What's more wise to invest in: freesync or gsync?

What's more wise to invest in: freesync or gsync?

I don't have a monitor or gpu right now.

Attached: 1531316459538m.jpg (1024x1009, 93K)

illya

buy a cheap lcd from goodwill and a used 1060/580 (or whatever the middling cards are for both teams) and wait for the turing refresh and navi to drop

Attached: 1536879784443.jpg (2560x4553, 1.82M)

Freesync supports AMD graphics cards.
Gsync supports NVIDIA graphics cards.
>freesync and gsync are literally the same thing but supports different GPUs
>freesync monitors are cheaper than gsync monitors
It's literally up to you to decide if you'd want to buy the monitor first or the GPU. Just make sure they're compatible. Also for more info

I want 144Hz.

Attached: 1532984638948.jpg (740x713, 164K)

if you want 144hz at 1440p+ then your only choice is a 1080ti or 2080ti, which means youre locked into gsync
with intel having confirmed that theyll be going the freesync route with their dgpu, im hoping amd can pull their finger out of their ass and drop a card that can at least compete with the 1080ti at high refresh rates
at least then it should put an end to this freesync/gsync bullshit and force nvidia to just adopt the vesa standard
reminds me of beta/vhs back when i was growing up (and to a lesser extent, hd-dvd/blu-ray)
also check out /pcbg/ as mentioned earlier but be prepared for heavy shilling from both sides

Attached: 1534087770763.gif (500x471, 1.14M)

I plan on using 144hz1080p. I asked there before but there seems to be a resident AMD shill so I'm not sure how much I trust that thread. AMD graphic cards are also very overpriced here still but so is gsync.

I have never watched any of the Fate animes. Are they any good? Where do I start if I want to see scantily clad young girls?

Only watch the first original series. The rest like ubw are just garbage.
Then boku no pico marathion.

yeah theres resident intel shill there too so they do provide some levity at least
if youre going for 1080p then a vega56/1060 would be sufficient, especially if youre comfortable with overclocking (or even 1070 if theyre similar costs)
id still err towards freesync only because it seems that will be the dominant standard once intel comes out with their tech in 2020

Attached: 1537737354865.jpg (1279x720, 110K)

theyre all bad
i only starting watching prisma because i found illya cute and ended up enjoying it, even though its pretty mindless shit like the rest of the fate series

Attached: 1536878762243.png (1340x1387, 1.62M)

Look into a monitor with ultra low motion blur/smooth motion/black frame insertion/etc with high refresh rates.

That is better than FreeSync/Gsync imo.

enjoy your stuttering when fps doesnt match monitor refresh rate

I was kind of leaning towards AMD, I just wish Vega wasn't still so damn overpriced here. I have a Ryzen cpu which is why I really want adaptive sync. I'll get 144fps no problem in esports but there's no way I'm getting high frames in anything else.

You mean like those BenQ monitors?

Hmmm. Prism Illya is up for freeleech on AB, so I guess I'll grab it and see if my dick likes it.

Some BenQ monitors have a feature called blur reduction, which I think is similar or enhanced version of BFI techniques.

Freesync is the more open standard and cheaper, go for that.

Buy freesync and you'll have like 500 extra for a nicer graphics card. It's a no brainer.

yeah vega cards are still way overpriced here in australia. even taking into account the cheaper monitor prices for freesync, it comes out the worse deal compared to equivalent gsync combo

What's the nicest amd gpu?

Vega 64. There's one model on sale for $700 here right now. For reference that's about the price of a 1080.

Why do you need the nicest AMD GPU?

The best cards are silly fast, no applications or games you're likely to do require these toys.

Frankly, are you even sure you wouldn't be fine with the iGPU of a 2400G for now?

>Vega 64
Damn. I'll pass on that.

>2400g
>144hz at 1080p
are you sure youre not retarded?

Attached: 1537755290003.jpg (542x540, 62K)

>For reference that's about the price of a 1080
There are 1080tis for $669.99 brand new though.

I just did not see that.

Of course that requirement itself is silly then- what's even the point, are you going to use 3D glasses with a 72hz shutter?

I'm in Canada. 1080ti's are $900-$1000.

>iGPU of a 2400G
Can these playback 4k bluray yet?

I'm in the US, and brand new 108ti gpus are mid $600's, and up. Sometimes cheaper than that in store.

Well that's not the case here. 1080's are about$650-700, 1080ti's are about $900-$1000 and there's currently a Vega 64 on sale for $700. When Vega 56's go on sale they're normally around $600

>Well that's not the case here.
USD vs Maple Monopoly dollars

My freesync setup is a little bit glitchy (sometimes starts flickering after exiting a game, need to turn the monitor off and on to fix it), but it's dramatically superior to playing without adaptive sync. Being able to play at anywhere between 40-60fps with no tearing or stutter just feels like the new normal to me now... can't imagine going back to fixed sync. (And at 144hz I imagine it would be even more important).

Gsync is probably a tiny bit better/more reliable- I don't have it but I've never heard of it having those flicker issues. But the price difference is enormous, and the glitches are mild+easily fixed when they do happen.

I would probably go freesync unless you're buying super high end and money is no object.

MONOPOLY MONEY. CONVERT IT TO REAL MONEY.