Post your networking boards

Post your networking boards.

Mine isn't finished yet. I'm still building the rest of the house and I'm waiting to organize the coaxial.

Attached: IMG_3845.jpg (3264x2448, 1.92M)

Attached: IMG_3843.jpg (3264x2448, 1.91M)

Attached: IMG_3844.jpg (3264x2448, 1.94M)

I also have this cool grounding coupling. I think its for grounding anyway. I ran CAT6A throughout my house during the rebuild.

I used female jacks on both ends and then utilized patch cables to go to the switch. It was a really fun, challenging, educational process.

Also the salesman got a giant commission on my CAT6A purchase. Gosh, I bought too much wire.

What Jow Forums related projects do you have going around the house?

Attached: IMG_4032.jpg (3264x2448, 2.32M)

Hey I have the same router

do you have 10 cameras?

I have 10 Ethernet jacks throughout me home

>netgear prostate

You bring home girls to that mess? HAHAHA

Cable management is my life now.

Attached: Attachment.jpg (2688x1512, 2.12M)

is there a benefit to having more than 1 ethernet jack in each major room?
I'm going to be wiring my house this winter, and I only have 6 rooms that need cabling, one for the internet, and one for the garage as an "extra", so I was just going to get an 8 port switch.

Should I go 16 and double up on each room, or can I just put a retail router in each room without much loss?

How many rooms do you want need to double up on? Personally, I think one port per bedroom makes sense, and larger rooms could have two ports on opposite sides of the room for convenience if you wanted. Using even a cheap switch in rooms with a bunch of devices should have virtually no impact unless you're using some 10/100 piece of shit from 15 years ago.

I'll be using Netgear R6250s with DD-WRT, so it'll probably be fine with one.

Gotcha. Wired speeds will be fine, but I imagine you just need to be careful picking your wifi channels, transmission power, etc to minimize any kind of interference.

what is that

PowerEdge R210 II running opnsense into a 48port 1GBe Tigerswitch stacked on each other on a cardboard box.

Attached: 20181002_051445.jpg (2048x1152, 655K)

Looks like it might be some kind of mining rig?

He bought into a ponzi-scheme.

A magic bean farm

I put three jacks behind my computer station. I'm using two currently, soon to be three.

And I have two jacks on the same wall as a TV spot. I'm just thinking of stuff like smart TV's, game consoles, servers.

Yes go big.

Playstation 4 supercomputer