/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics card pairing.
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.
>For Win7 in Ryzen, refer to pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1 (embed)

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>Wait for 9700k - Almost surely best for 1080p gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than current GPUs. Just a marketing gimmick to rip off idiots
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 for lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: firefox_2018-09-25_20-52-50.jpg (3840x1627, 344K)

Other urls found in this thread:

userbenchmark.com/
ple.com.au/Categories/Case-Modding-and-Accessories/Sleeved-Cables
pcpartpicker.com/list/vD4vD2
pcpartpicker.com/list/VLfmQZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/mhBrtg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

looking to upgrade most of my shit.
any reason to get one set/brand of 3000mhz+ ram over another? also corsair rm650x or seasonic focus plus gold 650? they cost about the same, the corsair is maybe $5 more here

Brand, no.
Dies, yes.
But anyway unless you're getting B-die, just get the cheapest 3000 CL15 or 3200 CL16. Sameish thing.

Looking for a future overhaul plan for my rig.

Budget - 1000-1500 AUD
Purpose - General purposes / gaming / RTS and grand strategies
Monitor - 1366 x 768p 60hz. Planning to keep, no upgrade
GPU - 1050 ti, Planning to keep, no upgrade
Case - ATX Deepcool Tesseract white

Ram is too expensive right now. Best you can do is wait. As for the best one out there, G.Skill Flare X for AMD. IDK about Intel.
The PSU are the same. You are paying for brand and looks, they are both made by seasonic. Take the one with the longest warranty.

Is it worth it investing into higher quality X470 mobo over budget tier B450 in preparation for Zen 2? What would that achieve?

They discontinued all the gtx1080/Ti's in my country

Better quality components for more accurate or stable overclocking?

A lot of different mobo and reviews on them while everyone is trying to sell me their shit.

Attached: .jpg (1200x900, 278K)

I can’t imagine you need to upgrade your CPU or RAM if you are planning to stay on that resolution

What if I don't intend to overclock? I guess what i want to know is if there's going to be performance loss running Zen 2 ryzen on B450 board when compared to running it on X470 board.

The fuck is that in the pic?

I should mention I have G4560. Its an absolute bottleneck, especially in strategy games that I love. Now obviously, that means getting a new monitor is irrelevant, but fucking pent cant get 30 fps on most RTS for fuck sake.

>mfw pc parts are on their way to my house right now
>mfw I stayed up all night on sunday watching the shiping tracker update
>mfw I'm twenty fucking five and this is the most excited I've been since
>forever

Attached: images.jpg (257x196, 16K)

How the fuck do I decide what case to buy?

I go on pcpartpicker and organize all the cases that fit my motherboard from lowest price to highest, then I start clicking on every single one until I find one that looks nice. The only functionality you have to worry about is
>front USB3.0 ports
>form factor for your motherboard
>do you need a CD drive?
>proper airflow

proper airflow sounds complex but that just means is there a clear space in the front where air can be pulled in, and a clear space near the back where air can be pushed out?

No.

Attached: Placas-base-AMD-400-Series-1.jpg (1566x750, 165K)

Same here, get ready for assembling it. I literally get a hard on everytime i build a new pc.

It's from Maniac on Netflix, the guy is in a VR thing with VR sex gear, silicon in his hands and a thing attached to his penis, when his ex Asian gf walks in on him and asks him to come help run their science experiment testing fucked up drugs on mentally unstable people and putting them into a VR controlled by an AI that has feelings and is more mentally unstable than they are.

The magic of PC's is that it is very easy to upgrade - while that doesn't mean buying the biggest case, you should consider your potential usages and parts that goes in it. Starting with MATX is standard, ITX if budget and / or no plans to upgrade (HTPC).

Prioritise case with good airflow 'n' easy cable management over transparent glass shit or RGB shit. Look at 5 star rated cases on PC part picker

Will EU tariffs play a siginficant role during black friday sales in Europe?
If I understand correctly, the US is already fucked when it comes to pricing (25%) increase, but I'm not sure about the EU. We already pay much more for PC parts on average than Americans.

Attached: 1538236642366.webm (1280x720, 2.51M)

You'll pay your taxes all the same and pay for a lot of shipping. It's only good when you have big promotions, otherwise the prices are the same.

You even get black friday? Over here at best you'll get like 10% discount on some shitty overpriced tvs.

Holy shit. That worn down coating on that shitty quality pan. You're going to get cancer if you don't have it already.

>he actually bought a G4560
Man where is that shill from who made the OP 2 threads ago and who was shilling up the previous thread?
He was fighting so fucking hard to shill the G4560 last year and pissing everyone off.

Good explanation.

Different guy, ive been cooking like that for years still no cancer and idgaf tbf.

> I've been smoking for years and I still don't have lung cancer

Yeah and? I said idgaf i wasnt planning on living past 30 anyway.

You have to be 18 to post here.

Ive been in here while you were still shitting in diapers sweetie

>Don't use speccy.
What program does Jow Forums recommend?
Also i'm upgrading to a GTX 1070, should I upgrade my CPU as well?

Attached: Screenshot (21).png (1904x1080, 785K)

Your CPU will pretty much bottleneck more than what you have now, or maybe a 960 or 1050Ti at most except in games which are light on CPU.

R5 2600 is a good choice. Not much point in getting a 6700/7700 anymore given the security issues and performance regression.

Wait. Too much doesn't make sense.
Why are you getting a 1070 for a 1080p 60hz monitor? Just get an RX580.
I was also going to add that you may as well just let your CPU be the bottleneck since 7nm Zen2 CPUs are coming in a few months. But that's become less beside the point.

I got a 970 EVO 500GB M.2 ssd and I'm not noticing a huge difference over my sata ssd. is it defective? should I get a replacement or rufund

Is this a joke?

what is your target resolution? unless you are upgrading your monitor you don't need a 1070 for 1080p60hz. upgrading to a ryzen 5 2600 would give you 6c/12t over your current 4c/4t but might not make sense if you are going for a really high refresh rate

To be honest i've just only ever bought Nvidia GPUs

There is a first time for everything.
Just ordered my first RX580 since ATI Radeons. Works well. Freesync screen for 100€ also feels good to play ultra at 60-75hz.

I recently got a laptop with a nvme ssd and that had a really snappy boot time so I thought my desktop would do the same and I had the money so I went for it. but I'm just not seeing any improvement

what could this mean
Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 144
Parameter 1: 3003
Parameter 2: ffffc10f536686c8
Parameter 3: 40010007
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_17134
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

can you boot? id say its the disk

Is a 128gb Nvme SSD for Windows + 500gb SSD for Games and 1/2tb 7200rpm 2.5 in HDD for Media a solid combo for a mini ITX system? Currently have a 5400rpm 3.5in bulky HDD and want to have it replaced by something faster and hopefully more silent. I'll likely use my 2tb HDD either for archive storage or NAS.

Attached: 1538213072783.webm (640x360, 2.79M)

Is it really worth it to shell out the shekels to pair B-Die RAM with my TR 1920x? If so, should I go ahead and buy a $450+ 32GB kit now, or will the price lower sometime in the next 2 months?

my generic mouse finally got ded after years of use.
can anyone recommend me a decent mouse i tried google but it gives me razor and im really nor sure i want to fall for this meme(unless they are actually good i have zero clue about mices been using generic once all my life).

Attached: 1509485431221.gif (500x500, 1.17M)

Razer Taipan is the best mouse in the world

>can you boot?
yes
i'm using a brand new SSD

You don't need a NVMe for Windows. It's only useful for professional uses. You won't make any gains for that. A regular SATA is just as good. So instead of getting these maybe you could get a 1TB 3D NAND SATA and partition it instead of the two others. If you're short of room you could get a mSATA but NVMe is a meme.
And get a 2TB HDD, it's barely more expensive and you will enjoy the room.

I have two SSDs (500GB OS and pro programs - 1TB games and projects) and a 4 TB for random files and completed projects. Will buy another one for RAID.

Try the new Razer Deathadder Essential, no lights to fuck with just a basic awesome mouse

Nice so you're experiencing what is posted about 10 times every single thread.
Good reading skills.
>NVMeme for gayming and muh 0.03s faster windows boot times
hey look another one

I'd take that extra $100 you'd spend on a 1070 over an RX580 and put it today getting one of those $90-$125 75hz Freesync IPS screens.
I'm assuming your current monitor is a TN panel, and you'll get better quality picture instead of more FPS than your current monitor can even display.

Mionix for RTS/ARPG games where you click a lot. (light button spring and short travel. Also comfy)
Finalmouse Pro, Rival 600, or a Zowie for FPS.

>2005 laptop resolution
upgrade that you faggot

When in doubt, Seasonic

Wasted money on nvme

>hey look another one
A 250gb Samsung Nvme drive is around 60€. Will it perform well if I use it for Windows and my picture + webm collection. Maybe some games, as well?

what is that benchmark?

what GPU should I buy, niggas?

Attached: asdfasdf.png (1434x864, 226K)

Just as good as a SATA. It only shines when you transfer, import or export data.
> hey look another one
???

I like how you're not reading the posts you're replying to.

Vega56 if it's still

what website is that?

userbenchmark.com/
It compares components based on user benchmark results, you can download their program to test your gear.

can i build decent and silent pc for 1000 dollars monitor included?

thanks bro

Any reason I shouldn't get this HS&F?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 29K)

>Vega56 if it's still

going to go with razer despite all the memes because it seems a lot of places recommend it online.
is it a good idea to buy it from ebay?
amazon jews 20$ for shipping while ebay got it for free but the "from china" makes me worry despite it stating its the original brand.

Attached: thanks.jpg (367x368, 47K)

>Just as good as a SATA
thanks, user
>I like how you're not reading the posts you're replying to.
I read all all of then, but I'm not like the local namefag that replies to each and every one in here

it's good, it just looks a bit cheap.
I considered buying it myself and ended up with the Enermax liqmax II 120

Attached: 71nmryNUQ6L._SX355_.jpg (355x284, 16K)

Oh so Vega56 is obviously the better deal given Freesync. Not sure why you're posting that instead of buying it when you can clearly see the prices and that it's a better deal yourself.

I didn't recommend Razer, no.

Aren't the new Intel CPUs releasing today? Seems like there's not a lot of hype behind them.

In a few weeks. It got delayed.

i have a G-sync monitor.

> leakmax

is...is there a problem with them?

Where do you live? Here it's at least 600 for a good one.

Only meme'in. No worries, I just find the name funny.

Germony

Attached: _PShhGmqr_qnGJMjLzGQgPKuG4d9Wk2NNNihy3wW2WY.jpg (640x375, 54K)

What color sleeved cables should i go for from ple.com.au/Categories/Case-Modding-and-Accessories/Sleeved-Cables ? I like the light blue / grey / white ones but my build is pretty much all black so im thinking the black ones would be a better choice. Also sad that theres no pink

Are you a faggot?

I have about 800-100 CAD to spend on building my first computer. Is there any guides I can look at to make my shopping easier or any recommendations? I'm looking to use it for mostly gaming.

Attached: IMG-20180916-WA0002.jpg (1200x1600, 134K)

Not really. I just figure theyre pretty cheap and look nice.

Ryzen 3 when?

So 2080tis... Should i buy one or are they going to drop in price drastically? I like the look of the xc ultra especially for that super thick cooler

> nvidia
> dropping before obsolescence
Pick one.

Q1 next year if we are lucky.

and if we are not?

I'm looking to get VR. My current GFX card is a GTX950 which won't cut it. I also don't intend to use a resolution higher than 1080p.
Should I wait until the next cards come out? Which card should I get? These prices are insane.

Q2 most likely. May or June at worst.

Does SSD brand matter? I've always gotten Samsung in the past, but SanDisk and Kingston are cheaper. Are they fine brands?

Theyre fine. Samsung is just good because of their nand and some other caching stuff which makes it faster. That said i have samaung 960s in my system as well as kingston a400s and have used nearly every ssd available in various other systems, theres not a real noticeable difference with sata ssds

Because it is outperformed by a decent air cooler without the risks

3000-3200MHz ram should be enough

This is a stupid question and might belong in the stupid questions thread, but what's the difference between different versions of the 1080? For example everyone dick rides founders edition, what's the difference between the founders edition and a card priced less with the same specs?

>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work

You can find RX580 4Gb for around $170-$190 on sale sometimes. That's a bit above the minimum needed for VR.

Different PCB, cooler, warranty, and warranty service.
The later 3 being the most important for most users.

My gpu covers my pci-e 1x slot and I want to add more usb ports, are these extension cables safe?

Attached: 51dnmEBo4lL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 43K)

so i'm building my first up to date pc in a while, how's this list?
pcpartpicker.com/list/vD4vD2

pcpartpicker.com/list/VLfmQZ
almost cheapest build i could make
someone change something to make it even cheaper but better

keep in mind, it is an extreme budget build, and it's meant to be expanded on over the span of a year

yes.

pcpartpicker.com/list/mhBrtg

Get a cheaper board like the B450M Mortar and change the RAM to a 2x4Gb kit of something like G.Skill 2800 RAM.
Rosewill SRM-01 is probably a cheaper case as well. Usually it's around $20.