The only language you'll ever need

Attached: letter-c5.png (2000x2000, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

words.steveklabnik.com/should-you-learn-c-to-learn-how-the-computer-works
movio.co/blog/migrate-Scala-to-Go/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

++

>can't be scripted in my shell
Dropped

Where are the other 26 characters?

>26
Go back to pre K retard.

I meant to say 25

C of the worst languadge fucking ever and its only purpose now it to appreciate how much better everything else is. Lol pointers and memory addresses. The fuck is a string? Fuck c desu.

Fuck off Boomer, go sip your Monster

>couldn't compile hello world

V isn't hard it's just needlessly complicated. A relic. We can all appreciate how it shaped the industry but now it's useless.

Attached: crop.jpg (1440x2880, 885K)

>ever
never*

#!/usr/local/bin/tcc -run

>pointers and memory addresses
Good luck writing a kernel without those

C has many problems and is indeed shit, but you're nothing but a simple idiot who can't program.

Too high-level and not high-level enough to be TOLYEN. Except in the sense that all T-C languages are equivalently powerful, of course

You mean low level right?

>No zero overhead abstractions

C is why I'm paid as well as I am. I'm in my 30s and just now getting into assembly, and I'm starting to like that better for writing drivers and stuff. But I wouldn't be catching on to assembly nearly as well as I am if I didn't understand C first (that's probably backwards for most people, but it's true for me). C helped me reverse-engineer file formats and taught me networking. I just think C is great.

Attached: tech_alsa.png (852x600, 63K)

/thread

>thinks system programming can be done without pointers
lol ok retard

I want to make a website.
How do I write it in C?

I get the impression that you don't think you can write a website backend in C. You sure know how to make yourself look stupid.

>Not using an established Apache, Nginx, etc.
Nigga I want front end.
How do I write it in C?

To be fair you could probably be fine with just C.

English

Sure you did, dipshit

...to stay in your mom's basement forever

Preach. Truly the white man's language of choice.

Rust can do everything C can and much more.

cute!

Attached: isis lovecruft.png (997x613, 486K)

Compile to webassembly with emscripten.

C++ does it better.

>Mental gymnastics

Attached: 1538525555841.jpg (515x207, 19K)

I don't know what you're talking about.
You asked for a way to write your front end in C, and I fucking told you how. Use emscripten to compile C code to either Javascript or Webassembly.

Is there any real reason to use C over C++? I'm building a small windowing framework for personal use, and dealing with C code from legacy APIs is a painful process due to how unstructured it is.

C made me hate programming. I quit programming because of it.

The fact it lets you compile completely degenerate code is already enough reason to abandon it.

Sounds to me like C isn't the only language you need then.

I'm not OP. I'm not even a C programmer.

>Is there any real reason to use C over C++?
No.

sounds like pebkac

Yes, but rarely - when you do too low-level stuff (embedded, kernels, ...)

>what is embedded systems
>what is game development
>what is speed

>C++
cpp is a c with a lot of tumors over himself

If you don't want to transpile C to a language that runs in the browser, write and popularize your own browser that understands C. It actually probably wouldn't be too hard (relatively speaking), given that you can use open source browsers as a base.

Why can't we have D programming language. We're stuck with C and its bastard sons C# and C++. Where did the convention of A and B programming languages go.

It would be great to have a D language. Everyone in Silicon valley would now have a lot of D both at work and up their ass. Such an efficient way to work.

Attached: xDtGfDy.gif (400x225, 771K)

>Why can't we have D programming language.
Standard library relies on GC instead of refcounting.

>Where did the convention of A and B programming languages go.
There never was an A programming language. C's predecessor was a CPL dialect called BCPL, which Ken Thompson played around with and created a language called B (which was used internally in Bell Labs).

words.steveklabnik.com/should-you-learn-c-to-learn-how-the-computer-works

>dusgusting attention whoring anime pedo faggot wants some D(ick) right in his mouth
What a surprise!

D already exists

*never

add a hashtag at the end there and I might agree with you

Attached: 1538143303183.png (1578x1668, 187K)

anime website

No, it's fucking NOT.
Fucking neck yourself.

yes it is, dumb 2016 tourist

>literally a clone of a Japanese anime image board made by a 14 year old weeaboo
>not an anime website
Newfag

Attached: anime-website.jpg (862x126, 38K)

>the only language you'll ever need as long as your multi-core multi-threaded superscalar out-of-order CPU won't stop cosplaying a freaking PDP-11 machine.
Thanks, I'd rather choose Forth in case I'd need a macro assembler. At least it's WAY more convenient and simple.

Attached: 15050564020130.png (800x800, 990K)

dbase II for cp/m
the only language you'll ever need

Attached: CPM_CLUB2.png (1066x554, 31K)

but now have new version for windows

Attached: 1c.jpg (1240x580, 33K)

C + inline assembly*

Why are you reposting this over and over again, get a life, jeez.

>think pad with stickers
Our girl(male)

I really wish it was true. But it's not.
C++ is just bloated. Not in sense that it's slow and heavy, but 95% of it are half-assed features and legacy you won't even use.
Also Rust is way more modern. It has UTF-8 by default and has many features you won't see in C++ compilers in next 5-10 years if ever. And there is also that security and safety by design that C++ will never have.

Brainlet. C is easy as fuck, it's just not that robust.

Anime website

Attached: 1537675721487.jpg (464x464, 56K)

Spoken as a true POOjeet

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to fuck prepubescent 2D girls.
It's healthy man's desire.

Scala is the only language you'll ever need. It's both functional and OOP, and compiles to JVM bytecode, javascript, and native code with LLVM.

++

movio.co/blog/migrate-Scala-to-Go/

Attached: qOJAKMb.jpg (992x744, 82K)

>but now it's useless.
>Posted on a chinese image board site that heavily relies on C.
Good one.

>tcc
Pretty neat.

ASM

Yes, but gayer.

oof

Attached: 12364L3LB3N154635785F1488.jpg (1024x1024, 136K)

fucking saved

Technology has no gender.

A dragon dildo has no gender, but we all know it's gayer than a regular dildo.

>do the needful sir and install jaba
Fuck off Pajeet.

>dragon dildo is gayer than regular one
Are you some kind of faggot?

No, are you?

Only a little.

kek

Attached: turboslavs321.jpg (985x768, 125K)

The future of C is abolishing it completely

Heartbleed. Majority of all SSL keys on the internet compromised. All ~2 billion of humans on the internet required to change their passwords due to a single mistake by a single programmer using C. That's billions of human beings wasting hours either changing all their passwords or having their money, identities, medical records, and more stolen because they didn't. Having their accounts hijacked. For all we know totalitarian governments have already exploited this to monitor citizens and torture or kill them.

If that isn't enough, how about goto fail? All the IIS exploits in v4/5? Various Windows RPC overflows, WMF overflows, SQL Slammer, et al? How many billions in damages have been caused by stack smashing and buffer overflows? How many millions of hours of manpower wasted cleaning up after these errors? Toyota killed some people because their dumb code overwrote memory, blasting the OS task tables causing the watchdog task to stop getting CPU time, meaning nothing provided a stopgap against unintended acceleration. People are literally dying because we can't fucking let go of C.

C is like saying "forget seat belts, child seats, anti-lock breaks, and adaptive steering! How can I power-slide? I want full control; I need to pump the breaks. People should just drive better, then we'd have fewer accidents".

We've been trying to "drive better" for decades (Valgrind, lint, code reviews, static analysis tools, education, ASLR, NX protection, et al). We still regularly see massive security-smashing epic failures.

It hasn't worked. Furthermore the C standard library has been proven turing-complete for ROP gadgets in the presence of a buffer overflow. So no matter what you do, the presence of a single stack smash is enough to allow code execution, subject to payload size limits and execution time.

At some point we have to admit C is no longer acceptable. Not for libraries, not for drivers, not for operating systems. It has to go.

All the performance benefits ever derived from writing everything in C has been more than erased, by orders of magnitude, by the damage caused from even simple innocent mistakes.

Software allows us as programmers to greatly magnify our impact on the world; we like to think of that in positive ways. But the inverse is also true: thanks to the continued use of non-memory-safe languages we have the power to negatively affect the world on a massive scale.

It is unethical to continue writing code in non-memory-safe C or C-based languages, for any purpose. Period.

Nice blog, faggot.

Steve Klabnik is the coldest of all cold monsters. Everything he says is lies and everything he has he steals.

based and redpilled

this but unironically

>not knowing the other 460 letters
I shiggy diggy

Attached: Spongetron.jpg (512x384, 111K)

Attached: klabni.png (632x765, 165K)

good luck developing something actually physical with javascript faggot

>being to much of a brainlet to follow simple syntax

Attached: 1516360907032.png (403x448, 53K)

>thebaithastranscended

haha ye right, how u gonna get thru SICP without scheme?

>It is unethical
get off my board

>muh bloat

if it's not slow and heavy, what's the problem? i don't agree that much of the language is useless, but if you don't wanna use a feature, then don't use it. if none of the features that are part of c++, but not c, seem useful to you, you probably haven't written anything more advanced than fizzbuzz.

I've had to use some Java when I mostly did C++ prior and I really don't understand why it's so popular. It's just a worse version of C++.
I was trying to execute a system command, and it's so stupid.
In C++ all you have to do is system("command"). You do it in one line.
In Java though?

// run the Unix "ps -ef" command
// using the Runtime exec method:
Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("ps -ef");

BufferedReader stdInput = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(p.getInputStream()));

BufferedReader stdError = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(p.getErrorStream()));
Whoa...

Attached: index.png (225x225, 3K)

I think we can all agree that if the whole world had to run on a single programming language, C or something equivalent would be the best option.

definitively not. better programming languages predate C. CPL, for example.

It's similar when you implement system() in C tho. fork, execv then pipe stdin and stderr to the other end of the pipe then read from it.