So Linux is toast, right? Will something else move in to fill the void? Or will the devs walk it back?

So Linux is toast, right? Will something else move in to fill the void? Or will the devs walk it back?

Attached: theyself.jpg (220x391, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qFLhGq0060w
youtu.be/miO8DPjSf78
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The advisory board where have been enforcing code of conflict are the ones who will enforce the code of conduct. If you see them misusing the CoC, the problem is not in the CoC, but in the advisory board.

linux is fine
triggered Jow Forums snowflakes are just throwing tantrums at the idea that the rules theoretically prevent them from saying "nigger" or "kill all trannies", even though none of them were contributors in the first place

/thread

what an ugly "person"

>So Linux is toast, right?
Maybe, but it will still chug along for years before the code quality degrades too much.
>Will something else move in to fill the void?
We don't know yet. On the desktop/mobile it may end up being Fuchsia.
>Or will the devs walk it back?
Who knows? But I wouldn't bet on it.

What a bigot.

I agree. Assuming personhood is discriminatory.

linux is not toast, there's too much corporate money reliant on this kernel for them to just let it die
and there's no real reason to think it will degrade from this point onwards, what this CoC means is that developers can get fired if they state publicly something that offends SJW's
the point is not to destroy linux but to make the idea of getting fired for political reasons more acceptable for the masses
I'm still switching to OpenBSD

go back to your contaminated boards in shithole countries

I tend to agree. Linus in his BBC interview said that he's not going to stop calling a spade a spade and tolerate pajeets he just doesn't want to be associated with nazi goyim.

>the point is not to destroy linux but to make the idea of getting fired for political reasons more acceptable for the masses
if you don't believe this, read about CoC beacon
the point is to make the absolute max number of projects compliant with this CoC, to be able to fire through anonymous denunciation any contributor that says something """"offensive"""" in public at any point
"transgenderism is just a sexual fantasy"-> banned
simple as that

Plan9 is good

>Can't call people trannies outside of Jow Forums
Oh no. The horror.

>trannies baiting and trolling
>out of anger slip
>RED ALERT!! DEF CON 4!!
Those faggots are going to abuse the CoC.

Attached: 4e5.jpg (625x626, 56K)

This. The people complaining about this are the same ones that think firefox is shit because the devs are all SJW.
Just because you disagree with the devs' political ideology it doesn't mean the program they are making suddenly becomes shit.
Linux will be fine from this.

yeah im sure the mentally ill people will be really responsible on who they ban and for totally good reasons.

>So Linux is toast, right?
Wrong.

I don't like tranny SJW's but pls take your shit back to Jow Forums. Or even better, to /ptg/

hello shareblue

hello stormfront

>it talks like Jow Forums
>it posts like Jow Forums
>it reeks like Jow Forums
hmmm
wonder what it is ? go away user, you are not wanted here, you can post mildly political stuff but this is literally just a Jow Forums pasta you posted
stop it

>Fired for a heated coding moment

YEAH I HERD LINNY DUN QUIT MAKING LINUX CUZ TARD OF THAT SHIT. hurry an get your last available copy at best buy now folks.

>Trannies didn't abuse the GPL to force Linus to cuck himself
They're handing out armbands, and getting ready to goosestep all over the linux kernel.

You'll be back. BSD is crap.

The Code of Conduct is just the foot in the door, these people won't stop at just that, they'll keep pushing for more, and they'll never stop.

Expect the following in the near future:
>Removal of "potentially harmful" words (master, slave, etc)
>Forced inclusion of mentally retarded trannies (positive discrimination)
>Commitee of fish-slits to oversee the Linux community to make sure they obey mein trannyfuhrer
>Expansion of the CoC to include all users, not just contributors, legally binding agreement
>Mass exodus of Linux users to BSD

keep crying, shareblue

soros paid you lately? heard there was an issue with him reneging on his promises

It's actually okay, the only annoying thing is the quality of drivers
it catches wifi signals from a higher threshold, so given that I'm quite far from my router I can't connect to it consistently with OpenBSD
other than that it's pretty good

(samefag)
Keep crying, stormfront.

no comment on soros not paying his dues then? fair enough, tranny, youll probably kill yourself before long anyway

you're tiring user, I'm the one who posted just stop screeching/shitposting and post intelligent stuff instead, don't be useless

Attached: de15df26e9bf61c4f5672a08dc60a50b.jpg (499x481, 27K)

First post best post.

But you will continue screeching/shitposting?

Can you faggots fuck off, and just make out already?

bsd

God, I so badly want to take a baseball bat to that cunt's ugly, smug face.

b-but kill all niggers and trannies !
seriously, this is bullshit. I don't care who participates, I don't want them to get the position because they're a (((minority))) but because they deserve it.

>Soon lincucks will be monitored for toxic behavior on their OS
Feels good not falling for the FOSS meme

Attached: 1522857700847.png (637x588, 18K)

Attached: 1499937154562.png (1058x503, 289K)

I want zoomers to leave

NuFox is objectively much much worse than anything pre-v56

How you can actually defend them removing addons, taking user choices away in general and forcing SJW messaging onto the users is beyond and reasonable person that's not from leftypol like yourself

Hello, Shariablue.

Attached: 1512428500242.jpg (772x198, 53K)

jealous that an ugly man in a dress & bad makeup made a better code of conduct than you could

Trannies, sjw's, fags, commies and all degenerates will be gone in less than 10 years. Don't worry about the coc or any other cultural marxism bullshit.

you fucking nigger, you really are desperate to be a massive pain in my ass aren't you ?
I used to have Jow Forums as my main board you immense faggot, but when I decided to switch to Jow Forums it was to insulate myself from the absolute mind-wrecking but still true and correct rethoric of this board
so when I go to other boards, I stay on topic, and even if I am a Jow Forumsack at heart I don't screech like a fucking retard to annoy everyone on the thread
why ? because unlike you I can connect two brain cells and I know that the reason different board exist is for different topics to be discussed
so when I want to race-bait, shitpost or complain about minorities smelling weird or being obnoxious I go to Jow Forums
when I want to discuss seriously the influence of the plague that is leftism on FOSS, I participate to the relevant threads in Jow Forums
but I don't call everyone a Jew or shareblue or a glow in the dark, because this is Jow Forums speak and it's only for shitposting effects, I want to be able to discuss seriously here, and here you come, with you single digit IQ, name-calling everyone and resorting to even more name-calling when they tell you to stop and go to a board where it's normal to do that
and when you're getting tired of name-calling, you don't make an elaborate post, no, you literally just post a FUCKING SCREENCAP of someone who explains that people who want to be left at peace in a blue board to discuss calmly are leftist scum
but YOU are the one using retarded minority rethoric " boo hoo the mean anons on Jow Forums don't like me calling them niggerfaggot jews and derailing the tread"
you're not a victim, you shitpost and derail threads everywhere you go
and when we tell you to stop, you shitpost even more
FUCKING KILL YOURSELF AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'M NOT SHAREBLUE
I'M NOT A JEW
I AGREE WITH YOU FOR GOD'S SAKE
BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP POSTING LIKE THIS

Attached: 87313-full.png (272x204, 67K)

B-but freedom...

>/tv/ is too far left
>Any board on Jow Forums is too fat left

While I agree with this sentiment, my issue is less with the CoC itself, and more about the people behind it and what it implies.

The CoC has already been used to punish someone for private behavior outside a project who was not in any capacity acting as a representative of said project: Larry Garfield.

The problem with a CoC is that it's unnecessary. Very few FOSS projects (if any), particularly the ones that are actually legitimate, would tolerate the kind of misbehavior outlined in the CoC within the project before they adopted the CoC. The problem I have with the CoC is that it seems to serve a purpose of punishing people for what is essentially "wrongthink" outside of the project itself, under the guise that that person is at all times a "representative" of the project. This would be less of an issue if what constituted a violation of the CoC was less broad. As it stands I could totally fathom a reality in which someone gets kicked out of a project because on their personal Twitter they stated a pro-Trump sentiment or something, or questioned transgenderism or something, because to the kind of people that are pushing so hard for the CoC, that kind of speech is tantamount to emotional violence, which is equivalent to physical violence.

I've been using the latest Firefox for over a year now, and I've still got add-ons, and haven't seen any "SJW messaging" anywhere. What the fuck are you on about?

Please do your research. A code of conduct was not used to punish Larry Garfield.

Not explicitly because he never directly broke the CoC, but in spirit it absolutely was. That's why there's all the repetitive chirping about the "Drupal community's core values". It's the same thing. The argument was essentially that while he didn't explicitly break the CoC, he did so in spirit.

youtube.com/watch?v=qFLhGq0060w
soon

>Will something else move in to fill the void?
btw i use void

My point still stands that he wasn't punished for code of conduct violations. The witch hunts and chirping about "values" would've happened with or without it.

I don't know why I always need to explain this but code of conducts don't enable abuse, people do. The code of conduct is there so mistreated folks (like Larry Garfield) have something to point to when abuse does happen. The concerning part in his case is not that there was a code of conduct, but that the project leadership choose to ignore it and carry out the abuse anyway.

I'm trying not to be blackpilled too hard about this, so I would say no.
fpbp indeed.

I have my hopes in the community because Linux is (or should be) synonymous to "freedom". The 4 essential freedoms, the freedom to choose your OS, the freedom to use that OS in any way you choose, the freedom to use whatever software you can on it, etc.
The CoC is directly in opposition with freedom, and as such, should be shunned by the community. I couldn't tell you a number but a sizable amount of people disagree with this, and I'm not even talking about here - if people didn't have any problem with it you wouldn't be banned from posting about it on Jow ForumsLinux.
I'm currently trying to not be too concerned about it even though I actively protest against it because in the end these """people""" don't have control over everything - they like to think they do, but if they were to add some backdoor botnet that reports every time you say the word "nigger", a fork would appear that has this feature completely removed, and if not, you could very well remove it yourself as well.
If, in some theoretical situation, that feature was completely entrenched and almost impossible to remove from the kernel, other operating systems would be moved to and subsequently have their support increased due to the increased interest.
So even though this CoC is bad news, it's not the end of the world - at least yet.

>Mass exodus of Linux users to BSD
You don't know how much I want this to happen. Maybe OpenBSD would get some TRIM support finally. Theo seems based as hell, and he lives in my province too.

>Based

Attached: David bowie HANG URSELF.png (350x297, 274K)

MS-DOS just went open source. If Windows 3.1/95/98 go open source, expect a massive exodus by both normal users and industry.

Enjoy getting black listed from all open source projects forever because you made a tweet that your support Kavanaugh. CoCs are entirely about being yet another authority figure they can report people to in order to silence political dissenters, just like how they report people to their employers and schools.

If you don't want to be black listed then try not openly supporting rapists

Prove to me he's a rapist

He raped me yesterday

Kek

Dude, this thread has already been posted over 100 times in the last week. It's getting old. Don't you have anything better to do?

sage

>Expects better of Jow Forums

Attached: IMG_20180926_225815.jpg (680x680, 115K)

CoC + Linux

youtu.be/miO8DPjSf78

>fuchsia
>integrated botnet

>>Soon lincucks will be monitored for toxic behavior on their OS
>Feels good not falling for the FOSS meme

Attached: i'm crashing this server with no survivors.jpg (500x1386, 122K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, Contributer Covenant/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Contributer Covenant plus Linux. Linux is not an inclusive environment unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning CoC made useful by the inclusive standards, emphasis on diversity, and anti harassment components comprising a full safe space as defined by Coraline Ada. Many computer users run a modified version of the Contributer Covenant every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of the Contributer Covenant which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Contributer Covenant, developed by Coraline Ada. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the community they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of a social justice mission, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the Contributer Covenant: the whole system is basically the Contributer Covenant with Linux added, or Contributer Covenant/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of Contributer Covenant/Linux.

Attached: 1518684800305.jpg (400x300, 22K)

/thread

Firefox is shit tho, and went to shit after the SJWs.
Bad example.

>hurr gamergate isn't /v/ related

Attached: 268zj7.jpg (645x729, 26K)

>removing addons
because they had to in order to improve security. Firefox still has the best extension support out of all major browsers.
>taking user choices away
example?
>forcing SJW messaging onto the users
I've never seen this. Could you give an example?

Yeah, fuck the whole meritocracy argument, just strawman that your opposition is some Jow Forums boogeyman. Way better than having to argue the actual issues, right?

Attached: 1528990960676.jpg (225x255, 38K)

Found the tranny

Linux is a kernel, it isn't and has never been a meritocracy

>it isn't and has never been a meritocracy
[citation needed]

Way to weasel your way out

what did xir mean by this?

Citation is that Linus is BDFL and makes all decisions. Literally not a meritocracy by any stretch of the definition

As far as I can tell the community is still meritocratic, please point me to this announcement that says this is no longer true.

He judges people by their merits, in this specific case: the quality of their code.

>Linus is BDFL
So what? So he's the only one contributing to the project? If he's not, what criteria is being used to determine contributions other than Linus' then?

>As far as I can tell the community is still meritocratic
Nope, apparently it isn't. See and the reply chain.
>please point me to this announcement that says this is no longer true.
See above.

The opinion of some faggot on Jow Forums holds no weight, I don't suddenly change my opinion just because one of you losers said that it's now post-meritocratic, either post an actual proof or fuck off.

>As far as I can tell the community is still meritocratic
[citation needed]

>one person controlling the whole thing & judging everyone else on an arbitrary concern
Not meritocracy. Literally a dictatorship.

It isn't post-meritocratic either.

This. Much more than just this as well. People who think this is no big deal are ignorant.

>muh slippery slope argument
sorry i forgot that change is bad, and any amount of it is equivalent to societal collapse

>I'm still switching to OpenBSD
OpenBSD voluntarily(?) began the process of CoCing itself yesterday when it proudly shouted to the world that it was now on Twitter. This is also the beginning of the end for Theo and company, although suddenly deciding to join one of the central hubs of social justice activity suggests they may already be compromised in some way.

stop posting pics of that hideous FREAK

Codes are judged based on their merit, not the person who wrote it, I see no commit messages saying things like
>merged this code written by an african because we need more africans in our community
Now's your turn, what makes you think it's not meritocratic?
>arbitrary concern
The criteria with which he judges code are a matter of public records, just because you're shutting your eyes and ears and yelling I can't hear you over and over doesn't make it not true.

Yeah, because we have absolutely no working examples from recent memory that might add credence to his list. Absolutely none of the things he said are based on recent events, and are entirely hypothetical.

Attached: 1517470634674.png (476x477, 256K)

>Codes are judged based on their merit
Incorrect, see

>Not meritocracy. Literally a dictatorship.
Not mutually exclusive dipshit. Don't you have some white men to scream nazi at?

Calling it wrong without providing anything to back it up is pointless you retarded faggot.

Calling it wrong without providing anything to back it up is pointless you retarded faggot.

>>Removal of "potentially harmful" words (master, slave, etc)
This is the only one that's based on reality, the rest are just his hysterical fantasy.