Got tired of winblows ten but when i switch to linux i distrohop everytime whats the best stable distro?

Got tired of winblows ten but when i switch to linux i distrohop everytime whats the best stable distro?

Attached: indian-man-using-computer-home-young-people-laptop-31400048.jpg (1300x1076, 143K)

use manjaro and forget about hoppin

Debian

I went knoppix --> slackware --> arch --> ubuntu --> fedora --> debian stable

and debian does exactly what I want it do to:
1. it works
2. it doesn't shit itself

that's the foundation you need to then add things on top.
for extra features I either use backports or apt-pins

windows7 -> ubuntu -> windows7
all in one day. desktop linux is a joke.

Absolutely based.

Jesus shit Ubuntu isn't even usable and I'm a stupid faggot who thinks Linux is acceptable

mint

tards cannot into linux

I went debian stable -> debian testing -> arch
1. I like to use bleeding edge software
2. It just werks (on arch I had to revert like 5 packages during 3 years because of serious bugs, one of these made lightdm freeze)

more like bleeding front hole software lmfao

>loonix
>just werks
L O L
O
L

Mint

Use Linux Mint Xfce or Cinnamon

>tards cannot into linux

>install program from deb file
>after pressing install bar goes slowly to 100% and ā€¯install" button appears again. No error, no prompt, no sad face, program is not installed

>try to setup wwan connection
>select country, provider, data plan
>press apply
>nothing happens can do it over and over
>no error, no prompt, no sad face
>compulsively click add new connection with random countries and providers
>suddenly I have 2 non working connection listed
>add proper connection like before
>my working connection is the 3rd one on the list
>cannot remove non working ones

Inb4: try online help with no error code or whatsoever, like just type 'ubuntu xxx does absolutely nothing'
lol no

debian unstable is probly the best stable distro.

>all in one day
Yeah this only means you're not qualified to give any advice to anyone. Ubuntu holds your hand so much that even a grandma could install it, it's one step away from being retard proof. It's still a totally different system and you need at least a few months with it to really get your head around it. All your knowledge about Windows may only slow you down in troubleshooting, a person who has no prior experience of neither can be faster than you. It's not "Windows, but like, free". It's closer to Unix.

he was talking about usage not installation

basically this

So was I.

>dude it gets good "a few months in"

Attached: 3a7.jpg (680x680, 77K)

thats just the way customization works

that's quite beside the point

It's already good, it's (You) who changes after that few months. That is if you keep using it instead of giving up like a little bitch. Is reading full posts an unbearable chore for you? It's not Windows and if you act like it is Windows you're confusing yourself. You need to think of it as something different and your old tricks won't automatically apply there.

>Ubuntu holds your hand so much that even a grandma could install
yeah, I installed it you illiterate. It refused to go any further.
>All your knowledge about Windows may only slow you down in troubleshooting
lost hard on this one. How do you call troubleshooting when OS is in denial of any errors and just ignores your actions?

no, windows tech support calls you
>ur machine have been hax

Attached: 1497927696196.jpg (634x424, 39K)

>All your knowledge about Windows may only slow you down in troubleshooting

Attached: sww.gif (492x202, 486K)

dank meme. Ubuntu clearly wins

I like mx, so that's the best for me.

In all seriousness though windows tech support and diagnostics is essentially voodoo and black magic. You don't know how or why things happen you just know rituals to make the errors go away.

You have any examples?

Even a grandma would understand at this point that there are multiple possible points of failure. You may have incompatible hardware, too old drivers, non-updated system or you're installing some third-party shit that doesn't work with your software combination. You on the other hand blame the system because pic related. I bet you don't even know that you could see the errors if you did the same from terminal, something Windows users can't understand.
>let's pretend that this is an argument

Attached: 1506622560063.png (183x275, 4K)

Rebooting, for one. Registry fuckery, every program's capable of rebuilding its own registry entries better than using current entries so (c)cleaning them just werks. Installing all of the microsoft redistributables that nobody realizes or documents they have a hard dependence on. "Upgrading" video drivers, to unpredictable more/less broken versions.

There's probly a million more, I haven't had a windows box in years and am rusty.

>You may have incompatible hardware,
card sold with laptop
>too old drivers,
laptop from 2011
>non-updated system
clean install of ubuntu
>you're installing some third-party shit that doesn't work with your software combination.
I'm not installing anything you fucking idiot
I am trying to CONFIGURE 3G connection on 'properly' working hardware

Rebooting has made many error conditions in Linux go away too (shit like sound not working, xorg not starting, vaapi fuckery, permissions) . Let's face it, the kernel and systemd are as much of a black box unless you have a debugger hooked up to it.

those are not rebuttals though.
>card sold with laptop
doesn't mean that the laptop came with a compatible card
>too old drivers
linux actually gets updates to old drivers, i dunno how you can even get old versions of drivers though.
>non-updated system
first thing you do when you install is update
>3rd party shit
Lots of awful wireless chipsets require 3rd party drivers.

No. rebooting is just a sequence of things you can achieve without rebooting. Being able to diagnose without black box rebooting problems is linux. Linux & systemd are open books if you can read a book nigga.

That isn't to say my grandma could do it but anyone with enough will to attempt it can do these things. It's not just possible it is inevitable.

manjaro so you can rice to your hearts content without the autistic setup
fedora for everything else

If you think it's a proof of compatibility if it came with your laptop then you're only emphasizing my earlier post saying Ubuntu is one step away from being retard proof. It's not fully there yet. It means absolutely nothing, it can still be incompatible with Linux. Clean install of Ubuntu doesn't mean that it's using the newest kernel either, you can be using LTS which is older.

Maybe check next time that your 3G modem is Linux compatible before making an ass out of yourself.

Attached: 1506899860644.png (480x529, 106K)

There's nothing wrong with distrohopping as you're learning in the process

Distrohopping is antithetical to learning. Reinstalling the same distro might help though.

I went Ubuntu -> Fedora -> Arch -> Mint -> Elementary OS -> Arch -> Fedora
I continue to use Fedora at this point. It's stable as hell and hasn't given me a problem in years.

You didn't read any of my post with comprehention. Try again. Read slowly. This is my last post because I'm at work and got some job to do, so bye idiot. I won't reply to (You) anymore.
Your meme picrels are hillarious.

That's not an argument, so I don't feel like I'm losing anything of value if you stop replying. Here, have another pic.

Attached: 1512337312158.jpg (645x729, 81K)

Install Gentoo.

I think centos is good. Install first without desktop environment.
Then install gnome and use redhat battery optimization
It is great and has long term support which is great

you mean Devuan

Manjaro Deepin.

Ubuntu and debian are the best stable distros.

fuck off, you got blown the fuck out in the secure browser thread with your Chromium cockgobbling

Use case?