/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics card pairing.
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.
>For Win7 in Ryzen, refer to pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1 (embed)

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>Wait for 9700k - Almost surely best for 1080p gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than current GPUs. Just a marketing gimmick to rip off idiots
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 for lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous thread
More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: noctuainline2.jpg (769x767, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/R29gCb
pcpartpicker.com/list/cf2WyX
pcpartpicker.com/list/GHrtr6
pcgamer.com/the-differences-between-ddr3-and-ddr4-ram/
pcpartpicker.com/list/bHDhGG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for needing at least 48 phases on your mobo for stock ryzen cpu

Attached: 1537747146870.jpg (1280x720, 418K)

>he didn't get a Taichi on sale for $170 this week
Maximum pleb spotted

i actually have a x470 taichi tyvm

I recently created this list for my new PC: pcpartpicker.com/list/R29gCb ,I can't spend much more, would you change anything?

>it only have 4 phase power
a-user...

>help a friend build his PC
>remember the hell that is cable managment
>want to show him good practices

help

You don't need a MVMeme, get a regular SATA.
2x8GB RAM would be best if you want to play unoptimised games. 2x4GB if you can hold on.
Could save a few more bucks on a MSI Mortar if you don't need WiFi.

cable management has never been easier user
be glad you didnt do this shit before the dfi lanparty days
just get a bunch of zip ties and bundle the shit up

Unironically watch YouTube videos together.

Use the stock cooler and get 16 GB memory. At the very least get 4+4 gb sticks instead of a single 8.

Which one should I get Jow Forums, a used 1050 2GB for about $80 or a brand new 1050ti 4GB for $160? The price difference is insane and it's driving me crazy

Attached: 1538312753531.jpg (599x396, 34K)

What do you play?

drop the nvme for a regular sata and put the extra dosh towards a vega56 or less shit ram

The Gaming 7 is superior to Taichi

>If you're so smart surely it's not hard to find just one source that says putting that CPU into that motherboard is not safe?
>not safe
I could get you a shit ton of articles like that if motherboards didnt have safeties that turn shit off before you get to literally set your pc on fire.
Again for the last time person who can only shitpost and can't read.
Shitty low phase motherboards will deliver shittier, less stable current. Thus you will not only need to use more voltage for the same clocks, but it's less precicse, so you get less of an overclock and both your CPU and VRMS will experience more heat.
If you don't care about using a lot more voltage than you need to, if you don't care about getting actual decent OC on your CPU, if you don't care about needlessly raised thermals, if you don't care about longetivity and stability degradation based on what is mentioned above. Go ahead get a shit motherboard because you can run it for 120 seconds on a mediocre OC with a shitty motherboard.

4 phases is fine for a 2600

4+4 was what i was going for at first, but I was told i should use a single 8, about the stock cooler, the guy who helped me said i needed to buy one + some adapter. was he a fag?I don't need WiFi, something else i should know before choosing the MSI Mortar over the current one?

I'm planning to play AC Odyssey and Doom when I get a hand on it. I'm content for playing games in 1440x900@30, but I'm afraid with 1050 the 2GB memory can hurt the performance on newer games.

Is a 750 watt PSU enough for an overclocked 8600k and 2080?

It's a 80+ Gold Corsair PSU, so it's a decent 750 watt PSU.

get 1000 w titanium psu

4gb rx560

But if youre gonna spend $160 just spend $200 and get an rx580/1060

what monitor for gtx 1050ti 4gb? for games like csgo, l4d2 and rocket league. thanks

They are more or less the same. But you pay more for the ASUS board because of the integrated wifi.
If you plan to add another 8GB RAM stick in the near future why not. But you will benefit from dual ranks.
About the cooler, many come with the adapter. Check for AM4 compatibility when you get a cooler.
And yes, your friend probably is sucking massive cocks.

If you get 2 sticks of ram you can put them in dual channel and get higher bandwidth which theoretically has an impact in some applications. The stock on Ryzen is pretty good. The Cryorig is better but I'd use the money on better memory instead. You can also save on the SSD if you get sata.

In here both 580 and 1060 are $260, which is bullshit

You will have a more futureproof material with more memory that is sure. But as this point see 1080p75hz

i figure heres the only place to really ask. are those gaming chairs by clutch, dx racer and the like any good? i have a 50% off voucher for chairs so im considering getting one.

I already own this PSU, if it's enough I'd rather not spend more as in I'm a wagecuckm

Dual channel* not dual rank ffs. My bad I always confuse them somehow.

Alright, thanks

whats tricky about it? just cable tie everything together and call it a day

yes. also being "corsair" doesnt make it decent. if its an rm x its average.

240hz models. since you have a 1050ti i take it your poor so probs like a cheap acer one

no
try to peddle that shit to some dumbass who wants to buy those dumb chairs
get a fucking ikea chair like the rest of us

jokes on you. i actually have that and not the taichi

Order on Newegg if you are in the US.

>try to peddle that shit to some dumbass who wants to buy those dumb chairs
i guess. i have an ikea chair at the moment actually and was considering the chair for a family member. i find it odd that every streamer seems to say theyre good though and apart from the sub $100 ones they all seem to get pretty good reviews

Since 560 is more expensive here I guess I could try with 1050ti
Unfortunately I'm not in US

Needs more fans

only good 'gaming' chair ive sat in is the triigger 350
it actually has proper lumbar support that isnt some piss weak flimsy plastic or a stupid pillow that moves around
costs a lot but imo its worth it if you care about your back, much like getting a good mattress is worth it
or you can just get a cheapo ikea chair like suggests

theyre either sponsored, never sat in a good chair or just dont give a fuck and close enough is good enough

Why Nvidia when AMD bundles with waifu keyboard mat.

Attached: sapphire rx580.jpg (1920x963, 221K)

This I don't know a single person who owns a gaming chair and it wasn't given to them. If you really want a good chair there are good professional rehabilitation chairs.

pcpartpicker.com/list/cf2WyX Is this a good build? I think I could do with a better case

What's the point to overclock to boost value when it can boost itself to that value?
Is it to push all cores to that value or to have a more stable Boost? Or something else of course.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9aLzkvNzQ5MDYxL29yaWdpbmFsL0JhdHRsZWZpZWxkLTEtRlBTLTEyODB4NzIw (709x531, 38K)

god damn i wanted this mousepad so much. damn you hongkong or chinese taipei, wherever it was

>$320 for a RX 580 in 2018
>8GB of ram in 2018
>Ryzen with 2666 RAM
>Meme glass case with shit airflow
Is this a fucking joke.

Here you go salvaged your awful build for the same price pcpartpicker.com/list/GHrtr6

singapore iirc. i went there on holiday in june and was frantically searching for one for a few days under the guise of 'checking out the markets'
fucken sucks that it wasnt released in the west

what is actually the best color of the new noctua fans. I know you can get dif colored rubber things but you can change them right what about the actual fan they have afue colors.

boost only pushes one or two cores to that value

>What's the point to overclock to boost value when it can boost itself to that value?
Higher boost or higher overclock than the boost or all core overclock instead of boosting only certain cores.
It depends on how you overclock.

Can confirm this cute anime girl came with my rx vega 56

Attached: IMG_5289.jpg (4032x3024, 2.24M)

and of course its literally impossible to be found anywhere even at exorbitant prices

brown ones tend to be better thermally. apart from chromax they tend to denote different things

brown - normal editions
grey - redux
-black with dark brown -industrial
-black with all colors - chromax

No homo but love you guise

Attached: 1537218799327.jpg (480x960, 77K)

is that a $1 pad?

Even less

Actually I want a autumn version but that's for CPU which I already have.
Well, sakura version is okay too.

ikura?

huh?

>I could get you a shit ton of articles like that if the problem actually existed

how much

Free it was literally free

err come on its dif colored plastic I doubt it effects performance.....

I think im going for a all copper cooler build so I guess I should pick fans that match copper the best.. which might be brown or black I guess?

but if I get black noctuas why don't I just get another cheaper brand that's only like 1db louder for same performance..

conflicted starting to question if changing color theme was a good idea for them.

yep i was willing to pay out the ass for either of the mousepads but couldnt find shit. really put a downer on an otherwise great holiday
on the plus side it did motivate me to get a custom mousemat made of my waifu

>err come on its dif colored plastic I doubt it effects performance.....
not sure if youre retarded or trolling, but the colours are used to differentiate between their different lines, not actually affecting the product itself

>err come on its dif colored plastic I doubt it effects performance.....
its a thermal material you retard. it makes 1-2 degrees difference

get a12x25 if you're in doubt

chromax run hotter

the redux line has same components as does the cromax matey. not sure about the "industrial" line or what ever

but fairly sure the redux and cromax are just dif colored plastic.

the redux cooler line just uses black paint rather than nickel plating to make them cheaper and performs the same for instance or is it diff for fans?

wtf you literally telling me the coloring in the plastic effects temps.

you sound like a butthurt owner of high fiber poo colored fans

they would run hotter due to different blade profile/fan curve and not that its dyed a different colour

>make a strawman statement of :"Show me articles of motherboards letting your CPU blow itself up"
>Well, hardware manufactures don't let you do that, but what does happen is that you lose performance and longevity on your parts and
>HAH, can't prove me strawman wrong, can you huh, though so, looks like I win again

>doesn't realize that if you used a stock cooler or no cooler on his CPU it wouldn't blow up because again hardware manufacturers have safeties in place
>but lets ignore all the performance issue with that kind of situation
>by same logic, everybody is fine using a stock intel cooler on their high end CPUs

Yeah I am done talking to you shitposter.
Hope somebody who actually wants to build a new system got some useful info from me, I'm out.

cry more faggot

Attached: 1536871414864.jpg (266x266, 53K)

Actually it's still available in Thailand.

any online retailers? id pay for it to be drop shipped

just go there and grab one then fuck a ladyboy. come back home double happy

Well, mousepad doesn't came with CPU/GPU but sent from local distributor after you send them a proof of purchase. You need to stay in Thailand for that.

when are the new intel cpu coming out ?

June 2019 hopefully.

i was told (at least in singapore) that the promotion had ended earlier in the year

Few weeks, unless it gets delayed again.

Skylake refresh with 8 core + solder? Few weeks.

Actual new nodeshrink and possible new architecture? Almost a year from now, hopefully.

yeah true, i might try it

which supplier? any links. im sure with enough money i can arrange anything

What model of GTX 1080 do you recommend? Being quiet is important.

Goddamn that difference between the 1060s
Might as well get the 1050 ti
What a piece of shit of a game it's not even ultra

Attached: 1 (1).png (1240x698, 338K)

>he difference between DDR3-2133 and DDR4-2133 was negligible in a number of applications, ranging from Handbrake video conversion to half a dozen different games. DDR3 was slightly faster about half the time, and typically only a few percentages points separated the two memory types.
pcgamer.com/the-differences-between-ddr3-and-ddr4-ram/
Article is from 2015, but does this still apply to today? I don't want to upgrade an entire machine to take advantage of DDR4 if it isn't really that great of an increase.

>i find it odd that every streamer seems to say theyre good
Sponsored. DXRacer in particular is a very known offender of this: literally hands them out for free to streamers in exchange of advertising on how oh so good they are.

get one with 3 fans, theyre all similar. or liquid cool it.

Look for one with an external fan and some rubbery tubes on the side.

the game itself is a piece of shit no matter which card youre running, just look at the 2080ti results
this was at the second highest settings and only 1080p
game is a fucking dud

>2080ti barely gettin 60fps in 1080p
wtf, this game legit looks like bootleg russian copy of witcher 3

pcpartpicker.com/list/bHDhGG

What do you anons think of this build?
I am using old parts from my previous computer, such as hard drives and the graphics card. Probably going to wait till black Friday to get the parts.

they should compare ddr3 4000mhz to ddr4 4000mhz. too bad they cant. not even ddr3 3200mhz.
why would you be upgrading a machine just for new ram? that seems pretty odd

If you buy 2133 ram you're retarded

I didn't buy a GPU yet thinking about getting a Ryzen APU instead desu
GPU market is a clusterfuck
I believe with ultra it would.

your cpu/gpu will be the determining factor on whether you should move to a platform that requires ddr4
i upgraded last month only because my crappy old q6600 would bottleneck any modern video card at 144hz and the best available upgrade for ivy bridge was still insufficient, hence new cpu+gpu+ram

What I did but with a 1070ti: the literal cheapest I could find, and have a Raijintek Morpheus in transit.
Really, if you want quiet you go custom, either air or water.

Attached: morpheus.jpg (5472x3648, 2.88M)

Why get 2133MHz when DRR4 lets you aim much faster?

Attached: MemScalingDual.png (1326x1140, 50K)

Mexibro here, finding out whether or not this is a good place to buy my first build
ddtech.com
I have planned a 1060 6gb + i5 8400 build, it will cost me $1100 USD, with 16gb ram, 2tb hdd and 240gb ssd, and a nice power supply.
Am I getting shafted? Any fellow mexicas could give insight on the best way to buy a pc here?

Attached: Fellow National.jpg (1300x866, 110K)

new ryzen apu coming out soon so might wanna hold off if possible

ok now show it with a game that isn't 5+ years old

This is making me regret getting the 3GB version, but then again, I don't play "these" types of games. By "these" I meant, games designed to make older hardware obsolete by ramping up resource usage due to the latest gen's certain video card maker's funding requirements. Aka total sham of a game. I don't call these games, but rather promotional software.

Instead of building computers, you should BUILD WALL.

Attached: file.png (613x711, 74K)