Which one do you learn and why?

Attached: rg.png (1600x694, 1.62M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/isislovecruft/status/1037802425908772864
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Learn C and Python instead. You can call C in Python via ctypes or c-extensions.

Go, it's based as fuck, cross compiles to everything and can even replace JS in a browser.

Learn C and Ruby instead. Same convenience but not as brain-damaged.

Learn C.

I already know C (and C++11). Just looking for a ""modern"" extracurricular to put on my CV for HR folk.

Depends whether you want to do data analysis or frontend development

Unironically machine learning

ML is part of my curriculum. I definitely lean towards data analysis, embedded systems, etc

Then R sounds like a good fit

> lean towards data analysis, embedded systems, etc

So you lean both ways?

Pick go, the goroutines with channels is best think I have used for parallelization.
For data analysis python is a industry standard and embedded is C/C++ only thing, eventually ASM.

Rust is much more interesting imo but it's not for beginner developers

I have no clue what I want to do professionally other than no-nonsense programming, whatever that means.
R or Rust, friendo?

>Pick go, the goroutines with channels is best think I have used for parallelization.

goroutines are NOT parallelization, goroutines are coroutines or green threads, these are like OS native threads that are scheduled but using a go runtime scheduler inside your app binary, you can of course increase the parallelization using GOPROCMAX but it will never be as fast and performant as having native threads running on the OS kernel directly which

Learn Go first. Take a couple of days to get it, a couple of weeks to master it and then you'll have time to learn Rust if you really want or need to.

I'm not a native English speaker and I know what they are but I was lacking a word to name it properly

Attached: 1534286008586.jpg (540x720, 41K)

Depends if you associate more with faggots or with retards.

Learn D for pleasure, and whatever the fuck you need to learn for your job. Then convert your workplace to D.

Attached: d.jpg (250x314, 15K)

Rust wears the hat, so pick that.

C++
With it you can also do GUI programming, 3D, video games, audio, etc.

>which
which WHAT??? tell us. tell us for the love of god

Is there any sane reason to choose C over Rust?

yes, masturbating to segfault errors

Rust if you are interested in language design and want to see something innovative, Go if you want something useful.

R is actually used by people besides Mozilla.

Rust if you want to learn something, golang if you are complete autistic retard, who things he needs glorified Jitted C compiler with high level void pointers (aka interface{}) and terrible type system.

I've heard of D but I honestly don't see the point of it when C++ can do everything D can.

>sane

Go, because it's fast, has piss-easy concurrency, and is easier than python.

The only reason for Rust is very strict memory requirements and/or hard real time.

I think user meant R like R, not Rust.

>no-nonsense programming
Do you consider OOP "nonsense"? Go makes a conscious effort to have as few features as possible.

go compiler's written in go, furendo.

Learn both. Realistically you could learn the enough of Go in a month to be more than proficient in it. Rust is interesting from a design perspective. It’s not something I really see as becoming widespread, but it’s a powerful Language once you overcome the learning curve and start to take advantage of its features.

I ment to say that R is used unlike Rust but managed to fuck up even that.

Attached: 1513022533703.jpg (3000x2000, 2.03M)

The one with generics

kys

Attached: MEOW.jpg (480x640, 60K)

I had to learn Go for my job because our technical lead wanted to switch a bunch of stuff to it.
It was a good experience, 8/10 would recommend. It's kind of niche but anything networking and concurrency heavy is a good fit. Also the fast compile times and statically linked binaries make deploying with CI/CD shit really fast and simple.

I'm currently learning Rust, I've done a couple of projects in golang but right now Rust is a better fit for the projects I'm currently working on, at work (legacy Rails API codebase that might or might not benefit at some point of the Helix thingy, and new frontend React that will clearly benefit from Rust / wasm performance-wise)

lol no generics

none,i use java and c# like any well adjusted adult.

the one that's not by g((()))((()))gle

Go has a cute greenthread gimmick but it's mostly the same as the C#/Java/Kotlin/Swift/Python/Javascript family of garbage collected OOP languages generally used for non-systems applications

Meanwhile, Rust is very different from most other languages and offers to teach you a new way of thinking about programming- it's used by precious few companies at the moment but the individuals who do use it are massive fans so it's likely to expand

I'd say you should learn 2 or 3 of the 7 OOP languages mentioned in this post first. All of them are worse as developer experiences than Scala/F#/OCaml/Rust, but they're more commonly used; you should still learn at least one of the latter though, and Rust's currently the least used of the four.

Attached: 1538143303183.png (1578x1668, 187K)

Ib hear GO is basically as fast as C (in a similar way C++ is) but has insanely easier multithreading.

learn Nim

use cffi not ctypes

>if you want something useful.
unironically java

it's the same problem nodejs has, on microbenchmarks it looks okay but immature libraries eat your performance gains and you get beat by python

go is typically 10-100x slower than c

redpill me

learn C
install gentoo

come back after

I really don't think it takes 2000 for C#...

So you're saying they fabricated that number? For what reason? Stop being fucking stupid

it's not fabricated, the benchmarks are right, but for the case c# the result is unfair because the function is compiled in the first iteration at runtime when accessed while in Node for example, the whole code is compiled using JIT before execution, but anyway Node would beat the fuck out of C# anyway

I assume they run the regex thousands of times and take the average time, or else you couldn't properly call it a benchmark

C# is JIT aswell

Rust, so you can woo Miss Lovecruft into the sack at RustConf.

Attached: lovecruft.jpg (400x400, 27K)

What are you going to use it for?

she's unironically much smarter than anybody who posted in this thread

She actually is. Her political views are awful. But I totally fanboy over her, and find her incredibly attractive.

Go is a more practical language to learn if you want a job. Rust is much more complex and interesting from a language design perspective.

Rust isn't interesting at all. It does nothing new.

>find her incredibly attractive

Attached: madoka.jpg (680x680, 82K)

>it will never be as fast and performant as having native threads running on the OS kernel directly
not entirely true user

Do you have any WebM stored on your device? Maybe you should abide by your own rules and delete all of them. :-)

Because you've got no taste.

Attached: 1514640556162.jpg (540x546, 87K)

redpill me on D user

fug stay away with mixing to langauges, the reason Go has so many libs its because they are just linked to C libs.
Code will break and memory leak will appear for calling functions that never been intended to be called in particular maner.

we should speak more about her work in technology, than her body..

Go back to /soc/. We try to talk about more important things, fags!

>twitter.com/isislovecruft/status/1037802425908772864

I feel like puking