Is running samba over WAN a bad idea?

Is running samba over WAN a bad idea?

Attached: received_237818100222956.jpg (750x919, 116K)

Nah. Just make sure you leave SMB v1 enabled so you ensure all your devices can connect properly.

Just don't. You can tunnel it, but there are better options available for file storage.

This, SMBv1 is simple and has great compatibility across the board.

You would have to be dumber than a box of rocks to do this, but most people are. Use sftp instead.

>ftp

Attached: 1d9e03448073bfe135d9917430499111bd9a39f35af8cebd3fcdf01d5aec5c4e.jpg (255x136, 10K)

smb2 is supported on android via total commander. do not use smb1 unless you want to get memed.

ssh

sftp dipshit.

>ftp
>sftp
You paranoid autistic faggots need to learn how to read AND comprehend before you sperg out and post.

>You paranoid autistic faggots need to learn how to read AND comprehend before you sperg out and post.

What an utterly idiotic thing to post, its quite obvious that they just don't understand the difference. Reading comprehension for a 4 letter acronym? Fuck off you god damned moron.

>t. brainlet

very.

torrent and https over wan
nfs over lan only
samba never

use a vpn you fucking pleb

>t. tripfag scum

Buggled clone of a buggled implementation of a buggled protocol

do this also

>t. tripcuck

Just make sure to use a long password with a mix numbers, upper and lower case characters.

As far as I understand there exist a lot of premade exploits for both nfs and samba. Is that the only reason not to carry it out over wan or are there even more obvious problems with it?

Terrible, yes.
Tunnel it over VPN.

>t. tripfag whos almost as gay as the clover os desktop spammer

I actually am using sftp already to stream movies etc I just have the smb share for windows using friends... Might have to find better solution...