Which of these two phones is objectively, on a hardware, software and technical level "superior"?

Which of these two phones is objectively, on a hardware, software and technical level "superior"?
so many reviews online fail to even mention all of the SPECS of these devices. It's utterly bullshit.

Attached: iphone-xs-max-note-9.jpg (1200x758, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Basically the android ecosystem has better hardware when it comes to raw power, but the iphones are more optimized from the software side. So they're both basically the same. The only difference is some apps loading slower/faster, depending on which side the devs are on.

lmaooo
then why don't you search for the FULL specs of the phones instead of relying on shitty reviews?

It doesn't matter. Even a cheapass phone will run any app you want. Bi Beed to spend more for the same shit, you can't tell any difference anymore.

>Hardware
Android wins: screen resolution, expandable storage, # of CPU cores, # of RAM GB, camera quality (Pixel 2), headphone jack
iPhone XS wins: absolute color accuracy (by the smallest margin), superior camera abilities (Smart HDR, more sophisticated focus adjustment)

>Usability
Android wins: flexibility. There's no reason to argue this
iPhone wins: iMessage. This is the number one fucking reason people (including myself) stick with iPhones. Also, phones last longer. I don't give a shit about the confirmed throttling. iPhones last longer than their Android counterparts that can barely last a year before lag starts showing up.

Why is iMessage such a big deal? I've only had iPhones up until now, but I really don't give a shit about it.

Don't you know? Normies love iMessage to communicate

why the fuck do you even have to ask? Even ignoring the charging issue of latest iPhones Samsung wins.

>phones last longer
I'm still using an S5. iPhones lasting longer is a meme.

>superior camera
No. iPhones have a significantly worse camera than top android devices.

iMessage is the superior messaging medium bar none. Integrated directly into the OS, cloud and local backup, integrates with other apps. Plus you can see your SMS and iMessage conversations all in one place.

> Integrated directly into the OS
gee, I wish they did that with microsoft explorer again, wasn't that the greatest?
>cloud and local backup
Why do you need to backup your texts? Did you ever backup your phone calls? Do you wish you did?
>integrates with other apps
Integrate to do what? It's for texting.
>Plus you can see your SMS and iMessage conversations all in one place.
Wow, what magical functionality is this? You could see all your SMS conversations in one place if you just used SMS, retard.

Holy shit, the androjeet cope is real.

>gee, I wish they did that with microsoft explorer again, wasn't that the greatest
Invalid comparison
>Why do you need to backup your texts? Did you ever backup your phone calls? Do you wish you did?
Some people like keeping track of things and having their messages sync across multiple devices. WhatsApp also does something similar, but I’m sure you won’t rip on that.
>Integrate to do what? It's for texting.
Games, photo apps, share music, share videos, search gifs, send map data, public transport times. Without leaving the Messages app.
>Wow, what magical functionality is this? You could see all your SMS conversations in one place if you just used SMS, retard.
SMS is being used less and less because internet messaging applications are more popular than ever and can do more. Why should I pay $2 to send a photo to my friend by MMS when I can do it for free?

You sound like someone with no friends and/or hates progress.

>phones last longer

im not gonna argue with this but its also entirely brand related. HTC and sony have reuptations for androids that last more than 2 years, samsung and LG don't. doesn't stop people from buying them on a bi-yearly schedule like retards

also the iphone's camera just isn't as good as the pixel's. dont get me wrong they had like a ten year lead on camera quality to a ridiculous degree but its just not the best anymore

the android messages app does all of that and has since like android 5, i still don't understand what the fuck imessage is for besides knowing if you're talking to someone with an iphone

like when android literally only had a local device sms app then yeah imessage was great but its not 2009 anymore

>android messages app does all of that and has since like android 5
It's just an SMS/MMS client, not an actual messenger like WhatsApp, brainlet.

Oh cool. Please search a gif in the Android messages then start a game of mini golf with one of your contacts. After that, make a drawing and send that to your contact. Without leaving the app. This is out of the box functionality on iOS.

>Games, photo apps, share music, share videos, search gifs, send map data, public transport times. Without leaving the Messages app.

oh my god is the basic inter-app sharing that android has had since version 1 still not have an analogue on ios? you can do that in every android app my dude. its like a modular system that isn't specific to one app

not the same guy you replied to.
There are plenty of apps on android that do the things imessage does such as messenger, Snap, KiK etc. not to mention google is trying to finalize their own imessage for android.
none of this requires Apple.

>damage control

not that guy
better question is... why the fuck are you doing this sort of shit anyway?
in a messaging app?

yes android can do all of this out of the box too except for making a drawing, but theres tons of apps for that purpose and an infinite amount more because it's modular and exposed to the user so you don't have to rely on os integration for your stupid gimmicks

you haven't been paying attention, then

nice rebuttal asshat
he's right and the only way you can respond is by saying
>damage control
sounds like you're the one doing damage control.

>basic interapp sharing
Lmao no
Cope harder

Attached: 609D5407-2579-4D3B-80BC-515706E26F15.jpg (750x924, 347K)

This is the Apple version of "It can't even torrent!"

Attached: 1534735652299.jpg (400x346, 80K)

Messenger has all this too haha
that's on everything.

>messenger
>has to download a third party facegoy app to get basic functionality
LMAO

Attached: 89EEC75D-734F-4A39-9295-9D61992B23F8.jpg (750x910, 188K)

># of RAM GB
that's called the RAM size user

>has to use a physical dongle for basic functionality
SEETHING

A dongle for what?

>those messages
What a cuck

Oh you know what for

Attached: Dongles baby.jpg (480x240, 7K)

>moving the goalposts
Classic pajeet

So do you :)

Attached: 582497A1-25D4-4F75-99DE-1AD13875B5C6.jpg (940x620, 18K)

Apple user stick fleshlight in boyfriends anus to make dick jack.

Is that a message from mommy?

No I'm not
You brought up basic functionality that Iphones have and other android phones don't
I showed you basic functionality that new iphones lack and phones like my s7edge and new ones like the Note 9 DO have
all for a lower price then current apple flagships.
not on my device ;)

the worse thing about this is that this lack of functionality on Apple's part is physical rather then software based
meaning it cannot be fixed or changed.
people are stuck having to be inconvenienced by default.

iPhone gay

retards at google
>wants to send friend thing
>press share button

apple
>wants to send friend thing
>opens message
>browse compatible attachments
>opens applet within app
>search for content you want

jesus christ how are people even defending this operating system. they literally just implemented it backwards

Note 9
>Price About 1000 EUR
iPhone XR
>Price About 850 EUR

Lower price, eh?

im not really sure that drawing small pictures is ever going to be used by anyone for any reason over SMS but its good to know apple spent the effort hard coding that into their operating system rather than just allowing developers to have modular app interaction.

otherwise someone would have written an app that does exactly what they did, and they might even do a better job at it because they were designing an application for a specific use case rather than feature creep

not even comparable

You're talking about the XR
a phone that has the same PPI as the iphone 4
a LCD screen and at 720P
for only 250 cheaper???
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Just stop already. You're making an ass of yourself dude.

Attached: Gamma.jpg (322x322, 32K)

Iphones are the first phones with 7nm processors on the market. Future proofing out the ass. Screen quality is the same as samsung because it is samsung. Also no botnet.

Android is nothing more but gimmicks and botnet at this point

>iPhone XR
Nononono

Your eye can't see over 24 ppi.

Steve

my secondhand 81 PPI monitor says otherwise
OHNONONONONONONONONONO
thank god I got a 400 ppi monitor becuase the difference is night and day

also at a ppi that low you have to be shitposting
just give it up dude.

>a phone that has the same PPI as the iphone 4
This is the type of brainlet that unironically buys 4K phones that just upscale everything from 1080p to prevent a housefire event.

Attached: 1525111729478.png (1291x983, 219K)

Just don't sit so close to it.

Steve

PPI isn't the same as Resolution dumbass
You really fucked up now
classic Apple Brainlet
with a phone it'd look atrocious at a horrifying ppi of 24
I mean i said the XR has the ppi of the iphone 4 which is true, but that's still 326 ppi.

my piece of shit $150 phone has a 5.5" 2560x1440 amoled screen and thats like

540 ppi?

so fucking lol

>PPI isn't the same as Resolution dumbass
>literally spelled Pixels Per Inch
>confusing PPI with DPI
Go on, keep embarrassing yourself as if we didn't know already that you're a retard.

Attached: 1511735729891.png (645x614, 83K)

Wow
btw user
PPI or "Pixels Per Inch" references Pixel Density of a dipslay. It's pretty literal, meaning how many individual pixels that make up an image are in an inch.[
meanwhile: Image resolution is the detail an image holds. The term applies to raster digital images, film images, and other types of images.

DPI has nothing to do with either of those.
I ask you, how did I confuse the two?
you won't reply to this question.

The absolute state of Brainlet Apple users

Attached: Frog with retardation dies mysteriously.jpg (566x720, 107K)

>PPI has nothing to do with resolution
>I want to have a higher PPI display even if it means displaying upscaled video source on it actually hurting the image quality
The absolute state of (you).

dumb frogposter

These do not affect each other as you imply.
You didn't respond to my question.

You literally described whatsapp sans aids.
What sa app also has cancer in the form of fb but thats a separate issue.

DPI is Dots Per Inch

>These do not affect each other as you imply
Good luck watching your dads DVD collection on a UHD TV.

What kind of non-reply is this.
thanks for proving me right.

IPhone can hold more in memory with 4GB than the Note 9 can with 8GB.

>proving me right

Attached: AADACB6D-29C5-4E7F-B4FD-1B705E1D755B.png (645x729, 97K)

Dumb Wojack Poster

Attached: 1536751102375.jpg (382x464, 24K)

kys forced meme poster

>Basically the android ecosystem has better hardware when it comes to raw power
Why the fuck you lyin'

It's called having friends.

your life ia a forced meme, quite literally

your life is a result of cum interacting with ovum, quite literally

That shit literally depends on whatever you prefer.

Imagine being as fucking brain dead as you

Attached: 71EEEE9D-3E67-4093-A48B-67CBDC69F1EE.jpg (750x1271, 269K)

Jow Forums and pajeets won't admit that. They can't afford the iPhones so they justify their android purchases by shitting on them.

I can admit I like the ios ecosystem. My next phone will be a used iphone X or max. I can't justify spending full price on them, but I don't think they're shitty phones, just overpriced.

>twitter meme
>is retarded
who would have thought

>switch from iphone to galaxy s8
>friends now all want android devices
nobody wants to pay that much for a glorified facebook machine with less features

The iphone. It's only shit because of IOS. An iPhone running android would be 10/10

Attached: #1 dad.jpg (933x698, 155K)

My mom died in a car accident last year and I like to read our old text messages when I really miss her

You think text messages magically disappear on Android when you die?

Do you ever switch phones?

I mean if you have anything under Oreo, which finally has sms backup, why should you have to use an app like play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore or use this

adb shell
bmgr run
bmgr backupnow appdata
bmgr backupnow --al

adb command. Plus the Oreo backup method doesn't even have a way to manually backup, you just gotta wait for it to automatically backup. I just switched from a Pixel 2 XL to an iPhone X and as much as I like Android as an OS better, iOS just works

Are you a woman? If so post them titties girl.

Attached: 1507141572588.png (1024x888, 246K)

>android phone that won't get updated in 6 months
>meme curved screen
>shitty TouchWiz
Not even close.