The last thread is frozen

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics card pairing.
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.
>For Win7 in Ryzen, refer to pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1 (embed)

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>Wait for 9700k - Almost surely best for 1080p gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than current GPUs. Just a marketing gimmick to rip off idiots
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 for lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 1203622889390.jpg (500x500, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/promotions/nepro/18-2886/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cases: Carbide air 740 or Cosmos C700P? It's for a quad-gpu setup.

I have 2 open ram slots, if I want to bump up to 8 more gigs of ram should I get 2 sticks of 4 gigs or just 1 stick of 8 gig to leave some room? Does duel channeling even matter these days?

Is there something like msi win 7 smart tool for asus motherboards?

>install two brand new fan intakes and plug into mobo, two separate ports
>only one of them spins
>switch cables, turns out one port is kill
what can I do about this besides getting a new mobo?

What's a good cheap keyboard? Usage is gaming and web browsing.

Can I make a newegg business account without a buisness? PC part picker has it in its system as a seller.

Attached: 1536042752681.png (635x590, 516K)

Man maglev fans are utter shit. They make such a loud whistle when theyre ramping up and are insanely loud under load

I have a few 5V led strips but my motherboard only supports l2V strips. When i plug them in theyre super bright and only a few of the leds work. Short of buying a hue are their any cheap options to make it work?

no, the registration requires a company name

you could probably put fake info but I can't guarantee that would work

Yeah, msi win 7 smart tool.

It's so fucking annoying to see a low price on pcpartpicker only to have it be newegg buisness. Oh well.

their products are also meant to be bought in bulk, so odds are you'd be paying shipping costs out the ass anyway

>tuning 390x Wattman profile with Furmark
>always thermal throttles, fresh paste
>32c room anyway, go for stability
>960mhz and lower only needs 900mV (Wattman won't let you set it lower)
>FPS never moved away from ~77fps anyway
Have I been had?

Attached: 1536019942950.png (379x205, 19K)

I want to upgrade my monitor to a 144Hz and upgrade GPU.

Should I buy a Vega 56 + 1080p144Hz FreeSync or 1070ti + 1080p144Hz g-sync?

Attached: speccy.png (753x542, 36K)

My brother wants a computer.
Budget 800. I have a 750ti I can give him that should work great still and he's got a mouse and screen.

So basically, what CPU should I go for? He wants to do gay men with it and I want it to be upgradeable when he eventually wants something other than a lightly used 750 in this day and age.

I dunno anything about the 8600, or why it's cheaper than a 4690k. I'm rockin a 4690k and it's been gr8, though it's more expensive and older so is the newer stuff, uh, better? And the 4690k is more expensive cause it's out of production? Or what?

Also is RAM still ungodly expensive or has it gone down again?

Attached: Capture.png (852x441, 35K)

Looking to get some DDR4 RAM, upgrading to 32GB (2x16GB) from my current 2x8GB setup. Rig is X470 with AMD 2700x.

Is 3600MHz at CL19 really all that bad? I've gathered that it will be Hynix rather than the secret sauce Sammy B-Die or whatever that I have atm, but does that really matter? I'm looking at a 3600/CL19 set that is ~$280, but the 4000MHz set with the same timings is all the way up to around $470.

I'm on 4266/CL19 right now, and I'm not too happy about having to take such a big hit to the rated frequency. But it's really hard to justify such a huge price bump.

Am I on the right track here as far as prices go? What's a good option for me?

Fan controller.

If you want to hit your rated frequency, get RAM that uses B dies. It’s that simple.

a ryzen 2600 is way better value

I see people are still shilling for AMD. However, I'm still hesistant to actually get AMD.

Either way noted.

Attached: azhhafq.jpg (600x600, 60K)

Yeah seriously. Plus you have an _Ivy_ Bridge in that list ffs. Why would you sort by rating?

>I want it to be upgradeable
Then go AMD. Intel's SOP is one-and-done mobos/chipsets. But if you want Intel then the 8600k is good for gaming. 6 threads is enough for most games, those all being physical cores helps a lot, and the price is pretty good. We'll see just how stable Intel's prices are pretty soon though, especially on 14nm.

out of those I'd pick the 8600k, no reason not to get two extra cores for nearly the same tdp, especially for cheaper. the 4690k is probably more expensive because of supply/demand bullshit tho

ram prices still high but they were worse

You can change a graphics card out, that's what I mean by upgradeable. As in, I don't want a shitty weaksauce i3 or equivalents.

Is AOC g2460vq6 a good pairing for rx 580? I don't want to spend too much.

Attached: 1535091760561.jpg (507x511, 70K)

What are some good keyboards and mouses?
I'm looking to something under $100

Buy a cable that splits in two, idiot.

Is water cooling still patrician?

If you've got infinite money and are not planning on using HDR, go with Nvidia.

I would go Vega + FreeSync, personally. No reason to pay double the price on your monitor because of licensing bullshit from Nvidia. Prices are starting to come down a bit on GPUs by now, too.

What are the white balls on sticks in that picture?

Why are only AMD CPUs shilled here?

You impress me, in a way.

How so?

better price/performance

>white balls on sticks

I'm not poor tho

then you don't need help selecting parts

Yeah go look for a fight elsewhere please.

It's just one guy. Multi-reply kun

I'm really leaning towards that, but I'm worried about how long the Vega 56 will last me.

How else would you describe what the cartoon character is holding?

3600 MHz/18 CAS or 3200 MHz/16 CAS

I’ve been told it won’t matter with an intel cpu since their effective latency is the same (10 ns). Is that true?

Forgot to say, it's a 75hz 1ms monitor, I'll use it for gaymen and eventual drawing.

Thanks in advance.

Attached: 1537892981905.jpg (634x808, 110K)

In a way that doesn't signal I'm retarded.
As what it really is.
As what the whole picture and thread indicate what it is.

I got a free 8086k and I'm due for an upgrade, so I'm building a build around it.

Are there any respectable ITX/mATX mobos that'll overclock at 5ghz? I'll be using a 1050 Ti (I'm not a gaymer)

Attached: 6zzaDUq.jpg (960x1280, 170K)

Do CAS timings actually matter for ryzen/threadripper because I found some 3200 Mhz at CAS 16. and some 3600 Mhz at CAS 19. however the CAS 19 is 300 bucks cheaper then the 16. So I'm wondering if the cheaper ram will be better.

>R7 2700
>Vega 56
>Freesync 1440p 144Hz dual monitors

Gucci?

It's the model on the right, but in white

The context should tell, though

Attached: Leques-japoneses-Ogi-e-uchiwa.jpg (500x200, 19K)

I know what the picture represents. A CPU getting smashed and keeping cool.
But what are the white balls on sticks? Cotton buds?

Thoughts on this chink shit ?

It's 70 less than the 860 evo

Attached: Screenshot_20181002-051626.png (720x1440, 255K)

>white balls on sticks

You ruined it. I was having fun, and you broke my toy.

I'm not sure about the US but in the UK you can just say whatever company you want they don't check

It's just as fascinating as it is painful, sorry

I'm upgrading to a RX 580 Nitro+ and Ryzen 2600 soon and I'm wondering if I should I upgrade my mobo as well or could I stick with it for a while longer? The motherboard I'm using is A B350 PC Mate.

Last question, special edition or regular?

Attached: 1538190488367.jpg (680x838, 201K)

What would you do differently and why?

Attached: Capture.png (787x566, 42K)

> Playing with fire when it comes to storage

lmfao

How fast will this die?

Attached: Capture.png (856x49, 5K)

Hi Thanks, I see what you mean now. But the way that they are drawn still makes them look like white balls on sticks.
Maybe its my eyes. I am approaching 50 yo

Me again, also what is the character's other hand doing?

Very slowly. Like any other quality hard drive.

How quality can a $45 HDD be?

Will i get good speeds with a 2x8gb kit @ 3200mhz cl16 on x470 or is it better to get one that is 3000mhz cl15?

AMD won't last two years at this rate.

Attached: 1538531310995.png (659x430, 61K)

It's a WD caviar blue, it's good. Doesn't need to be expensive.

So why should I purchase AMD again?

>7.6%
what the heck is going on?

Attached: Screenshot_20181003-033052_1.png (720x1011, 362K)

specul8ors gonna specul8

>dual
Current amd has a hard time running ONE monitor at those settings. You can certainly fuck around on your desktop with two, but don't expect to game on both.

I like how the crotch on Escape Sanders is censored.

Cut the PSU down to 600 for efficiency, ditch the meme cooling for a noctua, and get a GPU that isn't wildly underpowered for your build, although I'm assuming you've built with something other than gaming in mind as your primary objective.

Any chance we get deals on Vega cards during Newegg's AMD Gametober event?

newegg.com/promotions/nepro/18-2886/index.html

Welp, I saw someone selling this actually. What are some things to look out for? I'm not sure how safe I feel buying second hand cards and he's a 2 hour drive away. This is $CAD btw.

Attached: v56.png (792x1127, 543K)

Is the XFX GTS 580 any good? Is it comparable to nitro ones?

Wait, so theyre promising something six months from now. And in response people are dumpinh AMD stock NOW?

It's calling being priced in. People anticipate other people selling so they sell first.

Is it possible to switch between two gpus being used? Say you have a high end and low end one. Both are plugged in. High end will be used for demanding games and low end for browsing/videos. Or will i have switch display cables every time i want to do this?

Man, have prices gone up in the last month or so? I bought that same GPU a month ago on eBay for $360 and even then I though I overpaid.
If you're going to meet someone, get someone else to go with you and meet in a public place like McDonald's or somewhere where there's a lot of lights and people.

Is the Ripjaws V Series 3200mhz actually good for Ryzen CPUs? I'm seeing mixed comments in the reviews. Some say it's fine, others say you need a bios update and it's fine, others say they can only get 2933mhz. Anyone have this memory with a Ryzen set up?

In Canada? Also how has your experience with it been?

I meant like is there any way to safely verify that's actually the GPU I'm buying and not some old card flashed or something? Feels like a big gamble desu. At least with eBay you have some security.

Depends on your motherboard if it suppports it. Iirc x470 and b450 have better support and i think the minimum speed is 2933 most mbs support. You'll have to check online but b-die ram has a better chance (3200 cl 14)

Yeah, I figured. I'm getting the B450M Mortar with it. Hopefully it's ok.

My card was a recent RMA replacement and been treating me well so far. I've only met a few people off Craigslist for other things and they've been good experiences. I guess you can ask the guy to send you pics of the card and the box/receipt with a timestamp.

I mostly want the smoothness of 144Hz with dual monitors. I'm not planning on playing a game on both monitors.

Do cases with room for side mounted fans actually help with temps or is it all a load of bullshit?

side intake help reduce gpu and vrm temps

Don't see how more cool airflow, especially directly to your gpu, wouldn't help.

I don't even have a fan on it and it still significantly reduces gpu temps.
Some cases put the vent on the back panel next to the pci slots though, should work about the same.

So, are mITX & mATX motherboards mainly for people who want to build small rigs to carry to LAN parties or for whom space is a premium? I mean, if you have a choice between a full ATX board and one of the smaller form factors, why would you go for one over the other?

I've been meaning to replace my shit Versa H15 with a Corsair 200R since cable management in the H15 is a near disaster and my GPU is sort of cramped inside which increases its temps. How'd a 200R be compared to an H15?

mATX is the sweet spot for form factors, most higher end hardware can fit inside of a mATX case with no issues at all while not taking up nearly as much space as a full sized ATX though a full sized ATX case would be a better idea if you're slapping just about every part you can think of inside. mITX is ideal for lan parties and for taking up the least amount of space possible but mATX doesn't take up too much space either, it's just not ideal for lan parties.

Are WD Blue SSD's any good or would I be better off getting an 860 evo?

I've kind of been out of the loop on some of the new stuff to come out in the last few years since I built my PC five years ago but what brands of motherboard are considered good and which ones should I steer clear of? I've been trying to put a new build together on pcpartpicker but I haven't got a damned clue what I should be looking for as far as parts.

My gpu usage while in idle, is this normal? Temps are very low (normal) fans are not starting but memory spikes to 2100mhz

Attached: 20181003_071905.jpg (4032x3024, 3.87M)

>Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P r2
>FX-4130
>12 GB PC3-10700 (2x2gb) /PC3-12800 (2x4gb)
>GTX 1050 2GB
>Intel SSD (OS/games)/500GB HDD (storage)

I really want to upgrade my computer, but I got some faggots telling me that it isn't worth upgrading. They are telling me that even if I upgraded my processor to FX-8730, I won't see any performance gains. They also told me that even if I got a new GPU like 8GB RX 500 series I would just get bottlenecked by my CPU. I built this computer around 2013 and I don't feel like it is time to replace it yet. What do you guys think?

Burn everything except for the SSD and build a Ryzen system.

Would it be worth it to get a better GPU and use that now while I gather the other parts for a new machine?

I figured if I'm going to be overclocking then water cooling would be better/safer?

Yeah, you're right. I don't play games so the 1050 Ti is more than enough for my needs.And I already have it

They're not correct, if you upgraded your CPU and GPU you'd definitely get an improvement in framerates and frametimes especially at higher resolutions.
However even the best FX CPU will bottleneck a 580 at 1080p.
You've got a balanced build and that means no single upgrade will improve performance, in games at least.