What's the best way to hook a modern PC up to an old CRT television?

What's the best way to hook a modern PC up to an old CRT television?

Attached: SonyKV27S10.jpg (1280x960, 609K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SAS19C1otCQ&t=306s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

VGA to RCA

There did used to exist VGA -> NTSC converters, but the results aren't very pretty or usable and you're limited to 640x480.

480p is just about the maximum a CRT TV can display anyway, if you go higher than that it's all blurry

i use a HDMI > composite RCA

*sip*

s-video out

most TVs only do 480i or 240p unless it's an HD CRT

the way we did it back in the day was to use a video card with an s-video port. so maybe the answer is to put an old video card in your modern PC.

if you have an ati card and the tube supports RGB you can use CRT Emdriver drivers for 15Khz. Else use soft15khz.

If the TV has component you can use a RGB to YPbPpr converter like the shinybow.

Or you could by some shitty thing like the jrok for svideo/composite. Or make your own with a something like a Sony CXA1645 encoder.

Can make an adapter from VGA to SCART easy enough.

Are you trying to play /vr/ or use it as a terminal?

These are like $13 on ebay.

Attached: vgatocomposite.jpg (1400x1400, 107K)

Converters add input lag. They're fine for watching video but the lag sucks for video games.

I have one of these and didn't notice any input lag its probably less than 15ms if there is any.

That's because it's analog to analog conversion. Nowhere near as much lag as digital to analog or vice-versa.

it must be at least one frame right? that's 33ms on a TV

just find a crt vga monitor from some old guy on your local listing lol

i think one of the biggest issues is your video card wont be able to output any decent picture to it if even able to so might have to also get an old video card/computer

If its an analog conversion there should be no input lag and if it was off by one frame your looking at ~17ms if a 60hz signal

I heard some people got it working with Nvidia custom resolution utility. Analog output is only available up to the GTX 900 series.

You should try the CRT General on /vr/ to be honest.

I remember me playing WoW in a 29" crt tv ten years ago, I miss those days

Attached: 1442438498782.gif (640x360, 1.14M)

Strip the end of a vga and make your own rca cable

That's not how it works. VGA is progressive scan and composite video is interlaced.

I remember back in 2008 I had a massive 50ft s-video/audio cable that went from upstairs to the CRT in the living room. Everyone was always like, whoooa user that is soo cool

>WoW

Attached: blueboard.png (448x538, 16K)

Just take the positive of the progressive scan wire and connect it to the composite output and dont use the negative. Bingo bango bongo

>s-video
I had my gamecube connected to the VCR which was then connected the RF out to the cable jack. Had my CRT in the bedroom connected to another cable jack with wavebirds at the ready.

Covert the signal and transmit it via RF and pick up the image by aerial. This is the only acceptable way.

Ignore the fact this is Fortshite, it's an interesting vid. youtube.com/watch?v=SAS19C1otCQ&t=306s

S video was always shit

Attached: 1491173713102.jpg (1536x2048, 464K)

At least it's better than RF or

>All this RF and Comp talk
SCART U THINK TWATS!

Find an older PCIE video card with s-video in addition to DVI.

>pcie
>s-video
That exists?

Does she have fetal alcohol syndrome

That's called slav gene syndrome my friend.

ATI/AMD 46XX maybe later.

that chick looks familiar

Antifafu

>soft15khz
my gtx 960 supports 320x240 15khz natively
dvi-i->vga->extron 160i->bnc->pvm

>pvm wasted on that pissy resolution

Not long now lads!

stick your cock in it

That's useless, those old things use coax.

>>extron 160i
For what reason? Once you've got VGA you've effectively got BNC without any converters.

>What's the best way to hook a modern PC up to an old CRT television?
I'm assuming your TV is a 240p/480i only set. If so, you will either need to install a graphics card that you can run CRT_EmuDriver off of, or build a scaler + scan converter setup such as an Extron VSC 500 + 203 Rxi.

Your life will be a lot easier if you just use a VGA CRT like a normal PC user circa 1998.