Windows 10 2018 LTSC release

So, the ISO is out in the usual place, what are the big differences between 2016 LTSB and 2018 LTSC so far other than the task manager is bugged?

Attached: sJBtL7e.png (576x756, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/raw/4E7xLfS5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cloud copy paste

2019*

en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_74865958.iso
SHA-1 0b8476eff31f957590ade6fe671f16161037d3f6

Ayy neat
Time to ditch manjaro and go back to wangblows

is this the official release or an insider build

>other than the task manager is bugged
how so
btw you can activate ltsc with the latest ms toolkit

CPU usage is not being reported correctly.
And for now KMS_VL_ALL is being used.

MDL links pastebin.com/raw/4E7xLfS5
pass:MDL

Because this is an LTSC version, it's not gonna be fixed until the next release, is it?

tell me why should I upgrade to this from LTSB, any major performance difference? did they remove the bloat and botnet?

I installed 2016 TSB a few months ago -it's worked well so far. Will give this a go soon as well.
I can only assume "activating" it will be done in th same way? That is with the fake KMS server installed and whitelisted by AV?

LTSC and LTSB get fixes and security updates but no upgrades.
So yes.

Flicker and wrong cpu usage

Attached: 1534141225032.webm (770x780, 871K)

is LTSC the replacement to LTSB?

Yes it is just a name change

No unless you need features from newer windows versions.
LTSB is 1607(Redstone 1, Anniversary update,July 18, 2016).
This is 1809(Redstone 5, October 2018 Update).

Some features cant be used in older windows releases, some recent personal example is when i tried to use the Lenovo VR headset in LTSB, you cant install the drivers because it needs 1709 or newer.

yes.

Mangets:
en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_74865958.iso

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6faec726c7bbb9248b3a3ed8d77bd1a7c4598f05&dn=en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_74865958.iso&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969&tr=udp://zer0day.ch:1337&tr=udp://open.demonii.com:1337&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969&tr=udp://exodus.desync.com:6969

What are the differences between 2016 and 2018 versions? Is it worth updating or not?

>That is with the fake KMS server installed and whitelisted by AV?
More or less, MSToolkit and the other generic activators don't work yet.

Anything that was added to windows since 1607.
Check 1703, 1709, 1803 and 1809 update notes.

Thanks

is the flickering taskbar still a thing?

>What are the differences between 2016 and 2018 versions?
2 (two) years you fucking idiot

Roger, will do

LOL, thanks for the chuckle, fag

Yes, its affecting all 1809 releases as far as im aware.

Yes

Attached: 1531296459620.webm (232x232, 262K)

>version 1809
So isn't this just as unstable as the current branch then, at least for now? the advantage of the LTS branches is their stability, if 1809 just released this is probably not worth using for 6 months at least for people who actually need LTS.

Can someone clarify, is this just a preview/evaluation of what is to be released or is this the final release?

When was pic related a thing?
Fucking nice now i can play my jap hentai games without having to change the entire system locale or mess with applocale.

Attached: d.jpg (447x244, 35K)

Final release

Final release.
EVAL release was already out.

looks like an official release but there are no other details on msdn

Attached: ltsc.png (524x483, 18K)

Since forever?
That's how you change the system locale whenever someone mention it.

Look at the beta box.

I have one system I want to try using in-place upgrade to Win10 LTSB/LTSC, but it's on 8.1...

I'm thinking this is workable if I go install 2015 in-place then upgrade to 2019 later on (once the toolkits are ready)

I can directly upgrade from 2015 to 2019, right?

Use LTSB 2016 then install LTSC 2019, you never want to be an early adopter.

Yeah I was thinking that, but I was considering I'd squat on 2015 long enough to get 2019 ironed-out...

But now that I think more about it I might just move to and sit on 2016 as you suggest, for feature and driver considerations if nothing else.

Anyway, if anyone else here moved from Win 8.1 to LTSB 2015 then on to 2016, are there any considerations I have to keep in mind?

What's that method? I activated my LTSB 2016 using the toolkit from the pastebin, will it still work?

Is it possible to install LTSC 2019 over the LTSB 2016 without losing things?

How long will this receive support until?

10 years

I thought on the MDL thread they were saying this is just an eval iso. If not, can it be activated yet?

There are 2 versions in the MDL thread, first the EVAL ISO, then the release ISO.

windows subsystem for linux

10 years same as all ltsb/ltsc releases

ah thanks, guess I either didn't see the release ISO posted or missed it.
I'm guessing mstoolkit can't activate it yet?

Well I feel stupid for not reading the thread. Sorry about that, and thanks.

I think you have to do a fresh install

Here is the english iso Also only KMS-VL-ALL works until other kms activators get updated

For those wondering what comes installed. they even removed onedrive this time around.

Attached: 1533148394208.webm (1024x770, 2.77M)

How to make a bootable thumb drive from the iso? I don't remember the last time I messed with these things

Just use Rufus

wow its everything I wanted windows 10 to be but wasn't
now when will they stop playing coy and let me purchase this version as a single customer?
they can continue their spying as long as they at least try and be subtle (see: win7 and prior)

how long do you think it will take before the EU shoves its bureaucratic cock up microsoft's ass again and forces them to sell a copy of this to individual users and not just volume licenses?

Attached: 1537848336511.jpg (335x443, 106K)

does this have WSL? i don't see it in the "install features" menu

Nip games don't support UTF8 and won't support it for the forseeable future.

Its UWP so no since it needs the store.
Store can be added into LTSC though just line LTSB.

They will, it will just be limited to EU users only and possibly have some sort of IP-based check in mechanism.

is there a dark theme?

use 7

You cannot install it without a PS/2 keyboard if you have a newer mobo/cpu

You can if you use MSI Smart tools to add USB 3.0 drivers.

What's the changelog from 2016 ltsb?
Also does this still phone home?

Windows has been phoning home since 2000 SP4

Since before that.
I remember when 95 came out - everyone was saying then that it was monitoring everything you do and phoning home to MS. No joke.
People were even saying it could "report on the status of other household items, including your toaster".

Because everyone had always-on internet in 1995, right? XP and it's automatic updates was the first instance of "phoning home" which got backported to 2000 in SP4. People claim that 95/98/NT4/Me phoned home were either spreading FUD or downloaded HotTeenSexVideo.mpg.exe.

Literally 2 years of updates.

Oh stop it sonny

The computer was capable of phoning home with the launch of the pentium 2. Whether the OS did or not is beyond my knowledge.

The pentium 2 was the first widely known back doored consumer processor. And if you don't think your current hardware phones home regardless of your OS, you're clueless.

Where is the N edition for this?

hm I thought this version was coming with edge? Oh well

Testing..

Attached: Untitled.png (625x156, 16K)

Ooh, Server too! Meow :3

Attached: Untitled.png (441x104, 5K)

yeah there is, I just turned it on. It affects explorer but it doesn't properly skin all things like the mmc components, for example. It still looks exactly like those pics people have been memeing with the past few weeks

Is anyone able to turn night shift on?

*night light
whatever

Yep. Works.

Is there any public link to download?

Enjoy no workable browsers

Yeah, look on MDL.

Explain

There seems to be a N version during the install process

>Edge user

Some user threw icon of Edge in a trash bin, so now the Internet on Windows 10 is completely deleted.

Is it possible to install OneDrive like in regular W10? I actually use it due to office365

I dont see the release ISO in that thread. can u link?

also bump. any way to key this shit yet?

Why is this allowed in 2019?

Attached: Capture.png (324x197, 13K)

read the mdl forums
read the thread
there, answers for both of your questions
it's not difficult
you can do it

which thread there are fucking tonnes

>not only am I too cheap to pirate, I expect people to just give me answers
son, if you're going to pirate, do the leg work yourself

Does it really matter? Why maintain two different versions of the flash player especially when it dies in a year and a half.

Fucking finally.

So you can browse /f/.

no my question is why are they still bundling that glorified malware facilitator in this OS?

That's just convenience for internet explorer and edge users. It's completely different from the one available for firefox and chrome.

ive done enough to reach my goals

for that smart ass comment i am not
>seeding
the torrent

All I ask is an option to permanently disable UAC. Nothing more

Install win XP then lmao

To turn off UAC:
Click the Start menu. In the search field type UAC.
Click "Change User Account Control settings."
In the window that comes up, move the slider down to "Never Notify."
Click OK and then restart the computer.
?