Mkg

>tfw typing on cherry mx switches

Attached: fadesfd.jpg (640x480, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=153&size=1&led=&capmat=2&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-matt3o-mt3-susuwatari-custom-keycap-set?&mode=guest_open
massdrop.com/buy/jack-studio-sa-bee-custom-keycap-set?&mode=guest_open
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3971
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

good job

Hey if you wanna make a better thread go ahead I don't care

Attached: IMG_20180930_145021.jpg (4608x3456, 3.51M)

well at least it's a better pic then that tranys magicforce

>tfw typing on gateron linear switches

Attached: comfy-cat.jpg (524x700, 49K)

What laptop?

What's wrong with them?

they're rattly, light, and not all that tactile. Box switches are much better in every single possible way

Chromebook with Ubuntu on it

The trick is to buy Kailhua BOX Navy Switches. That way your hands actually hurt but in a good way.

Ordered this today, hope i won't regret shelling out 200 euroshekkels on it. Any of you have any experience with different sliders? Changing the sliders seems to be one of the more popular mods done to the fc660c next to lubing, silencing it and using BKE domes, but i don't know if it's done because the stock ones are shit or just to be able to use MX keycaps.

Attached: topreblack.png (1000x1000, 347K)

The stock ones are actually better then the aftermarket ones. Also I'd recommend you replace the stock controller with Hasu's plug and play one

>tfw typing

Attached: 1529874411718.png (387x290, 15K)

Tfw typing on box reds

Attached: IMG_1707.jpg (1803x1351, 379K)

That's the main thing i want to get. I'll see what other stuff i might need to do to it after i use it for a while, but i expect it to be a very solid board out of the box.
Maybe a second set of keycaps would be nice to have, but i doubt i can find any that are better than the stock doubleshot pbt ones.

>What are Mod-M switches?

>tfw typing on cherry mx Greens

get the fuck out and go lift some 5 pounders you nancy boy

Attached: 1477578089963.jpg (680x574, 47K)

Welp, I bought it. Hope the MX Silent Reds aren't too awful, considering I use box navies at home.

Attached: large_FC980MLEWPD_main.jpg (700x467, 33K)

that is a very nice looking keyboard user.
im not a memechanical cringeboard guy but would buy this

Attached: 1538303275860.jpg (708x847, 224K)

>Silent Reds
Couldn't stand them personally, too light and mushy for my taste. Hope they work out for you though.

tfw typing on blacks

Attached: 1518182741001.png (485x443, 24K)

It's unfortunate but it's part of being a wagie stuck in cagie. I might drop 110g springs in them sometime down the line if it's really that bad.

They offered silent reds but not the heavier silent blacks? That's shortsighted on their part.

tfw box dark yellow

Attached: butter.jpg (1024x690, 106K)

which silent switches r da best? looking for babbys first mechanical keyboard but hate the idea of them making sound. at least big sound, small would be ok

Depends on whether you want linear or tactile, and if you're okay with the Zeal Tax™.

the stock ones are PBT dye-sub

they're meme switches

Attached: official mkg switch guide.jpg (2499x2167, 679K)

>greens
>requiring you to lift
lol come back when you grow a pair

Attached: 1 pound of force.png (805x575, 50K)

Everything is a meme user.

lmao on not using BOX navy

I thought the new "made in Japan" ones had doubleshot PBT caps. Anyway, the caps themselves seem to be more solid than most of the widely available aftermarket caps out there. I haven't found any sets that have equal or better quality and pleasing looks (to me).

I guess I want linear cuz I game some but also program and write. I could get ducky shine 4 used for 60 or cheaper. It has mx blue switches. Is that good deal? Need to get into this scene first but most keyboards seem to be like 200euro and not gonna pay that much

oh and i dont need numpad but full sized without it what u call it :D

nope they're still dye-sub. you're probably thinking of the new MX leopolds

>I posted it again

If you want linear then check out these keyboards
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=153&size=1&led=&capmat=2&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off

I just got browns and like them more than reds or blues

gateron browns I hope. they're more tactile then MX browns while still having the same spring weight

Cherry browns

What are the best full size ducky's? I have a ducky mini with browns and like it and need a full size now
Was looking at maybe this, not sure though
Or other suggestions for around 130 or below?

Attached: Screenshot_20181001-190039_Chrome.jpg (715x1108, 186K)

how do I test my ergodox pcb without soldering anything to it.
other boards I would just plug it in and short the contacts with the keyboard tester but the ergodox doesn't have the controller or diodes in

Brown is the best switch by far.

It's a fucking keyboard, go with what looks the best to you. If you think there is a 'best', you should take a look at 'keyboard reviews' and you'll see how retarded that claim is.

I was wrong. I want the tactile ones. Will keep looking.. I saw matias quiet clicks and got interdasted in them. Are they any good? they are pretty costly tho. Also it's important that keyboard has >< on same button on left

If you want to test the PCB itself and not just the controller, you can either just go through all the traces with a DMM and check for continuity. Otherwise just put in the controller, program it, then short the pins for each switch.

I'm guessing there isn't a way to do it reasonably, but just wanted to check. it would need the diodes in to work. I'm guessing I could just short to the other end of the diode tho

>been using computers for over 15 years
>still can't type

Attached: sloth2.png (226x210, 109K)

That's not a keyboard switch though, is it? If it's not then it doesn't count, stick a fucking steel beam in there and boom you have a "20 kg switch" or something. Has to be specifically made for keyboards else it's cheating.

Matias QC is nicely tactile but they're pretty mushy. I guess all silent switches are, but Matias uses scratchy plastic amplifying the issue, plus the Alps double bump makes it even more noticeable.
It's by no means bad, but it's definitely suboptimal. I heard something about them fixing the scratchiness soon, but I have no idea when the new switches come out (or if they have already).

It is a keyboard switch. They were made in the 1970s and 80s for terminal keyboard. Unlike the IBM beamspring that was designed to emulate a typewriter, these were quiet linear switches

Attached: 799px-Bank_key_tronic_reed_switches.jpg (799x183, 29K)

Also to add due to their small design they were often placed as a secondary switch inside another switch so that if you wanted to execute high level commands you can just press the switch further down

the new retooled switches have already come out

mkg needs a death pact.

Who's in?

Attached: WITNESS ME.jpg (3200x2133, 2.22M)

you mean like a suicide pact?

Attached: glockpold.jpg (1000x566, 178K)

I dont understand this low profile case fad. A minimalist, normal case looks better and actually protects the switches in case of a fall.

BKE BKE BKE BKE Do it kiddo. Idk about the current ones but OG BKE keyboards are the nicest feeling switches out there :3

t. fatass who trips over fast food bags on the way to his chair

so got my leopold 980c in recently, its nice but the chassis is warped.
its totally unnoticeable while typing and if you extend the feet it no longer matters at all, but still.

are you sure it isn't your surface?

it just looks tacky. especially with mx switches. if someone made it with buckling spring/domes/topre it would look amazing.
sadly positive ;-;
i know some people witht he same issue, and its not a dealbreaker at all. but still.
personally i'm in love with topre now. can't go back to mx with these.

Just got home and the novellas arrived. Just waiting on my God damn Planck to get here so I can use them.

>mfw I hear someone begin to *CLANK CLANK CLANK*

Attached: file.png (225x225, 58K)

massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-matt3o-mt3-susuwatari-custom-keycap-set?&mode=guest_open
or
massdrop.com/buy/jack-studio-sa-bee-custom-keycap-set?&mode=guest_open
for my pok3r

>tfw brown cherry switches

Attached: 51OIRoxklRL.jpg (500x500, 47K)

MT3 profile > SA profile. t. someone that owns sets of both.

SA profile > MT3 profile . t. someone that owns sets of both.

Post yours, I'll post mine too :^)

Attached: IMG_20180926_161727.jpg (3100x1606, 838K)

Attached: IMG_20180704_174336.jpg (3026x1656, 1.19M)

Post yours, I'll post mine too :^)

Attached: my keyboard.jpg (1606x3100, 1.01M)

I really like that bee set, but I really have to get the base set and the planck set? I ain't spending more for keycaps than I did on the board. Jesus.

But user, it just adds to the experience.

I don't care, I bought it because it's hotswappable.

Are there ever drops for PBT caps with interesting colorways?

Depends on what you consider an interesting colorway. There's the ducky purple & pink set on assdrop right now.

>Budget
$130
>Location (continent at least)
United States
>Preferred switch type
I currently have MX Browns but I want something more tactile.
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
TKL or full
>Backlight
Preferably white or RGB but doesn't really matter that much to me. Not a deal breaker.
>Previous/current keyboards
I currently have a KUL ES-87 (pic related0

Attached: file.png (1032x579, 711K)

what a mad man he did it 76 times/again!

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3971 with MX Clears maybe? I found them to be pretty tactile.

Didn't even notice that. Unfortunately I don't like OEM profile and it doesn't have a 2u or 1u shift. But at least that means there will hopefully be other colorways.

Unfortunately it seems like most group buys these days just want GMK caps. Off the top of my head I can't think of a single group buy that's run yet that had thick, cherry profile PBT caps with an ergodox set for example. I can only hope the meme of overpriced ABS keycaps fades.

I'd buy the PBT DSA elven kit that up there right now but the purple is hideous.

Aren't most Ducky caps cherry profile? There were a few AkkoxDucky sets in interesting colors on fleabay.

Yea it's unfortunate. DSA being thin doesn't help either. I am kinda looking forward to pic related though.
Ducky caps are mostly OEM profile.

Attached: KAM wraith.jpg (1920x1080, 441K)

Yeah sorry, I just double checked and they're OEM.

Has anyone has luck with Matias ergo pro? I bought one and had to get four replacement halves after they all went shit. I stopped RMAing and just got a K Type, but I miss my split staggered layout with quiet switches. There are basically none out there.

They might not be exactly what you're looking for but there's the Kinesis Freestyle edge, (Available in reds and browns, both of which I've found to be relatively quiet) and the Quefrency from keeb.io which is a split 60% you could build with whatever switches you want.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been mulling over the Edge somewhat. I haven't heard of the latter one, though, I'll look into it.

A good PBT elven set that isn't retardedly hideous fucking when?

You mean like XDA elven?

>matt3o "hack" keycaps

Which one is that? If it's the cheap set that's on ali and whose profile I forgot, it qualifies as hideous because it's got dual legends. If it's something else then I'm interested even though I'd prefer a sculpted profile

>I'd prefer a sculpted profile
should've bought MT3 that ran earlier in the year then

Attached: KrSwkoFPtcK1MZ-zfvsp31ouMU7HzwReM5zAvOPvjcA.jpg (960x411, 64K)

Finally got my O-rings installed on the ergodox. Feels nice to have something at the bottom of these clears fuck. Double stacked em to shorten the travel too. Like it feels heretical but oh so fucking good.

That and I now have a dedicated Jow Forums button that inputs my pass token and pin so I don't need to dig it out on my shared work computer. Fucking A.

Dedicated Jow Forums button!

I love my ducky shine 5.
>Inb4 are gee bee sux
I usually just have it at white light.
Why would you design a keyboard after a speccy? They were known for their terrible membrane keyboards.

Will do if i find some. I will decide which ones after i use the stock domes for a while. Might get some silencers as well while I'm at it.

Cherry MXs aren’t bad, fuck yourself.

The only people who think rgb sucks are poorfags.

The original zx board itself might be shit but the color scheme is neat.