Office 2019

Has anyone tried out the latest office cancer? Is it worth upgrading?

Attached: msft-office-2019.jpg (1398x1398, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

libreoffice.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This POS is written in Electron, right? Or is it still native Windows UI? I remember hearing something about the new Office update is going to be written in JavaScript but not 100% sure.

> standalone version doesn't come with half the programs

Attached: Untitled.png (1177x1583, 152K)

>calls office cancer
>uses office

OP is not fucking retarded at all

I think it's still native windows

Nobody uses half the programs. And the people who are work for businesses that have 365 licenses. So it makes sense to be honest.

ya but if i switch jobs the license will lapse and that's retarded. i hate the very idea of subscription based software

>i hate the very idea of subscription based software
Better get a time machine because subscription software is here to stay.

Also, Both the first word in a sentence, and the word I are capitalized in English.

I pay for Office 365 but I only use the online version because I'm on Linux.

But then your new company will gives you a new license? I'm not really for or against it because I get this shit free anyway. But this makes sense as a business move because they make way more fucking money, everyone stays on the latest version. Etc. While now they can sell the boomer home version for under $300 without eating their own business. Cause IIRC that's how they used to do it. Or charge like $100 for each. Which was annoying because most the people buying it just wanted word and shit. Now they get their full price from professionals and still sell to consumers. Also eliminates giving out a fucktonne of keys that end up grey marketed or given out.

>half the programs
-Publisher, literally no fuck uses that POS, and anyone Pro be on InDesign
-Outlook, bit naughty, but fuck em, thats what GMails for
-OneDrive, -Skype - fucking bonus, save you uninstalling the bot-ridden shit.
-Access, Im torn, I actually like it, some reason, but every fucker uses excel for everything you should have used a db for anyway.
Visio used to be in one of the higher end offices, disappeared altogether now - basis for a really good program there, but developmentally neglected never gets the love either.

>>Also, Both the first word in a sentence, and the word I are capitalized in English

>But then your new company will gives you a new license?
i have access to msdn so i can just access the iso for free anyway as part of my job; it's more the principle of the matter

what do you use as a replacement for visio?

anyone else installed the entire adobe suite when you just use photoshop?

Office has been cancer since "the ribbon" in 07.

i'm on word 2007, OP

>paying for office
>not using work o365 account

you deserve the worst

Do they still offer OEM licenses(the ones that resell on ebay for like $8) that can be downloaded multiple times? I see a bunch of people selling
>"5 licenses for office 2016!!! Only $35!!!"
But when you read the fineprint you see its only 5 opportunities to use the CD key... So each time you download it and go online, it counts as 1 use(do you're more renting it than actually owning it)

I want to "OWN" it, so i can re-initialize it after each format, indefinitely(like with my windows license.) on the same computer.

>Viso replacement
eh? I don't think there is one, not really, just saying, it -used- to be in some of the higher end Office packages. AFAIK, its still standard in network diagramming and shit, has/had a lot of potential if you added 3d, room planners and shit. MS kept fucking around with 3d companies + software, bought Softimage and shitloads of others and did fuck all with them. Shame, you really could extend Visio in that 3d direction, its a neat program, and AFAIK still avail. standalone, just not part of 'Office'.

Someone tell me whether it starts up faster and does operations faster than whatever previous version of Office you've installed

both excel 2016 and 2019 start instantly on my vm

Pirate it like a real man.

Attached: witch_burning2.jpg (486x373, 33K)

LibreOffice is free and does the same thing
libreoffice.org/

but muh word online

>does the same thing

Attached: 1522240581085.gif (320x253, 995K)

Some of their components are being moved to javascript I believe. Mostly some of the ui elements.

Do you have any link on trust worthy office 2007 that includes Arabic language ???????

reported to NSA