/SQT/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Stupid question thread.
Ask your stupid questions here.

>Read
>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
Programming questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 12212323534533.gif (257x266, 383K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/
adblockplus.org/filter-cheatsheet#blocking3
s.4cdn.org/image/partyhat.gif
packettotal.com/app/analytics?id=d5dbfc3db83ae545c5e8591b3954bcec
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100008040 600006254 4093
youtube.com/watch?v=UrG7RTWIJak
youtube.com/watch?v=iIjMqz4Z5qY&t=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do I block something with uBlock only on a specific page? In this case I want to block

! 10/1/2018, 8:51:53 PM youtube.com/
www.youtube.com contents > .ytd-item-section-renderer.style-scope

But only on the homepage of Youtube.com and not any other youtube pages. Same with my password manager (Keefox/Keepass). I want it to only suggest typing in my password on the homepage of the site and not on any other pages.

Attached: 1510371999532.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

I'm having an issue with my Griffin PowerMate. Its software lets you give it global mappings and then alternate mappings for specified programs. It will behave normally for a few days but will then begin to lag unless the PC is rebooted. Just restarting the software and unplugging the device won't help. The only semi fix without rebooting is to check the global only setting, and strangely, even deleting all mappings apart from the global ones doesn't fix the lag. What might be causing this?

Attached: Powermate.jpg (753x300, 29K)

Any recommended cross-platform notebook applications? Something like Keynote NF but also for Linux. It's basically a notepad with tabs and spreadsheet support.

Hey Jow Forums im just a queer from /mu/.
How do I get rid of the hats?
I have AdBlockPlus if necessary.
Thank you for your response.

It'll be gone tomorrow, but if ya must, use the element picker. (Think AdBlockPlus has one of those.)

adblockplus.org/filter-cheatsheet#blocking3

Is there a way to tell from a video file what program it was made in? There's a graphic design company doing a short video ad for my business and I want to send them some assets and mockups for them to use but I want to make sure they can just import from Illustrator to whatever video program they're using (because they've shown themselves repeatedly to be retarded).

hey fag
add this to your filterlist
s.4cdn.org/image/partyhat.gif

Why the homoph... Nevermind.

Thank you fren
You my nigga

doesn't work

can you recommend a distro that is minimal as arch but somewhat functional like ubuntu? I mean, my perspective is that in systems like arch, you start with absolute basics and build your way up and on the other side is ubuntu that comes with everything preinstalled and forces you to use GUI versions of eveything. I feel like my dream distro is somewhere in between, i am willing & want to learn new stuff, comands, configs, but arch seems like too much todo to get the funtional system. Is there a middle ground?

please respond

>posted in the dead thread

God I’m being even more retarded than usual.
Concerning SSDs, do branded brackets work with all SSDs or the specific brand?

I wouldn't - Windows 10 only gets worse as it gets revised.

As I said in dedthread, they tend to be universal, as nearly all SSD's have screw mounts spaced the same.

What does not work? Post what you added to your filter list. Did you use CSS-selectors or XPath?

how do i become a powerfull hacker and get easy money

Thank you user.
Well, that’s all then. Tomorrow I’m buying an SSD, a bracket and a sata cable. If I do it I’ll be honestly surprised. I have zero confidence. The most technical thing I have done is swapping graphics cards when they were so shit they didn’t even need power...

I tried all possible combinations I could think of.
! 10/1/2018, 8:51:53 PM youtube.com/
www.youtube.com contents > .ytd-item-section-renderer.style-scope
With any brackets after and before either of the youtube urls did not work.

also, why are there hats?

Can someone please try to help me with this shit?

What is the best laptop I can buy for under 1200 I plan on using it for Cad work? If I get a good response I’ll upload a emberessing picture of somebody I know.

Sir, what is going on in this capture?
packettotal.com/app/analytics?id=d5dbfc3db83ae545c5e8591b3954bcec
I'm no wireshark guru.

I bought this internal hard drive as an impluse thinking it would fit in my laptop but doesnt.
It's a 160 Western digital.
It's all open also which is really shitty.

What can I even do with this thing at all?
I mean anything whatsoever...

Attached: IMG_20181001_163624813_BURST001.jpg (3264x2448, 1.92M)

>ytd-item-section-renderer
There are 41 matches for this type of element. What exactly do you want gone? And do you not want it to load at all, or just hide it?

>/SQT/
triggered

Store Digital Media

I don't even think I have any devices that can use this hard drive...MAYBE my t400
I'm depressed and dumb

looks unusual, perhaps a clumsy portscan on the local network aswell as some remote server. TCP requests chronologically sent to increasing port numbers. I dunno, I'm tired.

So I have two ddr4 ram sticks

they are identical in every way, same manufacturer, same frequency (mhz), the same series

but one is a 16gb and the other a 8 gb ram stick

I cannot replace one of them due circumstances, so my question is does it have any backdraw doing this, will I have a performance drop in games for example or other things

it is faster than just using one single channel right?

Attached: Capture2.png (1913x792, 1.61M)

My headphones accidentally got forcefully ejected from the headphone jack of my laptop, ever since I can only hear out of the left headphone and not the right. I know its the laptop's jack thats the issue since I tried plugging my headphones into my desktop, any idea how I can fix this?

As an alternative, is it possible to connect my iPhone to my windows laptop and connect headphones to my iPhone and play audio through there?

a usb to sata and maybe a nice enclosure will do

Ram size literally doesn't matter as long as it's the same type (ddr3 4 etc)
As far as putting it in the slots itself i would guess keep it on the same channel.

Jow Forums's birthday.

Actually, it might go running for 3 days, I can't recall how it works.

Explain MAC addresses to me. In what way is it actually a "physical" address? If I move my PC to another room does the MAC address change? What's the purpose of it?

Attached: 1538297499153.png (330x314, 62K)

hot do I block the birthday hat?

That would actually be kino.
Idk how to get an enclosure tho

RTMFT -

MAC address is the physical address assigned to your DEVICE as it was created

holy shit I just accidentally over 500 lines of code from the hard drive
I spent half an hour fucking with recovery programs before realizing Eclipse makes backups by itself
I almost shat myself

Attached: 1535882047765.jpg (600x928, 168K)

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100008040 600006254 4093

How do I get rid of the tiles in the start menu in Windows 10? Supposedly the latest update lets you do this

But what's the purpose of it when IP addresses exist? Is it for specifically tracking down one device for some reason?

thanks

Attached: 1531535524071.jpg (1273x1561, 875K)

Yes, so routers can ID devices and the like.

Take a look at layers 1,2 and 3

Some threads ago, I posted about me cleaning out my video card, which was a XTX Radeon R7 260X 2GB. I "upgraded" by taking the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB out of a different computer and putting it in this one. Well, the performance is just marginally better and I'm not very impressed at all. What is a decent 4GB card in the $200-$300 range?

Someone please help me

Search for "OSI model", MACs operate at Layer 2. Basically, we can use MAC addresses at a lower level than IPs. For example, you could have your DHCP server assign an IP to a certain MAC address, before that interface ever has an IP. Keep in mind that although each interface gets a MAC from its manufacturer, MACs can be spoofed quite easily, which has serious consequences when it comes to security.

Is aluminum heat sink better than copper?

Ya might check at or even as well, but I has no idear how to fix that which doesn't involve ripping the thing out and soldering in a new port, which may not really work for a laptop.

i hope you guys dont care if i answer questions here. im newish at tech stuff but taken a bunch of classes and hopefully im not wrong. i have like a year of exp or so

why do I have so many blocked requests?
kaspersky is there because Total Security

Attached: file.png (517x410, 35K)

use USB headphones

No, visa versa (though a lotta aluminum heat sinks have copper cores).

Is there a way to add a yandex button to the Saucenao page?
While on the topic of Saucenao, is there a way to have it link h-doujin/h-manga to exhentai or e-hentai link it does with pixiv images?

Attached: ade90500-b02d-40a9-8c6c-60c089fa60db.png (175x290, 45K)

I want to hide the front page of youtube when on the front page. I don't want to hide it when, for example, on a page like youtube/user/videos

That's not very many, actually. I'm over a million on this rig.

What topics do I need to study to be a game programmer and don't want to be my hand being hold like a baby?

>Algebra, trigonometry, calculus, linear algebra
>Physics
>Data structures and algorithms
>Optimization
>Computer graphics
>Operative system
>Networking

What else lads?

Element picker doesn't work on the hats.

I tried /mu/ already twice and no one answered
Looking into getting a 3.5mm to usb adapter

youtube.com/watch?v=UrG7RTWIJak

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

>3.5mm to usb adapter
sounds cumbersome as fuck, just have someone re-solder the jack

Fuck off and lurk more.

I dont have money to pay someone to re-solder it, this has happened before on laptops I have had and I just ditched them if I couldnt figure out a solution. For one laptop I literally had to make a mechanism to push down the jack which fixed it.

Ask them, retard. You're fucking paying them, figure out what you're paying for.

>can you recommend a distro that is minimal as arch but somewhat functional like ubuntu?
Been using ubuntu on 16GB disk for years now. How minimal are you trying to get?

i want to setup a lets encrypt certificate on a server where i don't have access to neither port 80 or 443. i'm using another port for all web traffic.

more specifically, i have several raspberry pi's running different services and one of them already runs a web server on the default ports. i want to run a specific web thing on another one and still use a SSL certificate. however certbot requires port 80 and 443 for validation.

is this possible at all with some other ACME client, or is this something that happens on their end, or is part of the specification?

Attached: s.jpg (540x370, 45K)

Is it still even possible to get a keylogger into a .app that somebody downloads through e-mail without their avg detecting it?

>3.5mm to usb adapter
The idea is you'd buy USB headphones.

Used business class Dell or Thinkpad with a Quadro GPU.

In C++ can I call a function that then calls the original function.
So an example would be:
int winner(x, y){
game();
}
int game(){
winner(x, y);
}
I know a different way to do this but the original idea was that the winner function could let you choose to rematch but if you lose you don't get the option and it resets your win record.

TLDR; can function 'b', that was called by function 'a', call function 'a' if it doesn't result in a infinite loop.

Then I meant usb to 3.5mm, rather not buy new headphones since that will cost more than 10 bucks for anything decent, 10 bucks I dont have but can spend 5-7 on an adapter

If I have the video cable shorter than audio (RCA), is that going to majorly change the performance?
Couldn't find an S-video cable of proper length.

Sorry man, I was sleeping and didn't make the OP.
Only have one Range pic left and lined up to use.
New artist?

MODS MODS MODS

>it is faster than just using one single channel right?
99% of people won't notice a difference between single and dual channel speeds.

Does any one know where to find a sharpness pattern like this one but in a svg format?

Attached: maxresdefault(4).jpg (1920x1080, 177K)

No - they have to get pretty darn long before you have to worry about signal degradation, and shorter sure ain't gonna hurt nuttin (so long as it reaches).

>forcefully ejected
explain

>I tried plugging my headphones into my desktop
both sides work?

It doesn't change. It's based on the manufacturer. Think of it as a SSN. You can move around, but you keep your SSN. An IP is like your street address.

Orico makes good, cheap, enclosures.

>Is aluminum heat sink better than copper?
Depends on the design.
As a 'sink' (when thinking about capacity it can hold' copper is better. It can store more heat.
Aluminum dissipates heat faster though.

yes but it's dumb
just make the winner function return true if rematch and false if not
then do
do {
game shit
} while (winner(x,y));

I swung my arm sideways I think reaching for something and knocked it out. When I used my headphones my my desktop both sides worked perfectly, I even tried my other laptop and it worked, but not with this laptop.

As long as it terminates eventually without force, I don’t see why not.

Is it an optimal design, probably not but it won’t matter much by the end of it.

What? I'm allowed to know.

Fuck off faggot.

Sounds like you damaged the 3.5mm jack on the laptop. Try opening up the laptop, see if you broke a solder joint or something.

I dont have any tools to open it up and I doubt theres any point to opening it since there is nothing I can do.

Well, the problem is the port on the laptop, not the headphones. Get a USB DAC.

Yeah I figured that which is why I am just going to get a usb adapter for the headphones

Fuck you, trying to steal someone's personal information.

I am addicte to clicking on recommendations in youtube. How do I make it so i cannot see any recommendations at all, and if I want to learn something, I youtube it and have zero distractions/temptations to add to the pile of tabs?
youtube.com/watch?v=iIjMqz4Z5qY&t=
Like this guy is doing but another method because his is outdated feels like.

What exactly is the point of setting up a VPN on a router? Would it protect my privacy while surfing? Is it just that the ISP could see what site I visit but not the content? Also wouldn't it still be my IP address logged on the sites I visit?

Nevermind, an extension remove recommendations did it for me. Now to figure out how to remove the sub box, I don't want that to be there either.

Or maybe he just wants to make sure he doesn't download a keylogger?

Alright niggas. I've a SNES classic. The output is an HDMI.

I was hoping to use my ~2009 iMac as a monitor for it, with the sound coming out the speakers. I have an HDMI/Mini display adapter.

is there anyway I can make that work? Or do I need a fucking capture card

Attached: SNES-Classic-Mini-821565.jpg (590x350, 46K)

Ip addresses are like your physical address.
Mac addresses are your social security number.
I need your IP address to find out where you are at.
I need your mac address to find out who is at that specific location.