Algorithmic Trading

Why aren't you writing a program to trade forex automatically?

Attached: trading_floor.jpg (1000x667, 210K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/S67809599
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because i dont like wasting time on boring shit

Because I can't code, I'm just here because at one point there was techloligy on the board.

Oh look, it's this thread again

why doing something that already exists and was iterated hundreds of times by lots of highly payed developers?

I did but on stocks

Arbitrage? Technical analysis? Tell us your secrets, user...

>Why aren't you doing the work of a highly-competent Jew/Chinaman/Korean with graduate degrees in math and finance and access to billions of dollars worth of research compiled by people as qualified as he is?
I'm just not good enough senpai

i do but im minus 4 thousand so far

Did you backtest and live trade first?

i have come to be of the opinion that there's no way to reliably make money from scalping. only swing trades are reliable which you don't really need a robot for

Because I don't have a dedicated line to the trading hubs like the big hedge funds do. Their algorhytms are faster because their servers are located in the same building.

so adjust for latency, stop being a cuck

Technical Analysis. RSI and moving averages are your best friends. Don't dive into penny stocks which are easily manipulated by a few faggots on reddit. Do stocks that have lots of volume and activity. Probabilities will hand you profits. You are conspiring with the universe to make you rich.

We had this shit thread this week you nigger

OP may be a nigger but he's not a faggot like u

existing algorithms already suck out any potential profits from scalping. you need to go long term

Cuz an access to an API is 5k a month.
Needing to make at least 5001 every month to be in the green, good luck.

Say what, friend? TradingdongView strategies will connect directly to a handful of brokers. I've been learning PineScript and backtesting against historical data on my broker for free.

Caveat, this is only free/easy if TV supports your broker. Else you need custom glue.

Whata the point of working for a trading firm instead of just trading yourself?

he probably means a low latency one

you get a percentage cut and the trading capital they give you is massive

Because you don't have enough money to make a living trading on your own.

You already had this thread.
warosu.org/g/thread/S67809599

Because I am a man child more interested in playing games and jerking off.

Oh, thought we were talking algo trading not HFT. Agreed it's hard to imagine competing in HFT - I focus on swing trading, around the 4 hour timeframe. Latest strat I played with had average of 15 bars in trades, so pretty far from needing microsecond timing.

A few of the guys in Market Wizards started with $5-10k and never went bust, it can be done with discipline.

m
It obviously cant exceed the amount made by trading

Im sure you could make more on your own if you had the skills required for a trading firm. I bet even the start up cash would be similaar

>It obviously cant exceed the amount made by trading

it's usually about 90% of the profits that go to the company you work for.
so 2 million profit gives you an annual income of 200k

>going bankrupt at the speed of light

>testing with paper trading
>risk management routines