What's the best cross platfrom GUI framework

What's the best framework + language to make a standard cross platform GUI application

>Qt + C++
Qt is well established and I really like C++ as a language, but the thing holding me back is that the tooling surrounding C++ is god awful. CMake is a terrible build script language and the total lack of dependency management leads most of the time being wasted on fighting the tooling rather than making the program. I want to use something productive.

>JavaFX + Java
JavaFX seems like a decent cross platform solution. The only issue is that I have to use Java, which reeks of corporatism and is just a downright boring language.

>.NET Core + AvaloniaUI
I much prefer the .NET ecosystem to the JVM once. C# imo is a much better language than Java and I can easily interface with F# code too, which as a language is a joy to code in. Avalonia seems like a solid choice but it's still in Beta, and I don't know if it's fully featured or stable enough yet to use in production

>Electron + JavaScript
lol

Attached: download.png (225x225, 1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

suckless.org/sucks/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Qt webview using language of choice (I like Common Lisp) + HTML/CSS (maybe library free JavaScript as needed). Made a couple things like this, wasn' t bad.

Lazarus / Free Pascal

Kotlin + TornadoFX
Haven't used the latter, but I love the former. If the only thing stopping you from using JavaFX is Java, then this may interest you. Also, you can use Qt with more than just C++, as there are bindings for Python too.

>CMake is a terrible build script language
fuck CMake, and fuck autotools even more. A plain fucking makefile is more usable than both.

Last I used TornadoFX was a couple months ago, but that shit threw reflection-related failures constantly. The idea is great but it's horribly executed.

>CMake
Try QMake, you're already using Qt anyways so it's not like it would be extra bloat.

>The only issue is that I have to use Java, which reeks of corporatism and is just a downright boring language.
meme reason

1. JavaFX (Java or Kotlin)
2. Electron (TypeScript)
3. Qt (C++ or Python)
4. AvaloniaUI (C#)

I've used all of them except AvaloniaUI, which is not production ready. It won't be at the level of maturity of the top 3 at least for a couple of years (or never).

>Qt + Conan + C++
This is what you want. You'll still have to make a CMakeLists.txt for each project, but there are already tons of Conan.io packages for libraries that are already out there, e.g. Bincrafters, which will make adding libraries to your projects a breeze.

Just write a different version for every OS.

cmake is very simple and works fine what are you on about user

Electron is the present and the future. QQ more

While is bait, there's some good in Electron. The issue is what it really is, a barebones browser. What we really need is a cross platform markup language for desktop applications.

>WPF
i said cross platform

Attached: aa_aa_aa_aa_aa_aa_aa.jpg (600x450, 173K)

meant to mention whoops

React Native
JavaScript

Windows
Mac
iOS
Android

The JVM offers a wide variety of languages to choose from.

Attached: Pirates-of-the-JVM-JAXenter-768x4245.png (768x4245, 3.62M)

Honestly ofc it depends on the project but gui on a browser is the best imo.
I do this for my personal projects but christ the lab i work at right now insists on using vc++.
Fucking makes me sick to my stomach everytime i work on it.

Qt + Python

Python is a bastard to package for Windows if e.g. you want QtWebEngine to work, and PyQt tends to infect pythonic code with Qt concepts like signals, QByteArrays and other such garbage. There's quamash for marrying signals with asyncio, but I never tested it.

Try using meson. Yes, it's from the GNOME people and didn't come out without a little brain damage, but overall it's the least bad C++ build system. Dependencies just work, the syntax is simple and easy, and the documentation is well above par for this class of software.

suckless.org/sucks/

WPF is meant to be a part of. NET Core 3