Where can I find a good dumb TV...

Where can I find a good dumb TV? I just got a new apartment have been furnishing it started to look for a new 50 inch TV, but they are ALL smart tvs, where can I find a dumb tv I have no interest in being spied on through my TV

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/55540605
walmart.com/ip/549172748
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're shit out of luck if you want 4K.

don't connect it to the internet or search for commercial signage models

I've heard they automatically connect to the net and will reconnect when disconnected.

I would essentially use the TV as a monitor. So smart features are redunt as well as being downright invasive.

Fuck, why do companies have to be so fucking retarded. And why are people dumb enough to buy shit that will collect data.

Is there a way to disable the smart features to just use it as a dumb monitor?

>2018
>watching (((TV)))
stupid goy

Do they automatically get on your WiFi or plug in the cable?

Well, Harper TVs are not equipped with a microphone, and you can always firewall the fucker or just don't connect it. Really, if you want a dumb TV, why don't you just use a smart TV offline?
Here is the reason why there are no dumb TVs anymore - you can't have a 4k resolution off a rgular cable, everything moved on to streaming, and for the streaming you are going to need an OS and software capabilities. Just don't be a retard and fence that shit.

Attached: stallmanbat.jpg (500x375, 55K)

You are aware that you can just not connect it to a network right?

If you live with your dumb fucking boomer parents then yes. I bought a cheapo samsung hdtv with smart features thinking "whatevs, just won't use em" and the FIRST THING my dumbass literal boomer dad who actually pays for mcafee does when I'm at work is connect it to our router and start watching netflix on it. Fuck.

don't connect it to the internet

Acer EB490QK 49" 4K IPS Monitor

Attached: l_10175403_001.jpg (600x532, 13K)

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is a TV Mart Hahahaha Nigga Just Turn off Wifi Like Nigga Just block the mac address haha

they consume less power without the smart garbage and built in freeview

Jesus dumb tvs would really suit you you fucking brainlet

Buy the least expensive TV at Walmart.

You know you can just NOT give it internet access, right? Bought a roku smart TV on deep discount for my grandmother before she passed and it worked fine connecting to the set top box from her cable company via HDMI input and then I set that as the default input for when she turned on the TV so it wouldn't even go to the 'home screen' of the TV and confuse her. She didn't have internet at all in her home and it worked just fine. You won't get it cheaper by not having the capabilities, as smart TV is what's in demand so the supply is high with lots of competition, whereas no one wants dumb TVs anymore so they're a rarity, making them MORE expensive with less features.

Alternately, you can simply limit it through your router to allow it only to connect where you want it to by running Wireshark to glean where it's trying to phone home and blacklist those addresses so you can still use features like Kodi

get one of the cheap chink walmart tvs

people watch tv?

>2018
>needing tv
>Wtf

That's not guaranteed. It could connect to ISP's access points.

I want to browse Jow Forums from my Lazy boy, don't judge.

don't connect the ethernet cable

You know that outside of this board, literally everyone thinks you're retarded, right? Probably came in with spittle flying off your face, trying to glare at him with your lazy downs syndrome looking eyes, one looking at him, the other looking for him, screeching "Daaaaahhhhd WWHY YOO YOOSE TEEVEE FOR NEFFLICKS?!" and try as you might to articulate why that's "bad" and "botnet", his eyes just glaze over as he tunes out another of your sperg tantrums, wondering why he didn't let your mom abort you like she wanted to, and making a mental note to have your medications adjusted.

This, if you're making enough money to buy a TV you should move out on your own. If you're stilling living with parents by age 25 you're a shame, by age 30 you should genuinely contemplate suicide

Find one single verifiable instance where this has ever happened where a smart TV has connected to an unsecured hotspot owned by an ISP and used that connection to transmit user data. Go ahead. I'll wait. First of all, the ISP hotspots that are unsecured like in a condo building or apartment that says something like "Xfinity wifi" aren't just free, open wifi. You can't do shit with them unless you enter valid customer credentials. Secondly, smart TVs don't just start randomly connecting to shit without user intervention. The manufacturer assumes that you're not going to be some paranoid freetard if you're buying a damn smart TV in the first place, they assume you're going to want to use the features of the TV and do the initial setup where you give it access to your home network. If you don't want it "spying" on you, leave it offline or block the shit out of it with your router.

First thing I did when I got my first apartment an my family finally left and I had the apartment to myself, I peed in the sink because it felt naughty. And no one could tell me not to. >:)

Don't connect to the internet and stream via DLNA

install CRT monitor

No point in buying a modern TV if you're already assuming it's secretly going to connect to the internet.

Even a "dumb tv" may have some hidden hardware that allows it to connect to the internet and spy on you.

What data can you collect from TV?

i dont understand this

just dont connect it to your wifi or plug in a ethernet cable

wtf is so hard

Attached: Joey.png (800x600, 597K)

OP is autistic and lives with his parents.

a used 2009 bravia from craigslist

Please stop doing that.

Dont give the TV access to your router.

Vizio M series. It's a dumb TV with a built in Chromecast. Outside of the Smartcast input source it behaves exactly like a dumb TV.

Block the mac number.

>walmart.com/ip/55540605

>65 inch RCA 4K

$420

>walmart.com/ip/549172748
>49 inch JVC 4K

$250