3rd year in CS

>3rd year in CS
>40% of my grade for my course will be based on a group project
>got teamed up with 3 literal retards who don't know anything
>forced to do all of the work again, while they do absolutely nothing
I can't do this shit anymore. College is a fucking meme, fuck this shit, I should've worked as a freelancer and worked my way up instead of dealing with incompetent retards for 3 years. I can't even choose my own group and the professor refuses to listen to me. This is some fucked up shit.

This is too tiresome. How did you guys deal with these retarded courses in CS? Fyi, I'm in Berkeley

Attached: 1509086869861.jpg (918x597, 216K)

I got paired with retards too and my teacher passed me anyway cause he felt sorry for me cause i was the only one who did any work

been in the same situation user, just hang in there

I wish I had a professor like that

> get paired with a guy and a qt314
> guy and I do all of the work
> qt314 never comes to our group meetings/sessions
> we get a B, even the qt314

Attached: 1534008899627.jpg (255x198, 9K)

it's not fair bro

>group project
>we are graded individually anyway.

I still had to carry the team , but remember boy that Adam didnt beg for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders.

>3 retarders learn to mananger
get interships put berkeley sound good, avoid begin autist graduate without job experience.

just get mananger jobs

I don't think we are graded individually. Our professor assumes we put in equal amount of work into it. We are only graded individually on exams

Divide up the work.

Use source control.

Document all communications.

Meet them once per week for group coding sessions with a concrete goat that must be achieved before going home.

Essentially you've got to be a project manager as well.

Been in the same position as well at univ, its practice for the real world

>CS course is about to close in Uni, in favor of the new Software Engineering course
>Teaches are just approving the most retarded students to get hid of them already
>4th year of CS is literally more trivial than the 2nd year
>Back then I'd spend days developing a single project, nowadays there's no assignment that takes me more than 30 minutes
>Most of the class still can't solve them anyway
I hope graduating with bunch of retards won't backfire on me later.

>My ex classmate can't solven linear search ...

>How did you guys deal with these retarded courses in CS
By dropping out

Attached: 410A4ADB-31FF-490F-8845-4BEC2C14745D.png (333x334, 140K)

Attached: concrete_goat.jpg (640x768, 52K)

Be king of the retards and force them to do what you say or threaten to drop the class.

lost

>ahhh my leg, and I need these pills. I'm not gonna be able to make it to the coding session, I can't afford the $3 of gas.

*pretend to know nothing so the true retard does all the work when in the meantime work on more meaningful projects instead of homework

>its practice for the real world
My professor tells me this too, but it really isn't. If I get random, incompetent retards at w ork, I will walk up to my boss and tell him to do something about it or I'll look for greener pastures elsewhere. This is why we're seeing more and more consultants in IT too, because they decide who they'll work with.

wait you don't like that? It's so cheese when I can just do everything myself and not worry about what the plebs "ideas" are

>Get an amazing project from sponsor
>Team shows 0 initiative
>Can't agree on a meeting date with our sponsor
>One member thinks face to face means video conference
>Rages at me for disagreeing with them
>Have intro meeting with sponsor
>Sponsor mentions C, once
>Post meeting group starts looking for any excuse not to code in C

Why?

If I'm forced to work in a group, then I want the work load to be split evenly. I am not here to spoonfeed and babysit shitters.

>do almost all of the programming
>create the powerpoint
>stay silent during the group's presentation of the project to the class
almost worth the sleepless nights

based and redpilled

This is the stuff that makes me roll up a cigar and make coffee at 2 am.Hate this shit!

back to r*ddit

Did u tell the prof she didn't do any work?

if you're planning on leaving, do it on a high note. tell the prof you gave me a shit team and I'm tired of carrying people so you can mark my team down for zero cause I'm not doing any work and they can't and won't produce anything that can be graded

Why don't you go? I hear they like niggers.

I don't mind as long as I pass with Bs or As, and she was too pretty for me to sntich on her

based and red pilled

>both a redditor and a Jow Forumsfag
yikes

>take two classes with gf
>have to make a simple chat with an encryption algorithm
>math function parser
>some SO simulator algorithms
>a bunch of other retarded projects
>gf can't code at all
>have to make everything myself
>she knows I'm doing all the work so she gives me more sex
Can't complain

>Fyi, I'm in Berkeley
let me guess: every group of niggers and fmoids gets one white or asian guy assigned? that's the white man's burden

Attached: whitemansburden.jpg (2140x1357, 783K)

>I'm the literal retard in the group

Attached: 1515118692257.jpg (400x400, 16K)

If you hadn't noticed yet, that's how life works. 90% of the world are retards and the other 10% have to carry them along

every major is filled with 90% retards right? not just CS?

Even mathematics is filled with retards but you don't have to deal with them because there are no group projects.

This is training for what a real programming job will be like.

Same boat, plus the class is basically English 3 because they know it's for retards so we're sitting here not coding anything menwhile getting points off for Vision Statement type bullshit.

Had a six figure job offer to drop out but for some reason I didn't take it.

because there's no reason to use C in 2018 on anything with more computing power than a raspberry pi unless you're writing a shader or crypto miner. That said, their reasoning is probably because they only know Java because they've never coded anything outside of class.

Deal with it.

We all had to go through this shit.

I don't get how this is still a thing - won't your professor be able to see that all the code commits are in your name?
Anyway, try to relax and enjoy mentoring those kids, you are the one that will be getting the better job right away.

Same. Thank you smart chads for getting me an A.

so? report them to the teacher, it's their job to supervise.
just make a summary/pv at every group session and then send it to all group members, teacher included.
They'll not only be able to see your progress and work, have a good impression of your work ethics, and know who doesn't do shit.

>be the caucasian boy who bullies the poor affirmative action students
great way to get thrown out of berkley

I had to do a group paper once. It was me and 3 foreigners. I'm pretty sure foreigners get graded easier because their writing was awful but we still got an A. The hardest part of the project was trying to decipher their emails because they never made any sense.

dats waycis

which course user? cs162?

One good thing came out of it. It was an HR class, and I had an interesting conversation with the Chinese kids about why safety laws and OSHA are bad. Basically it is better to have a job without safety laws than it is to be unemployed with safety laws.

I should have talked with them more.

Don't be this pitty

>she was too pretty for me to sntich on her
You deserve extra work for nothing, just for being a cuck.

>she

Thats how real life is too -- 90% of people around you are not going to pull their weight. get used to it

>similar situation to this
>just started commenting every function I created
>use my name as variables in each function
>group members never reviewed any code
The prof saw that I wrote about 80% of the functions and marked accordingly

Attached: Smug_Pepe_Blender.jpg (630x630, 43K)

The point of the Group excercises is to prepare you for your future when you become a taxpayer.
You will put in all the work, others will take some of the benefit of that work from you.
This is why they do it, to prepare you for when you're working 60 hours a week so the government can take it in taxes to pay for Shaqeetas 19th kid.

Attached: 1258451749543.jpg (300x426, 27K)

>instead of dealing with incompetent retards for 3 years
but it's gonna be this way out of uni too
welcome to the real world
>hurr i can just complain to my boss
tell that to your startup scumbag hipster workmates

dropped out half a semester in. if you're cs, just join the air force or navy. end up with a ton of money when you get out and literally anyone will hire you.

>he pays his own gf for sex
Alright, I'm going to need a four letter word that starts with a C.

It's all so tiresome

where do you live and why does college in your country sucks so much? with any professor I had in college, I could've just walked to him or her and asked to do the whole thing alone and they would've granted my request

stop giving women pussy passes

>3rd year in dev role
>100% of my paycheck will be based on a group project
I can't do this shit anymore. Work is a fucking meme, fuck this shit, I should've stayed a NEET instead of dealing with incompetent retards for 3 years. I can't even choose my own group and the boss refuses to listen to me. This is some fucked up shit.

This is too tiresome. How did you guys deal with these retarded jobs? Fyi, I'm at a Fortune 500 company

Attached: allsotiresome.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

brain damage

What do you mean "they are retarded"? Sometimes i feel i am a retard, and it would be nice to compare

This is common for most group projects btw.

Accept your role as group leader, you schmuck. One day you will be a manager and make 30% more.

>using C for crypto miner
Lmao just use Java bro

Attached: sonic_skateboard_by_aquelf-d5jsw0z.jpg (700x650, 93K)

my point to OP is that he will have to deal with the same shit at work once he graduates. Might as well learn how to deal with it now.

> group project, 3 ppl
> Me and my friend, need a third one
> Some dude come up to us at the end of the lecture and asks to join, i say yes
> Next week he doesn't show up, can't find on Facebook, don't know his full name
> Go to the teacher : " sir you need to kick user out, we don't know him and he's not even here"

So he got kicked out, but now we have a fuckin r9k poster in our group, he's unbearable and so punchable
Group project fucking sucks

The work load you're doing now is the workload you'll have a job. Those retards aren't going to graduate. The point of those classes is to create good coders who can handle a full project themselves. Then once you get a job you'll be in a team with other people like you who survived the crucible and you'll be able to accomplish even bigger things.

Do all your work, document your steps.

Let the professor know you have shitters in group. Watch them fail.

Be the group leader and pull them into the group work instead of bitching about it on a technology board.
You're getting cucked because you can't work with others. Other people are lazy and disorganized especially students. Get them on the same page user. I've been doing this shit since Friday for a group project we waited too long to do. Its dye tomorrow afternoon and we're wrapping up the PowerPoint now. I have 1 good partner and the other 3 are bums. One hasn't said anything to me for a week and hasn't done a thing. I tried calling him and his number is disconnected.
Be a man and do your shit. People want results not sob stories.

>on CS software engineering track at uni
>group project
>4 of us assigned
>one is a fucking waster who only turned up to the group sessions with the professor once, and brags about getting drunk all the time and sleeping in so he can't do the work
>as if i'm going to accept that bollocks
>get asked by the professor how we want to handle this
>"Fuck it, he's done literally no work. Dunno about you two, but I say tough shit, he's not been pulling his weight, he gets nothing."
>Prof says fair enough, and we get the marks distributed among the three of us
That's how it worked for me, sorry if your professor doesn't listen, but try putting your foot down, he's not going to kick you out if you're a paying customer either - remind him of that fact.

>3rd day in God role
>100% of my worship will be based on a creation project
>got teamed up with 2 literal retards who don't know anything
I can't do this shit anymore. Divinity is a fucking meme, fuck this shit, I should've stayed a NEET instead of dealing with incompetent retards for 3 eternities. I can't even choose my own pantheon and the boss (me) refuses to listen to me. This is some fucked up shit.

This is too tiresome. How did you guys deal with these retarded creations? Fyi, I'm at the top layer of Heaven.

Attached: 1529880294747.jpg (1000x1000, 123K)

its just practice for when you land your first gig and its to write a full stack app (not just a feature goyim!) in an absurdly brief amount of time(with no specs) or else they will outsource to some pajeets and fire you.

in the future qt314 will blame not being able to get a job to discrimination against women

preempt her and file a complaint with the university for her behaviour being detrimental to women

Absolutely cucked

top layer of Heaven, the fuck are you talking about?
Nice get btw

>it is what it is
RMA yourself

Attached: free_return_shipping.jpg (460x276, 16K)

Because women in Tech she become mananger of pajeets army.

You'll have to deal with this at work to, only this time it's worse as the whole team will get fired if the product isn't working.

Oh and guess who will be doing 80% of the work.

That's right, you.
The rest of the team will have neither the skills nor motivation to get it done, just like your university project.

Make and Send CV to other better pay companies, don't be shame about get better job.

"Retarders" will claim project as own in CV and boss get money or say "I get sucessful project ship in deadline because my superior mananger skill"

Delid this post

Welcome to how the world works. If you get hired in an office you will likely be the only person with drive or a brain and do all the work while Stacey browses facebook or takes 10 years to fill out one spreadsheet and you are expected to do their projects and your own. CHA is the only stat that matters in clownworld.

there is this real pretty girl that keeps failng cs classes.im confused as to why she doesn't use her looks to get a group of beta ortbiters to carry her through school

will this actually happen.this is what i tell myself when I become the defacto group leader and then proceed to do all the work.

pajeet, my son

Based

If its actually 40 and the actually dont do anything then go to your dean. He'll prob fail the others and eval you based on work done. Make sure you keep proof that you did all the work tho

>4th year of CS is literally more trivial than the 2nd year
fuck dude this is me right now. My "advanced networking course" is literally an intro networking course at other unis, and our first assignment was literally just using traceroute.

I spent 3 years learning shit so I can get into the weeds and instead I'm learning the most trivial shit.

should have done EE.

>because there's no reason to use C in 2018
CUDA is all C, openGL is still C, doing any low level I/O is C.

and when you think C is too primitive, you have C++.

cs projects are a joke you can do in one night, stop whining.

implying they make college students learn source control

>ton of money
>$40,000 for 4 years
>$10,000 yr
>ton of money

Attached: 1514770829378.jpg (1200x675, 117K)

Here at UCF Orlando, we take a Senior Design course where the whole class is a group software project and we only pass if it works according to the sponsor/professor's requirements

If you fail the class, you don't graduate

>good grades on all individual work
>pass in something just barely acceptable enough to be considered a valid submission
>professor asks about it
>yeah the others didn't do any work, so I asked them if this would be acceptable and they said yeah it's great
>others all fail the paper because they had shit grades anyway

Literally how the real world works