Every year they release a new version of this thing it just gets worse like an ugly hodgepodge of bloat and shit

Every year they release a new version of this thing it just gets worse like an ugly hodgepodge of bloat and shit.

Can Jow Forums recommend a better alternative? Dont mind non-free software.

Looking at Pixelmator. Is it any good?

Attached: 1200px-Adobe_Photoshop_CC_icon.svg.png (1200x1170, 12K)

There is literally no equally-functional alternative to photoshop.

Fpbp

Retards will say GIMP is comparable. It's not.

I'm using Photoshop CC 2015, so what you're saying is I shouldn't get a newer one?

It depends what you do. Theres enough programs to completely replace ps but no one wants to use that many. Gimp krita etc

Depends what you want to do. As shit as the interface is for Gimp, it can do everything I need it to do with enough effort.

Maybe Affinity Photo is good enough?

Could you elaborate just a little? I find this situation to be highly dependent on the use case and scope, and in many cases GIMP is equally comparable or sometimes rarely has tools that do the job better, but of course suffers from weak brush rendering, non-simplistic circle drawing, slow manipulation and rendering and bad edge detection as well as a poor colour rendering pallette. What else would you say it lacks objectively (barring UI) for a common user?

Affinity Photo. Literally the same in terms of functionality but less bloated and more modern.

Affinity Photo. Literally the same in terms of functionality but less bloated and more modern.

>Affinity Photo $50 (faster on mac, and performance does not scale evenly past 4 cores)
>Corel $399, or sub (ryzen owners have complained about Corel not optimizing for AMD)

no vector shit AFAIK

Pixelmator was great, back when I had it on my old itunes account. But it came out of beta and the price went up a bunch so I can't justify buying it again on my current account. But chances are it's going to be solid software. At the moment I'm sticking to GIMP (and tegaki).

Attached: tegaki.png (200x200, 4K)

In the same boat. Gimp is kinda broken and not comparable. Krita is nice for paint but not image manipulation. For RAWs and /p/. Rawtherapee is perfect The best candidates to dethrone Adobe are Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer

I commend Affinity Photo. OTP And its pretty nice. 50$ if I recall correctly.

I commend Affinity Photo. OTP And its pretty nice. 50$ if I recall correctly.

Just use an old version

Anyone remember paint shop pro?
They did the same as photoshop for a fraction of the price back in win98/xp times. What happened to them?

Then don't update you retard

I have cs5 and it werks fine. I dread the day it will be made incompatible with windows though

how's your Patreon going, faggot?

Bitch please... I use the first CC (14.0)

Unless you need it for professional work, why not just stick with CS6 or whatever is after that?

What about Affinity Photo?

Affinity.
It won't do everything photoshop can do, but it will do everything that 95% of the users use in photoshop.
It's also faster, less bloated and without a subscription payment. And the way layers and masks work is IMO a lot better than in PS.
cons: not all psds saved with the latest versions of Photoshop will open 100% correctly, so if yo often exchange source files with other people, you'd probably prefer PS. Also some 3rd party plugins won't work.

Attached: [email protected] (300x273, 48K)

>It's also faster, less bloated
I'd like to see some proof of this.

Attached: 1538415417922.jpg (747x218, 37K)

Still going on CS2 and I'm fine with it.

Jasc Paintshop Pro 9
I havent used anything else since 2011

Any proof that Affinity photos is faster than Photoshop?

Faster than PS, no. Affinity Photo is faster on Mac than it is on Windows though.

CS4 was peak photoshop
Fight me

hey guys I keep getting a pop up saying my Photoshop program isn't genuine

I uninstalled it and reinstalled and the same pop up came up a week later

do I need to reinstall Windows, then reinstall it or is there anything else I can do?

Attached: its-pat.jpg (667x1000, 57K)

>Can Jow Forums recommend a better alternative? Dont mind non-free software.
Use a third party content management like what comes free with Sony cameras, davinci resolve, and Corel photo-paint.

How dependant are photo softwares on GPU?

Depends. Even if the software makes use of GPU acceleration it doesn't mean that certain effects, or add one do.

>Add ons

GPU acceleration can't solve every problem.

affinity torrent where?

They have a free trial

I like my trials permanent

Might as well torrent PS, and the rest of Adobe.

mac torrents

Affinity is much, much, much faster than Photoshop on Mac at least. Never used Windows version of Affinity.

>on Mac at least
I'll take your word for it.

Worked with Photoshop since version 4 and started using Affinity Photo since the beta.
Photoshop has such a fucking heavy legacy that there's definitely code from the 90s in there still.
Affinity opens PSDs faster than Photoshop itself, but although true, that's just marketing speak. But after working with both you really start noticing how much PS chokes.
Pro Tip: Try doing a maximum Median operation on a huge image with both when working with a huge image.

I meant that I don't give a shit about Macs.
Can you do a comparison on Windows?

>Adobe jew subscription

I'm considering buying into Affinity. CC is cancer

>I meant that I don't give a shit about Macs.
i figured, just wanted to elaborate
>Can you do a comparison on Windows?
i don't own a single Windows machine

Look into Corel's software suite. Very polished alternatives, and flat fee is available.
>i don't own a single Windows machine
So... I guess that you really like rollerblading?

We need a blender of image manipulation.
Hell at this point it wouldn't surprise me if blender themselves decided to add the function.

I mainly use Photoshop for making/editing 3D model textures and simple graphic design stuff(I know I should use Illustrator but I'm to lazy to learn it).
Affinity Photo okay for that kind of stuff or is it mainly just for photography?

Just pirate cs3 if you don't need any of the new shit, that's what i did, anyway.

Affinity Photo is like Photoshop
Affinity Designer is like Illustrator
Affinity Publisher is (gonna be) like InDesign

>So... I guess that you really like rollerblading?
:D i get it xD le mac user is a gay man

doesn't Affinity have an Illustrator competitor anyway?

also on the subject, what's the best OTP competition of Max?

How can you use Photoshop and not Illustrator?

Attached: 0006.jpg (481x233, 66K)

>:D i get it xD le mac user is a gay man
Was I wrong though? Be honest pls.

>:D i get it xD le mac user is a gay man
fucking closet homosexual

I see. Though what is nice with Photoshop is that I can just use a single program. I want to stress that by graphic design I mean incredibly simple stuff, like boxes with text in them, game menus, that kind of stuff.

Not sure, but the few times I've tried to create something in it I've failed massively. My way of working in Photoshop is really fucking weird since I'm self taught and never bothered to learn how to do things properly.

Attached: warning.png (517x100, 24K)

Same way I can use GIMP and not inkscape?

Affinity is probably best PS alternative

the big advantage of illustrator/affinity Designer is it's vector instead of pixels, which means that your shit is infinity salable and would be useful for menu and UI design. The controls are almost the same as photoshop. It's worth learning and eventually you'll work primarily in illustrator and only use PS for touch ups

I know, but I generally keep my source quality far higher than I ever need it too so it's never been a problem so far.
It's more just one of those things I've never bothered to learn since I don't use it enough to ever feel like I'm being limited having not learned it.

GIMP is fine for more home users, but try to use it professionally and you'd be laughed out of any design studio/office.

GREEN IS MY PEPPER

Shut the fuck up

Nah Corel's photo-paint buttfucks affinity photo.

How about software that doesn't store image data as pixels or vectors but as the spacial FFT of your image, allowing you to stretch the image out infinitely and the software will fill in the blanks through the continuation of the inverse Fourier transform. Not sure if its lossless compression would be comparable to .png though. It would be particularly bad at compressing things that .gif is good at, stuff with smooth colour gradients, perhaps it would make for good desktop image generation/animation.

has anyone really made any photoshop vs affinity vs corel benchmarks?
really wanna see those numbers

I could only find PS vs affinity feature comparisons. No benchmarks with numbers, or anything though.
Some user should run all, and bench them.

> weak brush rendering
For drawing I heard that Krita has superior brush rendering than GIMP and Photoshop.

>FOSS
>anime/furry-style mascot
>pic related
Sign me the hell up!

Attached: team-photo-cropped-1024x494.jpg (1024x494, 112K)

they got bought out by corel and became a massive pile of shit.
I really enjoyed old paintshoppro.
it was peak comfy software

Attached: pained.jpg (1151x662, 203K)

Attached: 1538279835862.jpg (1417x875, 139K)

>Massive pile of shit
>Still better than Affinity Photo

I honestly haven't used it in years, I just remember trying it around 2013 and thinking it was complete fucking aids.

The harsh reality is GIMP fucking sucks and needs to be restarted from the ground up. Its nice they're getting big updates but the foundation is fucking shit.

Attached: 1378495141330.jpg (2048x1224, 645K)

yea of course lol, I would switch over the moment I need to do anything art related

>he thinks Krita is just for drawing