/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: bra headphones hosoi_mieko pantsu undressing.jpg (2067x2923, 2.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aTpNXu9iZo0
tomshardware.com/reviews/high-end-pc-audio,3733-19.html
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138299
youtube.com/watch?v=5NtJodWOz4M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: Beyercucks.png (649x518, 123K)

I wish I had a gf like that.

Do not recommend this, extremely difficult to take off clothes while wearing a headphone. On that note, are gaming headphones a meme?

*sips*
It's comfy

Attached: 1538524468364[1].jpg (3000x2593, 1.13M)

shouldn't the cable be visible on the mirror?

lmao can you post more funny headphone releated pics guys? xD

Shut the fuck up

This is what the average beyercuck looks like.

Attached: avgbeyerfag.jpg (1600x900, 221K)

anyone know what the Sony h.ear on 2s are like? they're available on amazon for £90 less than the XM2s

listen to this on your DTs, user
youtube.com/watch?v=aTpNXu9iZo0

>t. sennhaiser owner

Attached: 1520739179497.jpg (400x400, 109K)

I have a DT150 and they have perfect treble

probably because they're 50 years old

boomer

we are too late, your have hearing damage, thanks to beyerdynamics

Pajeet...

Attached: fox and the sourheisers.png (640x918, 83K)

Where would one look for black friday deals for headphones?

Bought massdrop sennhooser 58x. Did i fuck up

no

Attached: hd 58x vs 660s.png (663x441, 40K)

i have 650 too, 150 are MUCH better without eq
990 were better too as long as you are not listening to something like sax
also 990 scored much higher than 650 in harman tests

I heard zeo talk about this as well. Nice.

Proof? Anyway the treble and bass boost of the 990 probably gives the same effect as increased volume so it affects the perception of enjoyment. If you put two calibrated TVs next to each other but boost the saturation of one. People will almost always pick the saturated one. Luckily, I'm not one of those people.

Attached: dt990-250-fr.png (614x380, 33K)

>that treble

Attached: disgust.gif (240x228, 861K)

trained listeners prefered 990 too

If you want an amp later get the Magni3 or O2 1x/3.3x and skip the DAC.
tomshardware.com/reviews/high-end-pc-audio,3733-19.html

Now unsub from Zeos and never come anywhere near any audiophile community for at least 2 years unless you want G.A.S. and just enjoy your purchase.

>"Research by Dr. Sean Olive [1] and other audio scientists, has shown there are enormous benefits in training listeners. First, trained listeners give more discriminating and reliable sound quality ratings than untrained listeners, yet their overall sound quality preferences are very similar to those of untrained trained listeners."
>"...yet their overall sound quality preferences are very similar to those of untrained trained listeners."
lol

Thanks guys, not really looking for in ear or open back stuff, just solid standard monitor over ear ones for lurking sessions

The ones from monoprice look good for that budget, does anyone know if they sell a model that has between 10hz-17khz responce range and at least 40mm driver unit?

I assume impedance and sensitivity aren't as important for the way they play sound? I've been using the same pair for a while and am looking for a comfy new one with spacious and good overall design

Attached: 1497578746333.jpg (720x960, 109K)

right, 990 are objectively better headphones than 650

Nothing can be objectively better...

Attached: 1536484704121.jpg (365x550, 81K)

whatever loser, enoy your shitphones

Yes, it can be measured, therefore it *is* objective.
Ever heard of frequency response curves?
Educate yourself.

says the guy with treble rape shitphones

lol you are so angry you already forgot I said I don't own 990 anymore, I use eq'd shitphones

Loudness compensation is used to make things sound more neutral at lower spl, in which the ears don't perceive the low or high end so well. Since we are talking about listening at safe pressure levels it's fair to assume some compensation will be required as actual neutral would sound like only mids with no treble or bass. You can pick Harmann or any target curve to try and find your ideal loudness compensation, the important part to remember though is that it should sound good to you, not just look good on measurements, the whole point of compensations is making everything sound hearable so you like what you hear. Which seems to be what both Senn and Beyer try to achieve, while also making sure their own sound unique enough that the costumer have different reasons to pick one or another.
Just my two cents.

literally my first reply to you

Exactly. That.

Attached: winternet.jpg (680x575, 48K)

find a better excuse

Don't worry, I will.

Attached: hd600goldface.png (633x874, 259K)

Just bought pic related.
What's a good DAc/amp combo for them? My budget is $300.

Attached: r89yaskjagn3xz60wsbp.jpg (1600x900, 126K)

You don't need any of that shit unless your source is utter garbage. HD6xx are piss easy to drive.

Massdrop O2 + SDAC DAC/Amp for $150 is all you'll ever need. Or if you want separates, I recommend Massdrop O2 + Topping D10/D30 (I went O2 + D10, but still waiting on D10 to get here).

I got a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 I bought a few years ago. Would that be good enough?

Wouldn't that also affect how we hear normally, outside of the digital world? I thought studios generally use flat measuring speakers so the mix will be made accordingly.based on that.

Look

Honestly I think skipping the DAC is bad advice, I've noticed pretty obvious sound quality differences between the few I've tried. My old PCI Soundbalster 24 bit seems to be the most "dull" sounding one currently at my expense.

From what I can tell that might actually be a bit anemic for it but it may still work. HD6xx have a sensitivity of 103 dB/mW which is quite high even for being 300 ohm.

>Budget
200$~250$
If there's something for less that fits the bill that's cool.
>Location
Middle eastern shithole. Probably will have to pay shipment and custody.
>Source
Laptop, possibly e10k
>Type of headphone
Full
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
As comfy as possible
>Sound signature
I listen to hip hop, punk, alternative rock, doom, thrash and sometimes chill acoustic/ambient/electronic stuff.

>Past headphones
M40x
They're ok I suppose. Ears start to hurt after an hour.
AKG N60 wireless
Same problem. Why do they make fucking on ear headphones anyway

You mean your everyday soundscape? Yes, loudness plays a role in everything we hear. If you are thinking of live concerts though, they usually are tuned to sound accordingly to the environment, expected size of audience, acoustic problems of the house etc, loudness is taken in account as expected, it's called live mixing. Everything is usually also mixed/double-checked by ear so it sounds exactly as it should. Going to a well produced live concert is, imho, the closest to hearing as the artist and engineers intended, since they have far more control over every transducer. No control over the crowd though, ever seen that live presentation of "Valhalla" by Blind Guardian? The crowd went nuts, in a pretty awesome way if you ask me, lol.
Studio "flat" is also compensated so it will actually sound as neutral as possible, however that's not always the case and most engineers will simply use "neutral enough" monitors as the most important part is that they are very familiarized with how the monitor sounds so that when they are mixing they know what they are doing is how they wanted it to sound. It's one of the reasons you will see many engineers carrying their own monitors and headphones when working abroad.

what is G.A.S? I think I get it bad sometimes...

gear acquisition syndrome.

Ah, yes. It seems hard to fight sometimes.

Anyone know similar headphones to HD 569? I like the velour ear padding, neutral sound and closed back design.

Why do Beyerfags love getting raped by treble dildos when they listen to music? 10-15+ dB of treble cannot be healthy for their ears.

Attached: beyerfag.png (805x611, 460K)

If only they actually made something as fabulous as the DT404, ah, why teases like that Beyer?

uhm sweetie you just don't understand

enjoy your mudheiser no air shitphones

I missed the beyer vs senn shitpost wars. Post some setups.

Attached: IMG_20181002_210819374~2.jpg (3200x2400, 1.34M)

hisssssssssss

Attached: dan1.jpg (1920x1080, 142K)

t. sennheiser owner

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

nigga wat
i've been going to concerts for a while, a lot of bands cannot into live music.
nightwish, perfect example. put them in a filled venue and try to get symphonic metal to work properly in that space. that shit requires a lot of editing to even sound good.
tl;dr: if you go to concerts, you aren't going for quality. you're going to see the band.

Attached: setup.jpg (1248x936, 415K)

I currently have the crusher wireless, should i upgrade to the crusher 360's?

Attached: 1538082180354.jpg (439x431, 58K)

I was thinking of Roger Waters when i said that, should probably have clarified, but i get what you mean, going for the Artists is usually the main reason. Also forgot to mention theaters with live orchestras for those who preffer to go "full analogue".

Reminder that the Fidelio X2's are under $200 @ Newegg
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138299

ye full analog is the "closest" way to hear sound. electronics inherently kill quality.
not like anyone that goes to concerts actually cares about that, but still.

>electronics inherently kill quality.

Attached: 1538081155845.png (990x682, 580K)

I have a pair of AKG M220. I'm trying to use it with my guitar setup and it sounds like complete shit. It sounds fine on my phone and number, but crap through an amp sim pedal I have.

Is this headphones not meant for this kind of application? What can you suggest in its place? I have some HD598s but not a 3mm to 6mm adapter to try it out. I don't think my pedal is crap, it's the phones I think.

About to buy the 250 ohm version of the DT 770s, any reason not to Jow Forums?

Can you imagine that people actually used to praise O2 amp, which is nothing but a couple of CMOYs chained together? Nwavguy shills were so insufferable...

Thank god we have actually good cheap discrete design amps like Magni 3 now.

I bought one and I regret it.

Won't be buying them again, and the shilling in these threads by their marketers helped push me in that direction.

IMO closed is way better than open

'clarity of sound' is utter bullshit. The reality is that with open ear headphones you hear every fucking thing around you and can't focus on the music. Cars whizzing by in the street, dogs barking, typing on the keyboard, computer fan noise - you hear all of this shit.

Get closed ear, it's better.

nice adhd

nice .. uncommon = watercolor

I could volunteer to take her clothes off :^)

Cute Stax owner here.

youtube.com/watch?v=5NtJodWOz4M

>Now unsub from Zeos
Never!

Attached: 7399D8E6-17E7-48DE-8C39-E5E54796E44C.jpg (1583x1242, 757K)

>are gaming headphones a meme?
We don't know because nobody bothers to test them.

Almost all of them are, the only ones I would recommend are those HyperX headsets that are basically Takstars with a mic, they are good for their price bracket. But if you want real quality, you won’t find it in gaming headphones.

Why do Sennfags uncontrollably shitpost everytime someone enjoys a different headphone?
Is it like an inferiority complex?

about to buy 80 ohms dt770s ama
never bought headphones above €100 before

I was looking at beyerdynamic dt 770 because of comfy factor, but people keep shitting on them here because of treble and shit like that. Could you recommend me a a pair?

Grados

Where did idol trash go?

>tfw have ADD and regret buying open ear headphones because I keep focusing on things other than the music
Feelsbadman

What dont you like about them?

that would be the staxfags

ryan is making a t60rp version of argons

godbless him

Attached: 1520215469055.png (640x773, 17K)

Grados

What do you guys think about these? I'm getting these because they were cheap and I kinda like the design.

Attached: 23950720539805.png (804x556, 370K)

I bought the fx audio dac-x6 to start with but I'm seriously considering returning it for this but it's double the price. I know some people complain about distortion at higher volumes but i normally don't even crank my pc volume up past 20 or so to begin with. Will i be fine?

Available 2021 I presume?

The 2i2 can output ~2.5V, so it's powerful enough for most music. You could run into issues with quietly mastered Classical, though.
103 dB/-V-, not mW. Big difference.

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
Excellent OP!

Attached: 1510673420004.png (1920x1080, 1.59M)

i trust ryan to have them out by 2019

Attached: 1493203035803.png (645x773, 21K)

hello?

cute drawing of me

my ears bleed looking at this

Is this thing adequate to drive my Chinklux Headphones? Will it be okay for better cans if I decide to get them in the future?

Formerly used a Xonar D1 which was "loud enough" but my new mobo has no PCI slots.

Alternatively I'm considering to get a Xonar DGX which apparently is okay with Headphones.

Attached: fiio.jpg (500x242, 20K)

Based Beyer with their frequency curve that ensures enjoyable listening and clear and transparent sound even at low volume levels.