Why is 999$ considered expensive for a smartphone ?

Why is 999$ considered expensive for a smartphone ?

Attached: 1*ws_meTstXJGGmNbTSkUyKw.png (1024x683, 1.27M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qARozmOb9PY
nytimes.com/2014/12/21/nyregion/MTA-targets-manspreading-on-new-york-city-subways.html
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-pocophone-f1
flickr.com/photos/tehjiapin/32551880030/sizes/k/
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because Indians can't afford that

Feminist BTFO

This. I never really get the point of calling other people poor for not being able to "afford" an expensive phone. In my country if you work minimum wage at a full time job already in one month you'll be able to buy the iPhone XS.

It's like 30$ a month extra don't be a faggot and enjoy azjng tech

Based alpha goober.

Because $500 smartphones do whatever they do faster and better (see oneplus vs samsung/iPhones).

It's still a very financially irresponsible decision for an adult, we have to be able to budget money wisely as buying shit we don't need will fuck us over in the long run (see americans with multiple credit cards that can only afford to pay minimums).

Because it is a complete waste of money, and it signals that you make irresponsible choices in life.
An iPhone doesn't serve as a status symbol, and it doesn't offer anything worth that much. Just name those features which can justify it, I'll wait...
A forethoughtful person buys a phone within a reasonable price range and put the rest of the money away for unexpected expenses, holiday, etc. I still have an old Galaxy Ace 3, and I don't even plan to replace it until it dies, because it can make phone calls, send messages, has internet connection, has an alarm clock and a few essential programs like an organizer, music player... This is everything a phone has to do.

>Because $500 smartphones do whatever they do faster and better (see oneplus vs samsung/iPhones).
[citation needed]

youtube.com/watch?v=qARozmOb9PY

Not only is it faster but it remains fast due to having more RAM thereby significantly reducing reloading of apps and gives you a ton of headroom for app cache generated over time.

Yes, anything over $200 is mental retardation at this point

>multicore benchmarks

Do single core benchmarks, you faggot.

Lol ye, look at me taking up as much space as possible so I can inconvenience other people for absolutely no reason!

I sure owned all the feminists

It doesn't matter anymore especially since apple has been confirmed at cheating at geekbench and have overheating/thermal throttling issues during sustained loads. In the end real world performance is what should matter to you and all these $1,000 phones fail at it.

Because they will launch a new one next year and stop supporting it. Leaving it with security flaws and other bugs. Want it fixed? Buy the new one! Just $999!

delusional indian

$200 is overpriced for a smartphone.

Is this what happens when you take Ultra Male Vitality?

Attached: 923478543.jpg (700x719, 63K)

Okay m8, whatever you say. I repair android/iPhones for a living and that's my take on this whole thing but what do I know right? It's not like I handle different headsets on a daily basis fixing hardware/software problems on them the average mouthbreather is too arsed to look up on google.

*handsets

Smart people invest money in things that will make them more money.
They might spend a fraction on a phone they like, or a tv or whatever, but the bulk of their expenses will be stuff that makes them more money in the long run.
And spending your entire paycheck on a phone while looking like you yourself just crawled out of a dumpster isn't going to improve your career.

>for absolutely no reason!
Cuck with no balls detected...

>smartphone
No, thanks.

Attached: nokia-1100-mobile_1908.jpg (450x500, 19K)

Alpha as fuck.

Attached: download.png (204x248, 7K)

Will I get three qt girls sitting next to me too if I start sitting like this?

nytimes.com/2014/12/21/nyregion/MTA-targets-manspreading-on-new-york-city-subways.html

Why do people take the few people with retarded debts and pretend that is the norm for everyone on this board? I can easily buy a $1000 phone with straight cash. I have no real debts (I use a credit card that I treat like a debit card for that sweet credit score gains and more buyer protection) and I easily put on at least 50% of my biweekly paycheck into savings.

Not wasting your money is ALWAYS a good idea.

I think you might have ball cancer, you should look into that.

Its fine if your boys need room, but this is just obnoxious. If a liberal had the same shit eating smirk on his face as the guy in the pic, you'd go off

How is it a waste if you use the phone daily and want a high quality device with top tier screen and a great camera? You can spend $1000 on the note 9 and use it for 5 years.

Because there's absolutely NO reason to paying for smartphone when you can spend all the dollars in KFC

NO NO NO OP do not listen to these people! You are supposed to buy a thousand dollar phone every two years with a 2-year payment plan! I mean it's only like a cup of coffee every waking hour of your lives, what are you poor? You don't want to look like a poor person do you? You should buy these things to prove you're not poor.

Attached: 1532181063167.png (439x290, 44K)

This

You can get a device with a high quality screen and excellent camera for much less than $1k.

That said, it's really a function of how much you use it, and how much money you make. If I made $300k/yr, buying a $1k iPhone every 2 years would be next to nothing.

If I made $34k and opted into Apple's payment plan where I pay $55/mo and get a new phone every 2 years or whatever, that's a pretty poor decision.

Because all you need it for is browsing the internet. You wouldn't buy a Ferrari to drive to the shops

>Paying $30 a month for 2 years with no interest is bad even though you were going to stay with the carrier

The absolute state of poorfags on Jow Forums

I'm assuming you mean buying 2 year old flagships which is a valid counterargument. I just recently bought a note 9 because I make 75k a year, pay $500 a month for every single bill, and have no debts of any kind so for me, it is pretty affordable but I'll prob never do that again if I'm going to be honest

Because I'm a poorfag who earns rubles in a shitty job and also I'm an alcoholic.
My disposable income is just enough to eat and drink.

>phone
>great camera
fucking kek whatever you say pajeet

1 year old flagships are ideal.
I paid around $350 for an S8 about 6 months ago. Works wonderfully.

I think the only people who really care are those from a certain socio-economic background, where having the latest iPhone or Samsung is really a status symbol, since your peers are living 3 to a room and eating toast sandwiches for lunch.

I wouldn't say that $1000 is expensive, but $1000 for a phone that is 5% better than last year's phone and will be replaced by a 5% better phone that costs $1200 the next year is just plain stupid. It's funny that so many people here brag about being able to afford their stupid purchasing habits.

because it is

Nice counterargument. The best camera is the one on you and phone cameras are really good unless you want to spend thousands on a big bulky camera and carry around lenses. You'll prob respond with another meme because you're too poor spend more than $150 on a phone so you lash out

Anything over 200$ is not only expensive, but also absolutely unreasonable in 2018 for a new phone. No point in spending more than that.

Hypothetically, if I made an even $20 an hour working a 40 hour week, assuming I got the full amount and there were no taxes at all, I would be spending 50 hours of my life paying this off, while having one whole dollar left over. Meaning: over a solid week of full time work, all for something I'll be pressured to replace next year. Yeah, fuck that.

I'd rather buy, say, 20 weeks worth of food. Or half of an old, shitty car. Or a new, useful computer that will last me several years. Or a pair of massive TVs. Or just save it for retirement or something - fuck, I dunno, just something I might actually get $999 dollars worth of use or enjoyment out of.

I use a $50 phone right now, which does everything I want. Is there anything this new one can do my old one can't? Something I might actually consider useful, that is also worth the extra $950?

>Lol ye, look at me taking up as much space as possible so I can inconvenience other people for absolutely no reason!
>I sure owned all the feminists
Yep.

Bcuz it is not much better compated to a $200-300 smartphone.

Because it does almost the same as a $250 smartphone, and the only aspects that improve with the price extra are not the main purpose of the device. Quite simple.

diminishing return
a chinkphone will do 99% of what you need to do, phones are a status symbol that normies use to show off. for 1000 dolaroos i'd rather buy a mazda miata

ITT: poorfags trying to rationalize why they are poor

>imagine being so poor that you decide to buy a 1000$ phone to feel rich
>imagine being so poor that you brag about it on an anonymous image board

We don't have metro or whatever here, but when I take the bus, I have to leave my legs mostly like that becuase I'm 1'85m and I have kinda large legs.
Having the legs like that on a metro is retarded, yeah, but if you are alone and nobody is getting pissed at you then there is nothing wrong with that.

>Paying for your personal surveillance device

Attached: 1537932281873.jpg (777x777, 233K)

Because $160 already got you a good smartphone for the last 5 or so years now. 2-3 years if you're on burger special bands.

The only thing you don't get is the "best" camera (sucks anyhow as compared to DSLR/MILC) and bragging rights - apps all run fine and the other components (GPS, GLONASS, gyro, temp sensors, IR,...) are good are reliable.

Because the average laptop and desktop are cheaper than that and infinitely more powerful.

>he thinks he isnt being scammed when paying $1000 + monthly service plan for a device that makes phone calls

My kyocera duraxv lte does everything your phone can do and better.

most 'expensive' phones are used by officecucks or poorfags.

>imagine being so poor that spending $1000 on a phone means you're bragging

Totally man. Let me spend thousands on lenses and another camera and carry that around because the potato lense on my shitty chinkphone can't even take decent pictures in the middle of the day

It’s still not a bad idea to take a 0% interest finance on a phone. I can also decide how to pay it to.

I can decide next month to fully pay it off, I can trade it in a year to upgrade or pay off the remaining loan. Don’t lump poorfags that can’t afford to pay off a $1k phone at any moment time because phone leasing exists

>he thinks phone cameras take good pictures
oh bless your soul you clueless innocent youngling

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 61K)

None of the chinkphone cameras got any particular trouble during the day.

And also, you can easily buy a reasonably decent APS-C for going with a $160 phone ONCE instead of the $1000 phone. It'll be better than the next four+ generations of smartphone anyhow unless magic happens.

They do. Look at the impact phone cameras had on the dedicated camera market. Only poorfags that buy chink phones who can't even afford a proper camera or professional/hobbyist photographers buy anything more than the camera that came with their phone. Show me an example where a proper camera BTFO the pixel 2/note 9/iPhone X so hard that it is worth spending thousands on it and carrying around something extra.

See

See
It doesn't cost thousands. It costs some hundreds (let's just say $800 although that is already like $200 above the A6000 with a matching APS-C Sigma prime lens) and smartphones won't be able to match that for the next few generations anyhow.

Meaning you'll save $800+ when you do your next phone upgrade or replacement.

>Show me an example where a proper camera BTFO the pixel 2/note 9/iPhone X so hard that it is worth spending thousands on it and carrying around something extra.
Really depends on the use case.

The point is that phone cameras are pretty good for most cases. Good enough that it's not worth buying anything extra unless you are a professional or hobbyist.

Exactly. No real answer

if you make under 50k a year your budget for buying a car should be $2,000.

>you can afford to spend 2k$ on a car every 5~ years or so
>spending half your car budget every 1-3 years
>ON A PHONE
>WHICH IS DESIGNED TO BECOME USELESS AFTER 2 YEARS

they only have an impact because it dumbs everything down as much as possible and still the average person does not know how to take a proper photo.

Just google "Canon 5DS photography" then google "camera phone photography" for yourself, you wont even see the full potential of the cannon photos unless you have a 4k or 8k monitor, kiddo.

This. Buying anything outright is dumb if you can get 0% interest on it to spread it out instead

It isn't.

Attached: 1516757807971.jpg (800x2500, 799K)

>taking out financing
>ON A FUCKING PHONE
>THAT WILL GO BAD AFTER ABOUT 2 YEARS
holy shit goyim are fucking cattle

> Good enough that it's not worth buying anything extra
Yes, if the attitude is that it's good enough, you can surely deal with a $160 camera:
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5

Want muh Sony sensor regardless? Okay, that's fine at $300:
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-pocophone-f1

See the sample shots on either linkage.

But yes, if these are somehow not fine yet, THEN you're far, far better off getting a camera for the rest of the difference to $1k+. It just slaughters the best phone cameras and will do so for the foreseeable future.
flickr.com/photos/tehjiapin/32551880030/sizes/k/

If you aren't using a sub 200 dollar phone for at least 3 years you are doing it wrong.

same, i bought a note 3 mid-2014 for 200$ and it's still on par with most midrange phones, i've replaced the USB port twice, and the camera module once. Now that the bezel is very dinged up and the OLED is starting to get some burn-in from youtube videos,only now am I thinking about getting another phone. If good third-party batteries were still plentiful and the screens were easier to replace I could go on using this thing another 2 years at least for

>having a family is just a status symbol
Okay Shlomo

I do this, but then it's just a glorified memory stick/internet browser/thing to make phone calls with a camera attached I never use. What the hell do people even use $1000 phones for?

Because their components+R&D aren't worth half of that. Companies like Apple can sell phones at this price because their cattle will eat that shit up without thinking twice.

they use them for the same stuff you do except they're expecting the highest performance, but much like with PCs, unless you're doing graphics/video rendering/intense gaming you probably won't end up using the full power of the device. Plus There's a lot of downsides to buying the newest flagship from apple/samshit.
>costs half a car
>you could be like the note 7 owners and have your device shut off because they didn't fix an issue
>battery life will probably suffer because flagships focus more on pushing the limits of specs and adding new gimmicks
Your best bet is either
1. Buy a new to 1-year outdated midrange model.
2. Buy an older model flagship and root it to delete the samshit and apple bloatware, improve battery life, take advantage of the higher support for custom roms and wider range of accessories

You can buy a fucking laptop for $300. I understand the the parts are smaller therefore more expensive but jesus fuck $1k is a lot for something that'll only last me a few years

You don't know what it's like to have balls. Stop marginalizing men, man-hater.

Because I don't feel comfortable walkin around with $1000 and all my contacts, info, etc etc in my back pocket every day.

that's how I view smartphones, can I afford to lose X amount and spend more moey for another phone if I misplace/lose it etc

Do you live in somalia, user?

>no interest

Your payment already have a fixed interest.

Because the iPhone 8 was $699

I don't understand pic related
or maybe my balls are just small
wait... doesn't balls goes under between your legs when you sit?
this shouldn't be a problem

Let me guess, the inflation rate

ZERO PERCENT INTEREST YOU FUCKING RETARD IT LITERALLY COSTS YOU NOTHING EXTRA KYS

which is the best smartphone with a 4000mah battery up to 500$?

> with a 4000mah battery
Pretty damn meaningless metric even if you assume the voltage is 3.7V (but it could also be rated at 3.6V or whatever), you still need to contrast it to the power consumption of the chipset and display.

Better just look up battery life test scores on gsmarena or wherever.
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

If you want to power devices that are NOT the phone but external things, get a power bank instead.

Because it costs less than half to actually make the damn thing

Because you can get a fully functional desktop computer for 1/5 that price.

Men literally have to sit legs open due to leg to hip attachment angle, any man that has a large frame DOES have to spread wide. Though wide leg spreading and exposing the vulnerable genitals is actually a dominance gesture it's rarely done and it's at a much wider angle than so called manspreading.
t. takes up a whole 2 seat bus seat at optimal leg angle

Because you can do the same thing with a 400-500 bucks smartphone. (like xiaomi)
And in my country, 1000 $ is monthly pay

Attached: rttpoymwdihs.jpg (349x677, 98K)

Buy one get one free Note 9
Fuck lol

I think it's expensive since I have never spent more than $350 CAD for a phone, and mine do everything I want.

you are ALL fucking wrong.
any phone over $300 is pure profit for the jews at the top.

figure to have 4, 6, or 8 core processor running at over 1 Ghz

4GB RAM

256GB eemc storage

+ wifi and LTE

+ hd screen

+ nice camera

nice ROCK64 or ROCK64PRO setup... hell ever raspberry pi...

totaling

That's just the parts of a finished product, but you forgot R&D that non-chink companies have to do to get better products out in the first place. Chinks just copy that after and skip the R&D cost but someone has to do it and the cost will come out of consumer's pockets eventually. If no one pays it, no one gets it. Bigger brands also spend money on marketing on the side but I don't like to think about having to pay for that as well.