Legality of Engineering Samples

Is it legal to buy an engineering sample Intel CPUs? Intel says, it is (link: communities.intel.com/thread/110476). However, there were few people who got arrested for selling them. So, is it legal to buy these kinds of CPUs?

Attached: 8700k-retail1.jpg (1024x528, 196K)

It's not if you're not a fag.

/thread

give serious answers.

Go for qs, way better than Es. Qs is same as OEM cpu, its given for review to jewtube people, qs also have the full cpu name and not "Intel 0000 cpu" as name, frequency is the same as OEM cpu, Es can have lower freq/turbo. Its legal to buy. Unless you're a company if Intel finds out you will be in trouble.

Are they cherry picked now or not? With proof please.

it's just a gamble with your money, it may have some gay bug in it somewhere that only triggers with your specific use case.

You can own them but Intel and AMD both do not like people selling them because they wont be recognized properly by OSes and so they run worse than intended. They're usually sold by chinese scammers trying to pass them off as the finished versions.

Intel says no to selling them, but does not prevent you from buying them, but if you got them without being the supposed owner do not expect support from them.

>there were few people who got arrested for selling them
I'd like to see that

Linus bought engineering samples off ebay and didn't get arrested

>getting arrested because of corporate interests
the ABSOLUTE state of burgerland

he just got tranny coc

???

>So, is it legal to buy these kinds of CPUs?
No.
>However, there were few people who got arrested for selling them
Probably, because they broke contract/nda, or whatever.
You can buy them, and sell them as long as you didn't sign any contracts that forbids you to do so.

>.No
Meant yes, you can buy them legally.

>I have an Intel CP-

Attached: OPEN UP.jpg (460x300, 28K)

linux (techtips) torvalds

Why would it be illegal to buy something from its seller?

I see, just a retard.

Attached: 8nRqoXW.jpg.png (800x729, 48K)

Attached: 1494384389558.jpg (843x1034, 446K)

The people selling them to you probably signed agreements saying they wouldn't sell them on so they're the ones who'll get in shit, you should be in the clear. But IANAL and for all I know there's some little known anti-counterfeit-goods law or other inane nonsense that covers it.

what feeling are you trying to convey with this image ?

Attached: the-problem-of-be-faster-than-light-you-can-only-31650533.png (500x438, 112K)

>Is it legal to buy an engineering sample Intel CPUs?
Yes, if they're selling them, why not?

how do you know if you have an engineering sample?

it usually says es on the ihs, or in cpuid.