Why'd he sell out? What happened?

Why'd he sell out? What happened?

Attached: Linus-Torvalds-square.jpg (270x270, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lkml.org/lkml/2018/9/23/212
elon.edu/e-web/faculty/faculty-scholars/megan_squire.xhtml
judas.watch/Megan_Squire
researchgate.net/profile/Megan_Squire
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=2122
scottaaronson.com/blog/?p=3376
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Honestly you just can't win. It's easier to just bend over and take the dick than it is to fight against it... Not to mention potential deals he'd ruin in the future

'Cus he realized the only people who liked him and his way of treating others were alt-right retards (redundant, I know) so he decided to grow up and act more like a well-adjusted adult.

"Jow Forums needs to stay in Jow Forums" applies to you salt-left leftypol fuckwits too.

leftypol hates Idpol as well, actually much more than pol

Cuckoldry fetish, probably.

That's literally what Linus said.
>if u no agre w me u r de enemi
This is exactly why Linus did what he did, and why nobody likes alt-* or their shitty rethoric.

He grew up, got a daughter, is more involved in Linux foundation bs. Just an autist who grew up.

This is very unfortunate. Luckily we have Theo in OpenBSD and Matt in DragonFly. FreeBSD is cucked beyond hope.

+
there is hope, given that the following has been the #1 message on LKML for the last couple of weeks: lkml.org/lkml/2018/9/23/212

national fundation for science build entery platform for social studies in FOSS and social engineer for takeover open source projects

elon.edu/e-web/faculty/faculty-scholars/megan_squire.xhtml

shitty source but still judas.watch/Megan_Squire

researchgate.net/profile/Megan_Squire

Considering the Use of Walled Gardens for FLOSS Project Communication

Differentiating Communication Styles of Leaders on the Linux Kernel Mailing List
This begin cite for in Press article

The Diffusion of Pastebin Tools to Enhance Communication in FLOSS Mailing Lists

Project roles in the Apache Software Foundation: A dataset

Apache-affiliated Twitter screen names: A dataset

>daughter
This right here. His daughter "enlightened" him.

how about they can do all of this that they want, but we always point out a flaw in their logic. just watch them squirm. it's going to be 130+ programmer IQ vs 105 social studies major IQ

This. I almost convinced my university to buy a subscription to their journal, but after all that bullshit happened I didn't have much hope in convincing them to pay money for pozzed bullshit

This post is a kafkatrap, specifically a model P

A close variant of the model C is the model P: “Even if you do not feel yourself to be guilty of {sin,racism,sexism, homophobia,oppression…}, you are guilty because you have a privileged position in the {sinful,racist,sexist,homophobic,oppressive,…} system.” For the model P to work, the subject must be prevented from noticing that the demand to self-condemn is not based on the subject’s own actions or choices or feelings, but rather on an in-group identification ascribed by the operator of the kafkatrap.

It is essential to the operation of all three of the variants of the kafkatrap so far described that the subject’s attention be deflected away from the fact that no wrongdoing by the subject, about which the subject need feel personally guilty, has actually been specified. The kafkatrapper’s objective is to hook into chronic self-doubt in the subject and inflate it, in much the same way an emotional abuser convinces a victim that the abuse is deserved – in fact, the mechanism is identical. Thus kafkatrapping tends to work best on weak and emotionally vulnerable personalities, and poorly on personalities with a strong internalized ethos.

In addition, the success of a model P kafkatrap depends on the subject not realizing that the group ascription pinned on by the operator can be rejected. The subject must be prevented from asserting his or her individuality and individual agency; better, the subject must be convinced that asserting individuality is yet another demonstration of denial and guilt. Need it be pointed out how ironic this is, given that kafkatrappers (other than old-fashioned religious authoritarians) generally claim to be against group stereotyping?

esr.ibiblio.org/?p=2122

IQ is meme and point logic flaw stupid.

Meh someday real facist goverment will erase these people .... like 68 movement "students" get killers.

or build software for massive doxxing over academia social science.

Read the BBC interview, he took the Kolmogorov Option:

scottaaronson.com/blog/?p=3376

Faced with an unjust regime he can't possibly defeat he chooses to cooperate and try to do the best he can from the inside.

Using the same logic kafkatraps can't be devoided of being kafkaesque which is a figure of style

If the code of ethics set in place is reasonable, then it doesn't really matter what kind of tumblrcreature wrote it.

is it me or have the bots become more obvious lately?

CoC polemic trigger a lot left reddit and now comes to Jow Forums ...

we don't care who wrote the CoC, we care that the CCCoC is a panchreston, and thus can be rejected on the basis of its argumentative form alone

>panchreston
>noun
>a proposed explanation intended to address a complex problem by trying to account for all possible contingencies but typically proving to be too broadly conceived and therefore oversimplified to be of any practical use.
>Example: The Contributor Covenant Code of Conduct document is a panchreston and thus can be rejected on the basis of its argumentative form alone.

>not much hope in universities paying for pozzed bullshit
Where have you been the past decade?

The code requires accepting contributions from anyone of any religion
fulan gong
Wait till China hears about it
satanism
Wait till the 45% of America/religious right hears about this

Also, can't reject contributions from fatties?
Fatties deserve to be shamed and exiled.
Obesity is a disease like cancer, not a fashion statement
You don't accept cancer, you fight it
The same goes with the bullshit fat acceptance morons

> It's easier to just bend over and take the dick than it is to fight against it...
user... i think you are gay

I went to an actually good university run by people who work for the NSA

for real, he didn't have to use that metaphor, but he chose to

I know you're really trying, but try to clear your thoughts, calm down and post that again.

Furthermore, the fat dude in a dress that wrote that Devil's Covenant prolifically posts hate on Le CIS gendered scum
That's specifically prohibited by his own stupid rules
The commit should be reverted with the author's tweets as justification for removing it
The whole thing is conceived in hypocrisy

i hope linus family is now out of danger
that is all

honey trapped by a trap.

He was afraid of being lumped together with alt right boogeymen.

And I'm sure he's a piece of shit with mental issues. But what specifically is wrong about the code of ethics itself?

It's not a code of ethics
Get it right
>Contributor Covenant Code of Conduct

Alt right just means normal person these days.

Because like he pointed out, the disallowed actions are broad and vague enough that practically nobody who communicates with other human beings will be able to technically follow it, which is intentional of course because it's going to be used as a way for literal communists to pick on people they don't like

it's not specific rules like "no swearing"

>you should be nice when working on our project
>OMG FASCISM IM GONNA RUIN THE WHOLE PROJECT OVER THIS
And you guys wonder why people don't take free software seriously. It's time for FOSS to grow up.

Yes, Just build mass surveillance platform over FOSS and FOSS contributors.

>broad and vague enough that practically nobody who communicates with other human beings will be able to technically follow it
Kind of reminds me of your posts tbf.

Imagine having completely switched over to loonix years ago and preached nonstop to others about its merits only to be cucked like this in an instant

I almost feel sorry for loonixfags

Attached: 1502868504297.png (444x482, 132K)

I wish someone would develop a kernal that isnt stuck in the 90s and infltrared by gays

That is transphobic, user! It could be a "feminine penis".

You are now banned from contributing to Linux development.

Same.

We need a kernel that can show the usage of the RAMbus. Are gigabytes worth of data being pushed in and out of the RAM and is the whole computer feeling sluggish because of that? Or is it something else?
100% CPU load can mean that the computed stuff is existing merely in the CPUs cache, but it could also mean streaming shitloads of data from SSD/RAM into the CPU. The former doesn't produce load on the RAMbus, the latter does.

As of today, there are 0 (zero) operating systems that can measure this, unless you are running a program whose source you have in a debugging environment that supports this.

>tfw feeling great because able to point out how shit everything is
>tfw feeling like shit because unable to better things because too stupid

Attached: 1521830285772.jpg (771x547, 78K)

Everything must be approved by Corporate HR, because work on open source projects is often done by corporate workers and by people looking to beef up their resume/portfolio.

Code of Conducts will be coming to EVERY open source project, big or small. You wouldn't want to have a "problematic" project on your resume that's filled with mean auti- I mean INCEL -- losers, would you, sweety?

A conscious decision to live outside of Portland says just about all you need to know regarding the issue. Coastal living in the U.S. will fucking ruin anybody.

Right on the money. You should do it! Be the first guy to make a megakernal you will cuck Linus trovoldis.

Wow you're right. Incel is a politically correct way to hate on autists because they're typically anti-PC.