I've always been under the impression that impostor syndrome in programming is nothing more than being aware of the...

I've always been under the impression that impostor syndrome in programming is nothing more than being aware of the reality that you are bad at programming. Am I the only one that thinks this?

Attached: Imposter-syndrome.png (288x262, 8K)

I probably phrased that poorly. What I mean is that I think Impostor Syndrome is a myth. If you are afraid you are worse than your peers when writing software, you should probably consider a different career path, because your fears are nothing more than reality.

Imposter syndrome is something attributed to people who are very clearly comptent, but they themselves don't think so. It's usually common among high earners who are neurotic and lack ego.

What you're describing is just more about the feeling of being cognizant of your ineptitude. Which is a feeling you feel when you are entering college, or entering a high stress workplace. Those type of people either drop out, or get fired unless they fix themselves.

I disagree. Imo most people with imposter syndrome don't have any friends or peers and thus they have no one to compare their programming skills with. That combined with low-self esteem makes them think they have so much more left to learn.
source: me 3 year neet

This felt believable until I saw that the post was written by a Neet.

yellow should be "what I think others think I know"

I thought you just pretended to think that you knew way less than everyone else to keep them from viewing you as a threat because it made it easier to undermine co-workers...

no, that only applies to white men

If you aren't white you shouldn't be posting on Jow Forums

Imposter syndrome is when people have jobs that are easier to be competent at than everyone thinks
like being a 'software engineer', any retard can bash together a shitty web application, and there is really hard programming out there and really good programmers, but most people with that job title don't need to be very good programmers to fulfill their job requirements

>your fears are nothing more than reality
dumbest shit ive heard in awhile

Attached: imposter-imposter-syndrome.png (288x262, 8K)

doesn't that mean the same thing as the original

Attached: 1535939048000.png (500x500, 192K)

impostor syndrome is lack of (life) experience. give it 10 years after you're out of nigger cattle college and you will realize that the pareto principle applies to everything and 90% of people are nigger cattle.

Isn't this Dunning-Kruger

>am poc
Was pretty sure I was handed my offers and didn't know shit. Then I killed an intermship and realized I was better than the other social autist kids.

Did much better after realizing I'm not retarded. But I'm sure 90% of I.S. is just no talent.
Suck my brown cock

if you're brown it's most likely dunning kruger what you're experiencing. go back to your shithole

U mad whitiie?

>Impostor: 3 matches
>Imposter: 6 matches
Six Americans in here

Acknowledging that you don't know shit is the first step towards actually learning.
But as other Anons have said, impostor syndrome only applies to people who are actually competent, but don't realize it. If you actually know jack shit, you're simply aware of it, which is good.

Attached: 220px-Socrates_Louvre.jpg (220x293, 19K)

>buy a bunch of oil paints and a canvas to paint for your first time
>paint a picture
>compare it to a seasoned artist
>throw everything in the trash and quit painting
This is you.

what defines a good programmer is the growth mindset. fixed minded people like OP eventually crash and burn, no matter how well their inate programming ability may be.
eventually you will hit a problem that will stump and challenge you. the trick is to understand you have the ability to learn and overcome it.
this is why there is always that one faggot in programming courses that wont stop showing off but fucks up on a problem set and drops the whole course