Zen 2 is the right buy but it's not coming until mid-2019

zen 2 is the right buy but it's not coming until mid-2019

what do

Attached: small_zen_slide[1].jpg (625x352, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EqQcgwz1hYA
tweaktown.com/news/63355/amds-next-gen-zen-2-cpu-samples-rtg/index.html
eteknix.com/amd-zen-8core-engineering-sample-leaked/
pcgamesn.com/amd-zen-idle-power
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

might as well wait for

>7nm++++++++++++

Wait? Not like your current processor is suddenly obsoleted.

but a meme picture on a mongolian cave painting site told me that a 4 core is useless in 1 year

>i play fortnight on a core2quad

Zen 1, 2nd gen is the right buy. Not buying from kikes mean you can upgrade with ease.

Attached: 1534737506611.png (915x678, 188K)

>intel shitters will need to pay $600 to get in the optimal range
lmao

>2.4GHz

>mid-2019

Probably earlier than you think, the first zen 2 engineering samples are already out and could allegedly reach 4.5 GHz with ease.

Zen 1 engineering samples were out in late november 2016 for a release in march/april.

Intel kikes will be gassed

Attached: 1535199581537.png (388x447, 10K)

delet this sir

>3ghz engineering sample released product could reach 4ghz
>4ghz engineering sample
5GHz boyz, at least it will be more efficient than intlel's 5GHz shitty architecture

You can get 50% over spec without even trying on those early Core2s.

You could overclock the i5 8400 from 2.8ghz to 5.6ghz too if it was unlocked. That's double the frequency.

I will literally upgrade my R7 1700 - B350M combo to R7 3700x - X570 on the day of release. Have at you faggot kikes.

Buy Ryzen Zen+ in the meanwhile, afterwards upgrade and sell it.
Only poorfags and retards wait.

Do you need a new CPU right now? Buy what suites you right now. If you're so worried about whats coming next, go cheap right now and save when the thing comes up. I have a 1600X and bought it months before the Ryzen 2 launch. I don't bother myself because of that. But I do plan on getting zen 2.

Why not simply updating your BIOS ? B350 will support zen 2

my b350m mortar arctic is weak in terms of VRM. Also I realized that microatx is a complete meme so I will just switch to a top quality mobo for OC gainz with minimal harms for years. I had to default every setting due to instability. I don't know why I made the mistake of buying b350m in the first place.

>VRM
It's not piledriver anymore and the node shrink will help a lot too.

No seriously OCing an 8-core cpu really requires above average VRMs, that would be no problem for 1500x or 1600x. Forcing low quality mobo with 8 core CPU will fry them in short time.

You realize those meme x470 etc boards use the same VRMs for the most part? Yet they work fine.

>I realized that microatx is a complete meme
How come? People like small, silent cases. Unless you're a 16 year old who has to compensate for something with size and RGB.

Those small cases are not actually that small, that's the problem. If you want small, mini-itx is the way, not microatx.

I've been using the weakest x370 board from MSI with a 1600x for a year, and then threw a 2700x at it for the lulz, and I'm having no issue whatsoever.

I totally plan on updating it to zen2 next year too.

No
B series are best suited for any Ryzen with

That's for the chipset, the VRMs are the same.

same VRMs retard.

>VRMs are the same
wrong.

>VRMs are the same
Not in reality.

>q3 financial report incoming
AMDrones on suicide watch

Attached: 41945959_571174173318352_8156229855604719835_n.jpg (1080x1080, 97K)

Not wrong.

The top class for overclocking is currently the ROG Crosshair VI Hero from ASUS and ASRocks X370 Taichi and Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming.

Well, overclocking zen+ is pretty much retarded. Consumption just explodes for 100-150Mhz gain, if you're lucky.

but the quality of mobo affects the self-OC functionality. you don't want to fry that shit automatically, so you want to get better mobos. It's simple.

most of the b450s are capable of that. even the shit ones if the vrms are cooled by fans can handle it.

The thing is, even the shittiest 4-phase out there should be able to handle a 2700x on default, if VRMs are actively cooled(no watercooling)
It's not that bad, really. It peaks at 140W so it's within specs of even those shit designs. Sure, component wear is gonna be impacted, but by the time they die, we'll have zen3 on a new arch.

Buy the 2700x?

Attached: zoomer.webm (469x521, 26K)

Who all bought AMD stock when it dipped below $27?

Attached: 1534560246080.gif (358x262, 224K)

AMD can't compete with Intel's jewish supremacy, all hail jewish people, feminist frequency and diversity.

Attached: 1534393764456.gif (404x561, 166K)

I've got no problem sitting on my R7 1700 until then.
Way higher clocks, IPC uplift, memory controller alleged plays nice with even faster DIMMs. Shits cache.

Let's hope that infinity fabric (or whatever they'll come up with) is better than incel's bingbus design :DDddd

>Fucking intel, making me buy a new motherboard with every new CPU
>Can't wait to buy a new CPU and new motherboard, that will show those kikes that AMD is superior
uhhhh buddy

>Zen 2 not comming until next year
>at best it will be equal to coffee lake
>only meme optimizations to look forward to after that
>Intel 10nm will be here by 2020 and blow AMD out of the water again
It's not fair bros. Why do Intel and nvidia always win...

I like to support an anti-semitic company, that's it.

Ringbus is the best bro, I mean with ringbus you get 265 fps instead of 255 with Ryzen, fuck that shit

Attached: 1534376335053.gif (480x561, 227K)

Mhm, and they're kikes because they force you to buy a new motherboard with your new CPU

Attached: 1111.jpg (964x711, 91K)

No, they don't force me. I can actually go on with my entire setup, just change the CPU, or same CPU and different mobo, or just wait for a few years and get newer Zen onto my same mobo. I, myself, chose to get the new Zen and mobo, that's it. Because I want to support AMD.

MORE BINGBUS :DDddd

Attached: Es0Gvnp.png (5098x1500, 2.29M)

With Intel you get 352 fps, 2700x only gets you 331 fps lol

Attached: 15241006322z6uo19egw_5_1.png (619x452, 17K)

Attached: 20181003_200130.jpg (1112x645, 58K)

buy me a newcpu and motherboard, you know to support amd

B350 VRM blows. You'll be lucky to ever see past 4.1 on it, the exact same chips can go 4.4 on an X470

The absolute state of amdrones

You have to consider the die shrink and reduced consumption that will come along, 4+GHz may be possible on zen 2 with those average VRMs

Sour grapes, intelcuck
A socket change a year keeps the goyim in fear

>I'm a huge retard
The issue with Ryzen is voltage. The chips hit 1.5v to sustain their peak XFR clocks. The voltage is what hits VRMs hard.
Zen 2 parts don't have the same voltage/clock scaling.

>Zen 2 parts don't have the same voltage/clock scaling.

I think you forgot the citation, good sir.

Learn how transistors work, kiddo.
Power reduction with a node shrink comes from the lower drive voltage.

buy r3 2200g and wait.

Voltage scaling have essentially stopped a number of years ago. Learn about threshold levels.

>being an even bigger retard who has never seen a power curve for any CPU ever
Stop trying, dipshit. CPUs hit higher clocks with lower voltage because smaller transistors need less to switch reliably. This hasn't stopped or slowed down at all.

>9900k stutterfire almost $700
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAAHH

Attached: 1528292848450.jpg (811x1024, 223K)

based 2200g

Wait if your minds made up. Watch ebay for a cheap NH-D15 if you are itching to buy something.

Develop a sense of patience like a mature adult instead of reacting on instinct like a base animal.

t. still using a 4.4Ghz X5650 til the motherboard explodes

Zen 2 isn't coming at all.
The only thing on the roadmap is 7nm Rome CPU which is server grade, and also workstation GPUs

Get 9th gen intel in a few weeks and you'll be good for years to come

gay retard

Lol no. The only thing stopping even cheap VRMs is purely heat from the current. I bet you almost all of the components are good up to 1.8 to 2.2v. If you stuck some industrial heatsinks and fanned them they would do just as well as high end boards with their meme gaymur heatsinks

Lisu SU has the keynote of CES in January, Q1 2019 is possible if they pull a SEGA saturn on us

Just Wait™

lol

the state of intel fanboys, lmao

Nice arguments

For the most part, all the high-end boards have x370/x470 chipset. So if a board has b350, you can be pretty sure it's mid-range(and that includes features such as VRMs).

>Zen 2 isn't coming at all
LOL

Exactly, it's called Epyc Rome and even that is unconfirmed

LMAO

the STATE of kiketel propaganda LMAO
>9900k $700 in Europe
rip in pieces

Based

Attached: fa4.jpg (720x693, 35K)

€595, EUROBROS
LOL

Attached: 1538589136826.png (769x147, 11K)

The b450 boards are pretty much all the same as the b350 stuff with only different stickers, most of them have doubled 3 main phases. I'm quite happy to put the 65w cpus in them, but the 90+watt "X" are probably at the comfortable limit at stock without overclocking. Still going to put an R7 3700 into my b350 if it's got 16cores.

That's not entirely true, some manufacturers like MSI have beefed up the VRMs in their b450s.

it seems you haven't seen MSI's tomahawk.

youtube.com/watch?v=EqQcgwz1hYA

For Intel's 10nm...which is actually 12nm

which is bigger than TSMC's first gen 7nm.
Intel lost the process advantage (and it's beautiful!)

delid

>Zen 2 isn't coming at all.
Source? All I can find is confirmation of 2019 Zen2 release. We even had the first ES with a 4.0Ghz base clock and a 4.5ghz boost.

tweaktown.com/news/63355/amds-next-gen-zen-2-cpu-samples-rtg/index.html

Just for a reference, early Zen1 ES clocked as low as 2.2 base, unless I am mistaken.

Attached: main-qimg-228719bf02db6eec062211f826a587e6.png (602x338, 196K)

I think the first Ryzen ES chips had a 2.8ghz base clock.
The user you're responding to is a shitposting troll. Don't engage idiots like this.

>I think the first Ryzen ES chips had a 2.8ghz base clock.
eteknix.com/amd-zen-8core-engineering-sample-leaked/

Eteknix article from 3 years ago says 3.0ghz with boost disabled. But they did up that by a good 0.4ghz by release and boost up to 3.9-4.1. We should be able to see something up to 4.9-5.1ghz by release. With the additional 10% IPC uplift by arch improvement alone that mama Sue promised, it'd probably be on par with the 8700k. Probably cheaper, too. The 9700k might put up a bit of a fight, but at TR price range, the 3950x will be better binned, higher clocked and overall a better platform.

In general we know very little, which is odd considering how much zen1 was leaked. All we know from the leak is it's at least 4ghz and 8cores with confirmation that IF works over the PCIE slots to discrete cards, like how dual slot EPYC works.
I'm still hoping for 16cores, now that XFR2 actually works it means no downsides to more cores.
In the long term I hope this is all part of the GenZ master plan. I can't wait to be able to plug in main memory into the add in slots instead of shitty dimm slot interfaces.

do you want to know how I know 6c/12t is optimal? because its not included in your gay picture

8 cores per CCX????

>bragging about buying 2 CPUs and 2 motherboards in a 2 year span
holy shit what the fuck user

The first actual ES anyone saw anywhere was the string ID appearing in the Ashes of the Singularity bench, and it was a 2.8ghz chip.
pcgamesn.com/amd-zen-idle-power