reflects nothing.

>grown men
>20
>using emojis affects my subsequent development by eroding my manhood
Do you draw psychological sustenance from the teachings of Jordan Peterson? { :3

I hate them more than I hate anything else in life. I remember when they first showed up in YIM, it filled me with such rage to see my :) automatically turn into a stupid punchable yellow smiley face
I like the ones that are just made from text and punctuation marks they way we made them in the BBS days. I hate the internet now. It's just no fun anymore

No, because I'm an adequately adjusted person.

.......▲......
.....▲▲.....

umad brah? :)