Any graphics programmers here? What's it like?

Any graphics programmers here? What's it like?

Attached: 51bly7TR9rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (384x500, 31K)

I rendered a triangle once.

I made a spinning cube with textures on it but I didn't understand what I was doing

95% like regular OpenGL ES

You're hired

Pain. Everything is broken and confusing

Can you give an example of something broken?

How do I into OpenGl? Every tutorial I look at has too much text.

how much linear algebra do you need to know?

>how much linear algebra do you need to know
4x4 matrix multiplication
>Every tutorial I look at has too much text.
There is no good way to learn from any other medium. Use learnopengl.com or any other online tutorial that teaches OpenGL 3.3 or higher.

matrix multiplication, vector multiplication, dot vs. cross product, matrix invertibility, computing eigenvalues, homegeneous coordinates. That's about it.

I have bad news anons...

Learn OpenGL ES 2.0+
It's the reduced set for mobile and embedded devices, but teaches all important concepts nevertheless

Thats regular linear algebra... Why do some people make it look so hard?

Because they're not as smart as you.

Is OpenGL kill then? Vulkan is completely replacing it?

>sign up for graphix uni class
>they have us learn to derive projection matrices
FUCK
At least the practical part is cool

Vulkan is just more low level than OpenGL, many devs probably will not need it

its a far superior multi-platform api, so yes it is

Being an expert graphics programmer is all about understanding the stupid black-box bullshit different GPUs do and how to optimize around that
Researching new algorithms also requires you to have a strong grasp of the math
But you can implement a decent renderer without being good at either of these things

For 90% of the population, putting the word 'algebra' in a term automatically makes it look impossible. The main thing to remember is why graphics programming is bothering with linear algebra:
>Certain transforms, such as rotation or scaling, on points can be represented as matrix multiplications on vectors
>Because matrix multiplication is associative, any number of these specific transforms can be concatenated and then reduced to a single matrix multiplication
>Homogeneous coordinates are used because they let more transforms be represented as these matrix multiplications, most importantly translations and perspective transforms.
And then work backwards from there.

Attached: contest.png (500x500, 734K)

Wrote a game engine based off of OpenGL. Hard to get into, but easy once you learn how it tends to do shit.

oh you mean breaking it yourself, I thought you meant the API being broken somehow

How do I learn Vulkan? Is it one shot for all platforms or will I still need the microsoft proprietary stuff?

learnvulkan.com

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Ah thanks.

I'm not the same guy, I just wanted to show you examples of bad renders. Like pic related with a poorly distributed photon mapping

Attached: concurso2.png (500x500, 734K)