Mac OS Mojave

Any macfags here switched to Mojave yet?
Is it worth it? How's the compatibility with apps?
Buggy?

Attached: macOS-10.14-Mojave-Night-hero-hero.jpg (3000x1687, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

macrumors.com/2017/09/25/macos-high-sierra-weekly-efi-security-check/
github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/tree/master
itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?mt=12
support.apple.com/kb/DL1969?locale=en_US
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its basically the same
seems less buggy than high sierra first versions.
I don't use dark theme

font rendering on non-retina displays is horribru. ordered a 4k display lol.

This and this There's a "fix" for that:

defaults write -g CGFontRenderingFontSmoothingDisabled -bool NO

However it's not that amazing either. I have this cheap, crappy 24 inch 1080p monitor and honestly I'm not finding it pleasant.

rmbp 13" L13, running dark theme
1 "issue" so far is that I can't run android emulators, everything else is fantastic thus far, I use photoshop, brackets, textmate, macfeh, textual and github as far as 4rd party apps go, didn't have issues on high sierra either though. No bugs, lags, etc, smooth as silk.

2015 13" Retina mbp
I fucking hate that hard press quick look works only whenever it wants.
This shit is unacceptable, if it doesn't work half the time just remove it completely.

anybody with a touchbar mbp used it?

Yes.

any issues with the touchbar on mojave?
does it fix any issues you had previously?

It's noticeably fast, but the dark theme is trash.

does pirated adobe software still work on it

I haven't had any issues with the touchbar on high sierra or mojave.

Anyone know about the current state of hackintoshing? Will Mojave run on off the shelf hardware still, or did Apple bring back the EFI locks like in Sierra? I haven't had a fully working hackintosh since Mavericks.

Looking to run it on an X230 by the way.

Attached: 1538351968136.jpg (540x696, 68K)

after i got onto high sierra mine started disappearing every once in a while

So you'll use it as 1080p screen?

>did Apple bring back the EFI locks like in Sierra?
This?
macrumors.com/2017/09/25/macos-high-sierra-weekly-efi-security-check/
Have never seen it.

Attached: 6fbbff54.png (698x465, 99K)

how did you get an rx 480 into a 2012 mbp

that's k55vd with egpu

So far so good. On refresh rates above 60hz this thing is pretty goddamn smooth, specially if you use applications like Smooze.

They make it harder if you have dual gpu on your laptop in high sierra. You need to spoof or disable it so the OS doesn't detect it.
However I just install my hackintosh without any changing whatsoever except updating clover and fundamental kexts.
Still, there's graphic issue in my hackintosh when I'm using dark theme for some reasons. I just use setting to go back to old dark theme though.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-10-01 at 9.59.55 pm.png (698x465, 145K)

>I just use setting to go back to old dark theme though.

So the old one (dark dock and menu bar, but light everything else) can be enabled again?

Yeah, with some argument on terminal.

Any change in how fonts look on retina/HiDPI screens?

I know it's not strictly related but has anyone ever had any experience with installing a GPU inside a Streacom DB4? I'm in love with the format and the concept of a fanless case and I want to make a hackintosh out of it, a pretty powerful one

They look slimmer

This OS makes me wish high resolution displays were cheaper. 1080p is shite.

Preach it. I thought 1080p was good enough after using 768p laptop until I did hackintosh.

It's really because of the font rendering. Better on hDPI, worse on low resolutions. It's blurrier than it needs to be.

In contrast though, I get tired reading shit without scaling on Windows. Cleartype ain't do dick and Mactype makes fonts even blurrier than MacOS (and fucks with kerning)

Only 5K makes sense on macos, at least then you get 1440p of working space

I would be ok with 1080 of working space, it's just the fucking fonts that bother me honestly. But yeah, 5K are fucking great. Too bad about the price.

Only 5K makes sense on any OS.

>Only 5K makes sense on any OS with proper scaling

Fixed

macOS is shit if you're using < 200+ PPI (Retina range)

Have fun with jaggy and blurry shit if you're non retina.

t. got the LG 5K retina usb-c refurbished for super cheap

How super cheap?

Alright, I tried this with Sierra last year but didn't put in much effort. This time around I think I've got everything I need minus WiFi drivers, so I'll give this another go High Sierra. People are reporting font issues and stuff with Mojave and I don't care about dark themes, so I think this is fine.

Wish me luck.

Attached: 20181001_123300-1.jpg (2042x2449, 2.48M)

Is my pirated ableton still gonna work?

Doing Clover EFI method?

Yup

what's Mojave's codename

Yeah, and it's working surprisingly well. Should be done in about 15 minutes.

Attached: 20181001_124539-1.jpg (2031x2462, 2.3M)

A few applications don't work unless updated, so if you can't find pirated updated versions of those, you're fucked. I couldn't find pirated Little Snitch and 4.0.3 doesn't work on Mojave.

However pirated Tuxera still works fine.

Don't forget to generate cpu SSDT if you haven't already in your previous attempts
github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/tree/master

I've heard Hackintosh is major asspain

If you haven't done it before

What does that do? I didn't do that before.

Moreso than installating Linux or Windows. But it's not that terribly difficult if you have an IQ over 80 and you can read.

Generates a file that can be used to activate native power management that's similar to whatever SMBIOS you use (for instance, power management similar to what a specific model of macbook pro from a few years ago would use under similar specifications). It'll enable speedstep and allow for the processor to waste less energy on idle.

Hackintosh is all about learning curve. Just make sure you do it on long weekend if you have a job.

If you ever tried a linux distro outside of easy shit like Ubuntu, Mint and Manjaro, it's not that difficult. Nowadays most shit just requires you to put specific files on your EFI partition.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks. And by the way the system is up and running now.

Attached: 20181001_130348-1.jpg (1976x2531, 2.99M)

>10.13.4
Update my mang, or expect kernel panics to which high sierra was very prone to

I still got kernel panics on 10.13.6 too desu. 10.12.6 was a perfect MacOS for me.

>10.13.6
I stayed on 10.13.5 and had no kernel panics, kernel panics aren't even hackintosh issue in this case, they were happening on real hardware too, I've been looking at console in early high sierra versions and there were a bunch of errors associated with graphics, so my take is that they were happening because of them moving to metal which was not quite ready yet.
Mojave is perfect so far, had no kernel panics at all.

New to macos. How do I upgrade from high sierra?

itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?mt=12

X230 hackintosh guy here again. We shitpostin nao. I managed to get USB tethering working by installing an RNDIS driver. After a reboot my Nexus 5 shows up fine under the network devices when I toggle on USB tethering in the phone's settings. So basically I can use this as a wireless dongle until I order a smaller dedicated USB dongle or I get a new internal wireless card.

Now that I have the system working at the bare minimum state that I need it in, I'm going to copy over my Clover USB's EFI partition contents to the internal disk's EFI partition, since they're providing good enough defaults. I'm also going to do the SSDT thing like another user suggested. After that I'll worry about battery, sleep, audio, etc.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 1.42.52 PM.png (1366x768, 227K)

Show us your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

I'm sick of hackintosh poorfags. I can't wait till apple bricks your shit computer

Thanks for supporting apple, richfuk, you make hackintosh possible

Why? There's nothing in it.

Stay ass blasted, faggot.

This. Comfy ThinkChads get all the benefits of MacOS and business class hardware while Macfags pay out the ass for overpriced rehashed Intel shit wrapped in soda cans. Lmao.

This half baked hackintosh laptop is already at least 3x as fast as my 2011 MacBook Pro.

OP here, just updated to Mojave
my apps seem to work but not sure what I think about these fonts desu

Cope harder, poorfag.

Running a Hackintosh is like running OpenBSD on a gaming rig

Use on light theme with default colors there's barely any difference if any

Post pics of your desktop and opened programs. I want to see how much changed the fonts.

I'm comfy on my hackintosh and you can't do anything about it

Attached: 79923250.jpg (276x276, 58K)

>Why? There's nothing in it.
That's where you'll put generated SSDT

The generated file should be called ssd.dsl, right? Just ran the script. Making sure I did it right.

Meant to say ssdt.dsl. Gotta turn off auto correct.

Mine is named SSDT.aml
iirc you have to define it in clover configuration too, so name may not matter as long as you name it correctly in config.plist
You can check if turbo boost is working correctly with HWMonitor application

Attached: Screenshot 2018-10-01 at 21.43.02.png (912x884, 165K)

Welp, I got everything working except for sleep, which I don't really care about. Battery works, audio works, brightness and volume controls work.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 4.00.40 PM.png (1366x768, 1.89M)

For sleep you probably need to make DSDT or try one that was made for x230

Does power management work correctly if at 20% usage it goes up to max non-turbo frequency (3.20 ghz in my case)?

Let's say that moving the mouse causes some moderate CPU usage (which turns out to be related to polling rate, toned it down but basically at 1000hz it would hit between 15-20% usage), is there anything that could solve this?

Eh, I might try later. But for that I have to make backups, since I want to keep everything at least how it is now, since it works. The next step is looking for a compatible wireless card or USB dongle.

Does it ever go to turbo boost frequencies?

SAVE US BASED SCATMAN

Attached: 1523134099697.jpg (250x252, 14K)

Yes, though it seems I have to push it quite a bit for that.

Moving mouse causes maybe 1 more percent of cpu usage for me

is there an ipsw me equivalent for OSX? I want to go back to High Sierra but I cant even download it from the fucking store

Attached: 1531526734397.png (400x1650, 367K)

support.apple.com/kb/DL1969?locale=en_US

Yes

isnt this just the update? i need the whole os dmg to create a bootable installer

It won't work with my 2011 iMac.
There's a patch around to make it work with a wide range of older Macs but the list of caveats is enough to turn me off.
Maybe I'll stick to High Sierra.

>I cant even download it from the fucking store
Once it's no longer current the install image moves from the store to support.
How do you not know this?
Do you really have a Mac?

but i cant find it even on the support

I'm using it in light mode still, i find dark mode kinda weird. To be honest as far as dark themes go... it's not the greatest, i've used better on linux.

>macshit
>it just fails

Probably because the white line on the title bar.

Has anyone experienced problems installing specific programs in Mojave? Things like that the programs are not compatible with the new version or that work badly or with errors.
Can you make a list of what works and what doesn't?

Attached: 1537925364655.jpg (1483x2374, 1.02M)

see

not yet gonna wait for first big patch. also too busy running winblows 10

how is it trash?

We really need a /gay/ - Primitive Technology board for these kinds of threads.

>Dark is on Alpha phase (try it. Wont hurt)
>Less buggy than high sierra
>Better memory/CPU management than Sierra or High Sierra
>Really smoothy so far.

So far only Chrome Canary

see

I'm switching away from Mojave. It's pretty good, quite stable and all. Problem is I'm a big emulator guy and honestly I'm having a lot of trouble with that shit.

see

Works fine on my 15'' 2018 MBP. Battery life is basically the same, all my programs still work.

Dark theme isn't that good desu. I like the new Launchpad menu. Haven't run into any bugs, but had an irritating time getting it to install. Had to reset my SMC and disable my VPN.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 4.44.13 PM.png (3360x2100, 1.82M)

>all that fucking bloat