Is there any benefit to using NoScript over uMatrix or even uBlock Origin anymore?

Is there any benefit to using NoScript over uMatrix or even uBlock Origin anymore?

Attached: noscript.png (256x256, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Static-filter-syntax#redirect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ublock origin can block javascript now. Noscript is obsolete and umatrix is optional.

XSS protection and ABE, beyond that nothing because uMatrix allows for more fine tuning for everything else regarding scripts. You could technically benefit from both by setting noscript to allow all script mode and then using umatrix to handle scripts.

i thought abe and clearclick were taken out in noscript 10 because of webextension.

I recently started to use NoScript because a site I frequent had an adscript that broke the site.
It's more of a hassle than a help.
I had no idea uBlock Origin could block scripts so I need to look into that despite being a brainlet.
Might try uMatrix since it has more "fine tuning".

if you're struggling with noscript, umatrix is even more of a hassle. try allowing nothing as default, and allowing media, frame and fetch for trusted. from there it's easy, trust first party domains and certain third party until the site works properly.

I started to use noscript instead of umatrix because I'm a retard

speaking of umatrix: can anyone tell me why my umatrix window is like cutt-off? there's nothing showing up to the right of "image" column

I use Noscript because the Umatrix ui is absolutely atrocious and more than once it blocked stuff that I had whitelisted.

umatrix is for extreme autists who have no concept of workflow. noscript is still superior despite losing some features.

Wouldn't know, I swapped to a browser that allowed me to continue using XUL and get security updates.

if you have to ask, then the answer is no
everyone else knows why

NoScript is "I stomp javascript"
uMatrix and uBlock are cuck "we must engage with the enemy" appeasers

Have you used an old mobile browser recently? The brain dead or nonexistant javascript implementations are actually helping at this point.

The only feature that NoScript lost when the upgrade happened was the ability to work inside about: pages. It got a new GUI, but all its other features are still there.

>Ublock origin can block javascript now
It's been able to do that for years.

>I swapped to a browser that allowed me to continue using XUL and get security updates.
Which is?

Waterfox

There's a new ability to do javascript blocking only

Can you still install DTA?

new noscript is exceptionally bad, author fucked up so much that this extension is no longer relevant

can you point me to where ABE is? can't find it.

bump

You can allow everything on default and just untrust a script if it ever comes up again.

Attached: 1538572094.png (642x208, 20K)

I'm so used to NoScript at this point that it's getting pretty hard to switch to uMatrix now.
Maybe I'll think about it eventually but since the old version still works fine I'll keep it for now.

not worth it to switch. umatrix doesn't offer enough to warrant it.

Yes, still works fine

switched to umatrix after the abomination that is noscript 10

>trusting (((gorshill)))

>trusting (((giorgio)))

Only the button is new. You could always block JS by simply making a rule for it.

that and you could always block 1st party scripts in advanced mode.

bump

Last time I checked, years ago, only NoScript had support for script surrogates. Basically fake scripts telling whoever invoked them that they've done their job, even if they didn't actually spy on you or did whatever malicious stuff their real counterpart was supposed to do. Google Analytics for example had a surrogate version, IIRC.

I discovered that gorhill added an additional addon called "uBlock Origin Extra", which blocks anti-anti-adblock bullshit. So far, it mainly targets websites that are popular and on his radar. I don't know if there's a particular way to get new sites added, short of putting an issue up on github to do so.

So far, it seems to work wonders on the sites it supports... including Jow Forums.

uBlock Origin can do that.
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Static-filter-syntax#redirect

Stop using Chrome and you don't need the sister add-on.

DON'T ever install chrome on your pc
That malware got infected even though no JS and UBLOCK ORIGIN
I was annoyed it was a malware I recognised before (make pc goes to sleep by itself )
I deleted that shit immediately