How do i get one of those well paying programming jobs? i-is it too late for me?

how do i get one of those well paying programming jobs? i-is it too late for me?

>tfw 33 years old
>make 5 figures per year in accounting
>can't afford anything (still live with parents)
>know a bit of python
what do?

Attached: 4312756.jpg (691x997, 263K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anaconda.com/download/
business.financialpost.com/real-estate/cost-of-owning-a-home-in-toronto-vancouver-off-the-charts-and-likely-to-get-worse-warns-rbc
youtube.com/watch?v=EI0_Cs6JoWM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

keep practicing python

>be lgbtq-etc, and/or or black

learn to budget
if I can live off 15k a year and still afford things, you can too

Become a diversity hire. If you're a kisless virgin, might as well become a kissless virgin tranny,

>MFW OL ASS

>tfw no christmas cake jp OL gf

i've taken a bunch of free courses actually. know a lot of the basics (variables, loops, functions, basics of classes and algorithms). just haven't made anything myself

don't know what my next steps should be
>create github
>contribute to projects (or work on my own)
>apply for jobs
?

rent in my city is more than 15k/year though
i save most of my money too, have few expenses, rent is the hard part though

Attached: 5646848.jpg (978x978, 128K)

>mfw op's image always reminds me of japanese sharking, and ninja cumshot videos

>i've taken a bunch of free courses actually. know a lot of the basics

OK??? AND???

Where is your credibility? Where is your CS degree? Where is your experience?

Unless you are some autistic savant that would likely work locked up in a basement at Google , you dont have a snowballs chance in hell of a REAL programming job with that "I know basic python from online".

Hate to break it to you OP, but you cant just say "oh, im a programmer now" Thats not how the world works dude...

>haven't made anything myself
>don't know what my next steps should be
>>create github
>>contribute to projects (or work on my own)
>Where is your experience?
they should teach more critical thinking in your CS degree.
>"oh, im a programmer now"
said OP, never.

I would get on that ass

Start doing it at work to solve problems there. It will show initiative.

BRAAAAAAAAAAP

Actually that's how it works for a lot of people. One day they're just messing with Visual Studio, next thing they know they're a C++ programmer.

>tfw no qt ol cake gf
life is suffering

Seriously, you got the right idea. Though I honestly wouldn't expect much from switching careers in your mid-30's since programming has a notorious up-or-out mentality. You're probably better off sticking it out with accounting.

Your best bet is to actually spend a few weeks and hammer out a couple of projects (a good example, make a command-line program to download a batch of images from a website, like Danbooru, using their API.) and actually put rubber to the road. You learn a fair amount more by fucking up and fixing your fuck-ups than by just following the dotted line until you run into a brick wall.

This is also a decent idea. It'll remind you how quickly you can be put out of a job.

sauce?

You are so full of negativity. Please don't raise your kids(if you ever plan to) like this.

YRH-012

Do you live in somalia?

that chair on the left is awfully realistic

nice

It's called living within your means. It's really not hard.

What's kinda sad is the incredulous response you get (like yours) - it means that the drive to spend more than you earn for instant gratification is greater that the self discipline needed to work out a budget and adhere to it.

Attached: G_Yume Mitsuki_HeartCone (16).jpg (2560x3840, 2.21M)

I came here only for more jap girls.

OP here, so try projects. Is that all I can do

Is data analysis easier to transfer into than becoming a software engineer?

Attached: RuKmzAp.jpg (1024x683, 110K)

Civilization is theft.
Buy a cabin and live in the fucking woods.

Attached: uncleted.jpg (960x861, 54K)

Just get a sexy Japanese CEO sugar momma like in your pic

This. Also,
>Do you live in somalia?
Making 6 figures is nothing when rent is $3k month, and a fucking meal is $150, do you even know how money works?

implying he will ever sniff a real vagina (woman)

>5 figures per year
>lives with parents
>can't afford anything
What the fuck? Do you live in downtown NY?

So how does it work?

>raise(kids)
Hue

If I wanted to experience the smell of a vagina, I would open a can of tuna.

The thought of raising kids would be laughable to someone who hues, wouldn't it?

>know a bit of python

Here's your solution: take your knowledge of numbers and learn data science. Lots of data science algorithms are written in python.

Check this out: anaconda.com/download/

Note this requires you to not be a lazy fuck and pursue something for a significant amount of time.

this.
accounting experience is great, and you can use it with python that to great advantage.
make some ML scripts for your work to estimate the next year's PL.

>5 figures
>at least 10,000 USD a year
>can't afford anything
In Netherlands if I got a roommate I could live comfortably for a year for ~10,000 USD (minimum wage is ~20,000). Weren't Americucks always claiming that their low median wage is offset by their low prices?

I'm Canadian, make $75k/yr, about $50k after taxes. 'Can't afford anything' was an overstatement, but I feel like I can't afford to move out

Rent at apartments near my workplace are 2k/mo for a 1br, so 50% of my after tax income

I have no expenses really, and have over 100k in savings. But can't even afford a mortgage to buy a decent 1br condo unit

Attached: awjrxi7ynzi11.jpg (827x1024, 82K)

How much is a decent home over there?

(Not OP)
I happen to live in a country where minimum yearly earnings are somewhere around €4800 a year.
And it's in Eastern Europe, which makes things worse, the overall look and feel of cities is depressing and people get mean whenever I achieve virtually anything.
How do I get any IT job in Netherlands? Help me escape, please.

business.financialpost.com/real-estate/cost-of-owning-a-home-in-toronto-vancouver-off-the-charts-and-likely-to-get-worse-warns-rbc

75% of household income it looks like (I'm an individual). Of course, the link uses averages I'm sure

Get a CS degree. Online from a 3rd rate university is OK. I graduated at age 34 with a CS degree. I have less than a year of experience and I'm making $90k/year. It also helps if you're passionate, intelligent, a quick thinker, and a decently eloquent speaker. Also: shave, get a haircut, and wear a damn suit to your interviews.

I assume you live downtown if rent is that high.
In my area of Canada 1br = $800 to $1100~ and 2br = $1300 to $1800+
I fucking hate taxes...

>do something in demand in IT
>interview in a company
>get a job offer where the company organizes a visa for you

Not hard

Thanks

Should I look into finding data sets online and creating something? Or kaggle maybe?

At my workplace there isn't too much to do I feel, at least not in my role. We have a division that does more data analyst related things, but I don't think I have the experience or connections to get into it

Attached: 27j0Rbr.jpg (640x853, 45K)

>>make 5 figures per year in accounting
>excel
>vba
>???
>profit

The price I wrote is near downtown which is where I work (under 20 minute walk or transit).

I could find cheaper in the city (say $1400), but there's a tradeoff between price and commute time

Automate anything and everything at your job. Eventually learn how to use frameworks to combine it all under a single platform. Doesn’t have to look pretty, but needs to be functional. Start with simple tasks and go from there.

Hard to automate at my job tbqh

>CEO...like in your pic
>pics are obviously low-level OL paper-pushers

you made a mistake on the internet. i am laughing at you

youtube.com/watch?v=EI0_Cs6JoWM

become a tranny

So in my city up to an hour is acceptable because infrastructure is fucked

is there a lot of money to be made with Python? did i mess up in learning C#?

What is her name?

I found that wearing a suit to interviews with the more liberal companies is a turn off for them. You seem like an outsider. I had better luck when I loosened up and came in jeans and a button down. For more uppity companies yes a suit for sure.

Can you be anymore vague? Making five figures is literally anywhere time 10k to 99k.

You live in California and don't know how to cook. Gotcha.

This is believable if you're in bc.

Attached: 1537921523019.jpg (830x468, 22K)

>her

Would t it be better to stay accounting?

I'm DC-based so maybe it's different here. Pretty button-up.

you can move out just fine...

Start small. What's the most repetitive shit you do? Automate that.

I fucked around with python a lot. Can't event imagine anyone paying me to write a python script.

What are companies doing with python does anyone know?

I would unironically stick my penis in her and cum if you know what I mean

i would too

but only ironically.

>lol, j/k, i dont even want to fuck you!
>this forced encounter was ironic the whole time!

>anywhere from $10K to $99K

What a useless fucking thing to say.

Attached: five.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Tranny here with 10 years of experience: I wish it were that easy.

lads
accountingfag has finally reformed

>budget
>double the average in Brazil
hue.

I work in Toronto

perhaps but i won't make as much money as i want to in order to live decently (at least, not on my own). i'm starting to find the work tedious too

Attached: 363645.jpg (600x900, 104K)

>buying a cabin like a capitalist cuck
>not making your own

user, fuck money, just do what makes you happy.
And there's no such thing as being too old to study.
Few years ago I heard about 60+ year old janitor who got his bachelor in math at University.
You're not worse or better than anyone else. Just put your shit together and start doing what you like.
Being depressed and wondering how everything sucks haven't helped anyone.

Attached: thinkpepe.jpg (1000x800, 85K)

>BRAAAAAP
Anyway, sorry but pajeet already has that job.

Ex Toronto fag.

Sadly Toronto is a gateway city and the real estate market is going to get worse before it ever gets better. All that dirty Chinese money has to go somewhere and because Mao's bff during the revolution was a Canadian, the Chinese think Canada is a lucky country.

I moved to Nashville. Took a 10% pay cut but with the exchange rate Im still ahead. Real Estate is practically free here and WAY more hot fun women.

Put down the Canada blue pill. Moving to the US was the best decision I made and my quality of life is so much better.

why didn't you just move to New Brunswick or something instead

Is it Poland?

name?

I think I know which country it is. :^)
Sadly...
t.wagecuck earning more than double minimum wage

Accountants make good money though dont they? Unless you live in CA where everything is inflated to hell you're not looking at a ton of money in CS. Average entry level is 60k, ten years experience will get you 110k-140k in general. Depends where you live. I'd definitely stay out of an expensive city you end up coming out with a fuckton more money despite having a slightly lower salary.

I'll just crop this pic. Could there BE less ass?

>Average entry level is 60k
but i keep on reading about people starting entry level, then after a couple years going to FANG and making 6-figures

>knew a guy in university
>flunking school basically, not a very smart guy tbqh
>worked at a small tech company after graduating
>now works at a FANG

more?

>Thinking a degree gives credibility
Spotted the boomer

Well sure but that's the 1% of programmers like in every profession. And they're in such high cost of living cities that they need that money to afford anything other than a closet in a 1 bedroom apartment.

>tfw no qt3.14 average japanese ol gf

>that's the 1% of programmers
i read a lot of posts on Jow Forums and reddit of guys making 6-figures in their programming jobs though

>high COL
this is true though

a lot of people i know would give an arm and a leg to have 50% of their income left after rent.

You can move out just fine.

SNIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Attached: FACE_QUAD.png (120x120, 2K)

Fellow aspiring programmer, here.

One of my friends got his first dev job at 35. I'm 30 next year.

The thing that nobody tells you about programming, is that you can't *just* learn a language, or even a few, and expect to do much with it. You have to learn a stack, which consists of an operating system, Web server, database server, and programming language.

Learning a stack will allow you to actually *do* something with your code. Learn a stack, preferably made of popular softwares, and start working on projects.

OP, go into software sales.

You don’t need to be a programming expert at all. I have a minor in CS and couldn’t program my way out of a box. I make 150k a year plus perks/stocks at 27.

If you know anything about software and can converse with people, you’ll outearn any code monkey.

best wisdom itt

>down payment on a home
>rent a room out to help cover mortgage
>continue working
>adhere to a budget as don’t spend money on eating out/bars/coffee/gaymen
>???????
>profit

web dev isnt programming

>rent in my city is more than 15k/year though
move to a cheaper city. if you're wanting to live somewhere like LA/NYC/SF on a shit salary, you're gonna need roommates, no way around it.

Tell that to node