/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Stupid question thread.
Ask your stupid questions here.

>Read

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>Programming questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 01.jpg (418x418, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

crystalmark.info/
cheatengine.org/
megagames.com/trainers/final-fantasy-xv-23-trainer-fling
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/06/vpnfilter-malware-infecting-50000-devices-is-worse-than-we-thought/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What encoding is being used on this timestamp? It's from a PDF's metadata:

35E0C86923F1C36E2CCCDFAEA1F36EE128

D-does anyone know any good music editing software? If this is a dumb question please don't ban me

specify "music editing software". i think that Audacity is what you're looking for, dandere-chan

ableton

Search for 'site:find.Jow Forums.org' on google

Are these searches people actually made or did google make them up itself?

What is the different between USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports?

Using a 3.1 USB i get USB 2.0 speeds in the USB 3.0 port and 250MB/s in the USB 3.1 port.

Currently running winblows and I've gotten the urge togo back to linux and get my game back on with all the recent happenings, should i wait till this coc bullshit blows over? any distro recomendations? I used to dream of a qubes setup before i realised it was a tranny os, I've got experience with slackware and debian, minimalisation and control is what I'm after, I'm addicted to a jew game is gpu passthrough the best method?

coc is not relevant to you unless you are a developer.

>Using a 3.1 USB i get USB 2.0 speeds in the USB 3.0 port and 250MB/s in the USB 3.1 port.
need more info. 2.0 speeds on what? read? write?
is it a direct 3.1 device plugged into 3.0 port or maybe you're using a 2.0 hub/cable?

Also Steam has a way to run Windows games now.

>need more info. 2.0 speeds on what? read? write?
Both.
Connected directly in the back motherboard port.
Using another USB(Which works at 110MB/s) and a enclosure confirm the ports work at 3.0 speeds but only with this USB (Samsung bar Plus 3.1) any USB 3.0 port wont work faster than 35MB/s in both read/write, but when i connect it to a USB 3.1 port it works at 250MB/s without problems.

What’s the difference between computer science and software engineering? Then there’s apparently computer engineering too?

Extra: Which makes more money?

T-thank you anons

One is theory and the other is practice.
CE>=SE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CS

stop stuttering, b-baka...!

are you sure you're doing everything correctly? maybe the plug is the standard 2.0 version instead of wider 3.0 one?

It works correctly in the USB 3.1 port.
That is why im asking what is the difference exactly between them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CrystalDiskMark 5.2.1 x64 (C) 2007-2017 hiyohiyo
Crystal Dew World : crystalmark.info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* MB/s = 1,000,000 bytes/s [SATA/600 = 600,000,000 bytes/s]
* KB = 1000 bytes, KiB = 1024 bytes

Sequential Read (Q= 32,T= 1) : 221.161 MB/s
Sequential Write (Q= 32,T= 1) : 34.371 MB/s
Random Read 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 15.251 MB/s [ 3723.4 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 15.052 MB/s [ 3674.8 IOPS]
Sequential Read (T= 1) : 218.096 MB/s
Sequential Write (T= 1) : 35.025 MB/s
Random Read 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 13.889 MB/s [ 3390.9 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 15.047 MB/s [ 3673.6 IOPS]

Test : 1024 MiB [F: 0.0% (0.0/29.9 GiB)] (x5) [Interval=5 sec]
Date : 2018/10/02 17:07:16
Samsung Bar Plus USB 3.1 FAT32 in USB 3.1 port

But when i use it in a 3.0 port it works at 2.0 speeds.

>try to instal windows 7
>get this
so windows 7 doesnt have native support for USB3, but when i go to install there is no mouse so i cant get to the folder to get to the drivers, anyone know if i can browse files just using the keyboard?

Attached: drivers.jpg (780x311, 16K)

Dude you are supposed to add them to the installer before running it.

Download MSI Smart tools and use the add USB 3.0 drivers options
>My motherboard is not MSI
They are global, its just that like with MSI Afterburner is the easiest tool to use.

any good game programming courses in the uk?

oh, i was using a different tool that was pretty basic, thanks for the help

>programming in the UK
ISHYDDT lad

Attached: 1514230484411.png (634x354, 136K)

Also are you trying to install W7 to a Z370 or Ryzen motherboard?

Is thee a single fact to back up the claim that hiroshimoot tried to implement a cpu bitcoin miner earlier today?

I Should Hope You Don't Do That? Is that what it says in your shitty attempt to acronym?

>PC bluescreens on Windows 7 startup for no fucking reason
>Well it's the hard drive!
>Switch hard drive with one 100& working Win 7
>Still bluescreens
>Well try a live Mini Windows XP so I can make the backup before I format it
>Still bluescreens
>Well it's fucking RAM
>Switch RAM
>Still bluescreens
>Fuck it
>Test a Win10LTSB iso on a third Hard Drive
>Install perfectly and I can use Win10 fine.
WHY?

Why Gentoo?

>Can't ShiggyDiggy
Lurk more newfag!

well, quite a lot. starting from more pins and ending on different programs to encode/decode

Or you can just tell me and we can skip the part where you look like a faggot.

Be more specific about specs of the computer.
Also i hope you are aware you cant just take a drive from a PC to another and expect windows to work without reinstalling.

no its a really cheap intel motherboard in some shitty laptop

Based

Attached: 1507839327164.jpg (393x289, 31K)

That's the thing, the first hard drive was that PC's hard drive, I'll let the second slide but the first was the native disk.
The case says it has a Pentium inside but I doubt it. RAM is 2GB DDR3

Then MSI Smart tools add USB 3.0 drivers option is all you need.
I assume its a Broadwell or any other shitty Atom rebrand (N2XXX, N3XXX).

Be careful though, new laptops and Windows 7 don't really get along when it comes to Wifi drivers or Touchpad drivers.
There is always Windows 10 2016 LTSB with Defender, telemetry off and disabled forced updates if problems happen.

Or you can stop looking like a faggot and skip the part where I tell you.

Sweet backup underway, whats sytemd and what can i do about it?

Too dumb to spell out the whole sentence so you have to use an acronym, I see now just tell me what you meant retard, this is getting boring now

have any of you been accused of hiring discrimination?

asking for a friend

i just installed autohotkey and there's no tray icon. how do i make/reload scripts?

Going to clean the insides of my CRT, anything i should know beforehand?

Why?

There is more dust inside it than in my whole rug, it was from my first PC back in the 90s, so why not give it a clean since i plan to use it 10 years more?

Can I set transparency to Firefox in any way?

I downloaded some cheat engines for vidya today but didnt have the clarity until after to run malwarebytes. turns out i got riskware on my pc. already deleted them, but from the looks of it after doing dome research, the programs themselves arent dangerous but can be if used in tandem with other malware

ran the downloaded files through virustotal and got alot of positives for atleast one of them

cheatengine.org/
megagames.com/trainers/final-fantasy-xv-23-trainer-fling

first one had an assload of positives and jsut downloading the file but not running it gave me a pup

should i be safe now that i ran malwarebytes and deleted them, or should i do a system rollback to be safe?

Moron you better scrap your PC and internet router if you want to be sure there is no viruses.

Fucking don't. That's one of the very few electronic components that can straight up murder your ass. Never open up a CRT or PSU. Ever.

To be safe, I'd wipe the whole hard drive and start from scratch (sorry man).
Personally, I would just ditch Windows, but I'm not going to lecture you about OS choice.
I doubt that this malware was smart enough to transfer itself to his router. An HDD wipe will do the trick, 99% chance.

I would say
>router
>virus

But after a quick google search id be proven wrong. Damn.

Regardless this aint that dire of a situation faggot

Well normally that would be simple but seeing as my laptop doesnt have a disk tray not sure how id go about doing that.

I can use my old win8 flashdrive but then id have to reinstall the drivers and goddamn its gonna be a bitch. Cant i just do a rollback to previous state?

Lost my foobar installation, so before I go and re-download everything again,

Can anyone recommend a good music player on windows? A good interface is a must.

Thanks!

I have questionnaire to fill out and it's a pdf file. I have an x200 tablet running arch linux, so what i'm looking for is a program that will allow me essentially to draw on it and then save what I've 'handwritten'. What is the best program to accomplish this?
I'm looking at the archwiki right now, and it's listing me programs like inkscape, but as far as the description there goes, that will only allow me to select textfields and then type in text—I'd rather just write directly on my tablet if that's at all possible.
Krita doesn't work btw.

pic unrelated

Attached: 1522560630491.png (600x878, 106K)

4690k or GTX 970, which goes first

You could rollback, assuming the malware didn't change the previous state to include itself, I doubt that cheat engine malware is smart enough to do that though.

op won't deliver anymore aren't you sad

Attached: 1533818880358.png (512x512, 89K)

I just got a job at Amazon, and as part of the new hire orientation, I was given several of their products to "familiarize" myself with them. The Kindle tablet and e-reader I can wrap my head around, I get what those are for, but what exactly is the point of the "smart speaker" (Echo Dot) and their streaming stick (Fire Stick)? I didn't want to ask at the NHO, because starting off day one with "I don't know dick about any of your products" is probably not a good way to make a good first impression. I've obviously tried reading the product pages on Amazon.com, but those read like a sales pitch, when what I'd really like is a kind of "elevator pitch."

So what? Are you a tweaker or something? Don't open that shit, you're going to arc a cap.

Anyway to make sure? Or is it a shot in the dark unpess something actually happens. Going by this type of infection what could usually happen? Im guessing it compromises passwords/bank info

Even if i ground myself to my house ground rod?
I deliver.

Attached: IMG_20181002_180901.jpg (1944x2592, 2.57M)

Do it to make sure. I'm sure that it isn't competent enough to do anything past bloating your PC and relaying data back to some streetshitter across the globe.

Ill rollback obviously, what i meant was if theres anyway to make sure it hasnt compromised rollback states

That's about protecting your electronics. This is about not getting dead.

>Even if i ground myself to my house ground rod?
You're too dumb. Grounding yourself won't help, retard.

Now you see why im in /sqt/ and not in /diy/.

This is good enough i guess, all i used was canned air.
What could go wrong?

Attached: IMG_20181002_185816.jpg (2592x1944, 2.46M)

How do organize games between Steam, GOG and other, without just having a folder with shortcuts

since you've opened the CRT already, just make sure to completely isolate yourself. don't touch anything with your hands and you should be safe. best option is a vacuum cleaner with a plastic tube/handle

>just make sure to completely isolate yourself.
Shouldn't be an issue, I don't know anyone.

>just make sure to completely isolate yourself.
Done.

I have the ATH-WS1100IS which has interchangeable cables iirc. What type of cable would I need if I wanted to use them with a Scarlett 2i4 which has a 1/4 inch jack?

I am not sure. I would just say rollback and see what happens.

>even electricity avoid losers
but seriously, a pair of gloves will do the trick. in case where you feel the need to put your finger in between things for whatever reason

So what the fuck happened last night and this morning?

Attached: 1448135446055 2.jpg (673x594, 124K)

Any good anime apps for iOS
Would like to sit in my bed and watch without using stupid browser

Last night, I was going to have a wank, then didn't. Then I came to the realization that even I wouldn't have sex with me. This morning I tried making toast before work, then almost burned the house down because the push lever got stuck.

Can someone tl;dr SSL? I have a django website deployed on an AWS VPS. What does SSL do and why do I need it?

Well cleaning it was worth it.
It can fucking degauss now, also settings for whatever reason save now instead resetting every time i enter the setting menu.

TRADE-IN TRECHARY!!THIS IS NO LESS THAN HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!!

Tried to trade in my MacBook Pro at Best Buy. I mentioned I wanted to trade it in because the computer won’t stay charged unless the battery is plugged in. They said that, due to some scratches and the little black bibs on the bottom were missing, that they could only give me $87. My brother turned his MacBook in only about 7 months ago and got $470 and it was in similar condition. What in the absolute fuck! Any one of you know how I can get more money for my piece of shit computer. Also remind me to never, EVER buy another apple product.

Attached: 633D2D86-EF56-488E-B1FC-AD8EFF6CB3B9.jpg (800x600, 54K)

That is what macbooks are worth, im not kidding.
1st because niggers sell stolen ones at that way too often.
2nd because nobody wants to buy a used macbook since it removes the whole point of having one, bragging rights even when you cant afford one.

Is there a reliable and elegant way to loop in python?, i just want my script to start the initial input again

Can I use a Linux host with VT-d/AMD's equivalent to pass through an old Win XP/98 compatible GPU to play old games without having to do a full retro build?

Hey Jow Forums, hoping someone can help me out. I can't get my internet to work, but here's the kicker. I know its connected. Basically if I try to bring up a webpage, I get told I'm not connected to the internet, but I can chat with a live representative about my internet, over the internet. I don't understand. My computer can clearly connect to something as I can chat with someone. But I can't access any web pages or anything. I have a tech coming out to look at everything tomorrow, I just don't know what they're going to find. Everything from the cables to the router is working. I can see I'm clearly connected somehow.

Fucking damn it. I couldn’t even play a good number of games on steam.

Start Menu -> type: command -> right click, run as admin.
In command prompt, type "ipconfig" (no quotes), report your IPv4 address under Ethernet adapter

There's too much of a difference between the Pentium Gold g5400 and the i3-8100? At least on a casual level, most of the time I'm just watching movies and playing old games

Attached: 862e0af1-dff8-4c63-99c7-4a3af10d5ebf.png (540x158, 60K)

Buy a Ryzen 2200G.

Is there a way to send a 3D printer commands over wifi so I can leave it in a room without a computer?

I remember finding a guide a while back on how to assign a key in LibreOffice to act as an accented character toggle, but for the life of me I can't find it now. How the hell do you do it?

The way I had it set up was that I could hit Scroll Lock then the accent I want (' or ~ for instance) and then the character to accent, and it'd input the accented character instead.

Was browsing and saw that one faggot that got malware because of vidya

Niggas retarded but holy shit router viruses are a thing? How? Ive had a second pc for the longest time that i use as my quarantine device to fuck around with anything shady. No personal info on it. I thought i was safe, but holy shit some faggot can infect my router too? How does that even happen and how do i avoid it

Are there any good media players for Roku besides their internal one? I'd like to be able to watch Anime on my television without hooking my whole laptop up to the thing, but Roku's media player doesn't support .ass subs and I can only get subtitles if I used closed captioning which looks like ass.

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/06/vpnfilter-malware-infecting-50000-devices-is-worse-than-we-thought/

Went ahead and just did a factory restore but that has its own issues.

Turns out factory restore was a setting in the recovery options so i did it. Pc got bricked tho since the recovery files where fucked too apparently. Had to contact the manufacturer tech support and got a file to restore with a usb in uefi. At this point should be fine but i have to wonder how the fuck a built in factory default works if its in the pc itself. Unless theres a secondary memory storage specifically for recovery that doesnt interact with my hdd/ssd at all id imagine even a recovery like this would still be compromised.

How can I change the emoji style on Gboard. Thanks.

Using Firefox, YouTube doesn't seem to work if I modify my useragent to Chrome 68. How can I fix that other than turning the useragent back?

Holy shit. This was from 4 months ago how the fuck didnt i hear about it what do Jow Forums im scared

I got a dedicated server recently w/ Ubuntu 16.04 on it. It has 2 drives, and they came pre-configured in RAID 1. How can I break the RAID array and use them as separate drives? Bonus points if I can change it to RAID 0 somehow.

Hard resent router, update to latest firmware, hope it's not susceptible. If it is then your options are get a new router or install custom firmware.

i had a phone interview, video interview, and an in office 2.5hr series of interview over the past 2 weeks. having a follow up phone conversation with hr tomorrow. how do these conversations usually go?

are there any good free tiling window managers for Windows?

Why are people talking about windows LTSB? What benefits does it have over regular windows

My GPU gets a bit noisy for graphically intense games but all the monitoring devices say it's okay. Should I be worried?