/fmg/ - Farming General

Agriculture is technology

So what are some of the best ways to increase crop yields? I'm currently a farm like pic related and I've been having issues with my corn. I barely have enough to sell AND feed big ol' Bessie.

Attached: farm.jpg (2199x1650, 1.74M)

Does Bessie really need to be corn fed?

GMO crops GMO pollinators

well yeah, its the only crop cheap enough to feed the bitch. and the cows also eat it.

but then i lose out on the organic croud

>corn shit
Found your problem.

whats a good alternative then?

Hemp

Can I grow hemp legally in Kentucky?

I was joking, but serious at the same time. We grow some stuff out in the back yard. This year was terrible. We had an early start in February then it got cold again fucking up everything, then hot over the summer. A three day heatwave of 110F killed the potatoes. After the heat was driven out, we've had massive flooding. Our tomato and strawberry plants have produced almost no fruit all year. Some of the potatoes have begun growing again, but I think they are hosed for the year. I feel bad for people who have to do this shit for a living.

Year round growing via aquaponics, hydroponics, aeroponics

yeah, nobody knows the daily struggle of a farmer... only other farmers understand me. thats why i date on farmersonly.com

Corn is one of the absolute worst things to feed cows.
Yes

that sounds like some voodoo shit i dont need none of that im living the classic southern way of life

Live by the land, die by the land (more likely the latter).

>that sounds like some voodoo shit

this is why you will fail

Based

I think it depends. McConnell wants to legalize growing hemp I think but it's already legal with a license if I remember correctly.

Don't listen to that dumb fag. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Corn is a shit crop that's only profitable because of gibs.

Wasted opportunity to name this "/fag/ - Farming and Agriculture General"

It's already taken for Apple generals.

Currently thinking about setting up an automated little garden. The idea is putting sensors in the ground and connect them to a raspie. Gardening is fun and everything but I don't want to check it that often.

Based and redpilled

Currently thinking about setting up a traditional farm. The idea is putting seeds in the ground and tending them with an aspie. Farming is fun and everything but I don't want to till the ground that often.

The cost quickly adds up. 10 minutes of your time is not that difficult.

You don't feed cattle hemp you dumb nigger.

Go back to your containment board please Most people here don't even see the sun

Didn't say you should, but there are edible products of hemp, i.e. seeds.

I do all the time. But not right now - there's a cloud in the way.

what are the best and easiest resources for a city boy from the desert to learn some basic farming?