Alert

I didn't even know this was going to happen and I was just listening to music and after I get a win on Pokemon Showdown I just hear a huge BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and I nearly shit my pants.

Attached: ny-1538524395-s7oku2otx1-snap-image.jpg (1400x1050, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fema.gov/emergency-alert-test
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I JUST GOT ONE AGAIN. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON STOP

Clueless New Yorker

Okay is there a way to turn this off? Package disabler maybe? What processes does it use?

I never got one, I'm on a flip phone.

>MANDATORY PRESIDENTIAL ALERTS
>Land of the """Free"""

Attached: 1495845024334.jpg (618x911, 73K)

Yeah I’ve got a big package for you right here

I actually didn't get one at all, and I heard my friend's phone go off for it. I have a signal. What gives?

It woke me up :(

based

Help I didn't get one

Holy FUCK that was freaky, every single cell phone in the office went off at the same time.

>turns it off
>nuclear blast in distance
>a-at least the CIA niggers can't catch me :^)

You will be deported shortly.

Attached: Other_Johnny_Test-Johnny_Test.png (293x462, 29K)

zzzz.. zzzz.. BZZZZT BEEEEEP BZZZZT BEEEEP BZZZZZT BEEEP. OMG HALP! oh.. what? wtf. Just beep once you fuck. I was having a nice nap.

Attached: That is not right.gif (500x484, 1.76M)

The way I've disabled them on my OnePlus 5 is I went to the messenger app (the one that receives SMS) -> Settings -> Emergency Broadcasts

Attached: 1514878209968.jpg (1440x1440, 234K)

The network is absolutely compromised.

>tfw it still went off even though I disabled it
botnet online

Attached: 2018-10-03 00.05.39.png (1440x2560, 187K)

>EU-Alert

I'm white and I was born here. I'm just a poorfag loser but to be fair all the good phones are fucking expensive not to mention the shitty price data plans they force on you

Not in my country :^)

>Presidential alerts are mandatory and cannot be disabled
>There is however a workaround in the settings app
Welp.

At least you don't live near a nuclear power plant that tests it's emergency klaxon sirens every way.

Put your phone in airplane mode

Thanks based Terry, but don't worry the cia won't find you...
wherever you've gone off to...

Attached: 1519778335486.jpg (1000x800, 74K)

I'm a eurofag so idk.
What's the difference between a presidential alert and an emergency broadcast?

at least you don't live a town that uses that shit as a fire alarm
>waking up at 3 in the morning because some idiot somewhere left their oven on

Umm... I dodn't get it on my phone.

>people actually getting ass blasted about some presidential alert
No one was ever this mad about an amber alert

>implying it will be a test next time announced in advance

>leaving your phone on loud at night time
>not having airplane mode on at night

I was sitting in a restaurant when everyone's phones started going off, it was kind of spooky.

It's seems like the same thing.

Did you respond to the wrong post or something?

This is all just prepping. Trump's presidency itself was just prepping. It will get worse from here.

YES I HAVE AND AMBER ALERTS DONT FUCKING PING EVERYTHING IN MY HOUSE 3 TIMES

>What's the difference between a presidential alert and an emergency broadcast?
You get notifications of POTUS tweets instantly

I didn't get the message. Using a Verizon Note 9 with a straight talk plan.

So this is Trump's backup plan for when he gets banned from twitter...

Oops, didn't read the post you were replying to and assumed you were talking about the emergency SMS system

Things are about to start getting really bad, aren't they?

Attached: 1513371717336.jpg (600x600, 84K)

This, you literally have no idea of how bad things really are

I didn't even hear the alert. I always keep my system volume off

we had got a message in school saying it would happen, everyones went off then like 5 minutes later mine went off and i had them disabled.

they sent it out over a 30 minute period fema.gov/emergency-alert-test

If it asks to update carrier settings, you're on a government list.

Freaked me the hell out. I woke from a nap, tossed my kevlar and racked my AR. Ready to round up some long nose tribe. Then I saw it was just a test. I mean good I am ready but still kinda sad.

Attached: knights_of_badassdom.jpg (660x276, 44K)

>This, you literally have no idea of how bad things really are
How bad are things, really?

You have fucking stuff somebody can grab your attention like this on your phone? You're doomed.

Unchosen.

Ok so I had 3 phones setup for this. My main, wifi only, and dead but otherwise no wifi and no sim.
I blocked it on my main by editing CellBroadcastReceiver, xml file with True/False values for alerts.
Weirdly though, I didn't get it on my wifi only phone either. I have a theory that, since most alerts are configurable through the messaging app (amber and weather), that you need the messaging app enabled/installed to get the alert. I don't have it on my main nor wifi phone due to using a different app and having no service respectively. Can anyone else confirm using a different messaging app and not getting the alert?

>twitter would exist without trump in 2018

I only got 1. Its not a big deal

my phone it seems tied to the messaging app just like when i get amber alerts, but i checked my grandmothers obama phone and its not in her messages.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-03-15-25-38.png (1080x2160, 84K)

>everyone getting this assblasted about a test alert
>w-will drampft send mean things to my phone?????
>d-does dromptf control my phone now??
>wtf.... is this 1984????????
the system for this has been in place for years now you oxygen-deprived downies, there was just no reason to test it (and there still isn't but it's better to see if it actually works)
and imagine unironically blocking all emergency broadcasts because you don't like your meanie cheeto president

>message from drumpf on my phone
Ugh

So if I completely disable my stock messaging app and use a different one it should theoretically stop the alerts?

>literally what

I have a Galaxy Note 8 with the Google messaging app and I did not get the alert.

good to know

Attached: 3f2286bdfb7882a442f329758cba70c89b38a0df118c66eb1e709f701c8ee101.png (439x461, 13K)

What font is that? very nice

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-03-16-01-21.png (1080x2160, 124K)

No, it's 2018 (and the reason I assume the
test was conducted at 2:18)

They do however use 1984 as an instruction
manual.

>>the system for this has been in place for years now

So why test it now? They know it works for
Amber alerts, and extreme weather alerts, etc.,
so what makes this one different / significant?

Attached: 1531159473177.png (498x496, 712K)

Attached: 1538588340007.png (693x208, 10K)

You dodged a bullet desu.

Maybe, I still in public look like a criminal though because of it.

>there were people who actually believed this and even filed a lawsuit to prevent the test

>9/11 + 6231
>things weren't bad already

bing bong

Attached: Screenshot_20181003-111839_Emergency alerts.jpg (1080x541, 37K)

>imagine unironically blocking all emergency broadcasts
>implying Jow Forumsentoomen wouldn't welcome sudden and unavoidable death

Get something like the Kyocera DuraXV. It's rugged and shit and makes you look a bit tougher.

If whatever it is needs an emergency broadcast, knowing a few hours in advance won't really help

this never happened once, my dude.

only zoomers will get this

8.0.7.l\l.3.7.

But the yuropoors don't style themselves as ""land of the free""

it's just botnet

Yes they do.

BOTNET

hownew.ru

What's the problem? Isn't this supposed to be a good thing? I sure want to know if some dangerous shit is about to kill me.

Imagine how many people got in trouble for having cellphones with them in a place where they don't allow cellphones.

Attached: Its+sengoku+rance+_1cfa5960a004798443bca85d9b969566.jpg (164x230, 18K)

holy shit my town does that too, it always freaks out my friends who aren't from around here. one stayed over last month and the alarm went off and he asked if we were getting invaded.

combine that with regular air traffic because I'm near JFK and it has the makings of a mass panic.

I was on the toilet and it didn't make any noise. probably because I was shitposting here while taking a shit.

Attached: 1511608404428.jpg (414x414, 19K)

But they literally don't, its the burgers that keep trying to tell us how free they are, not the eurotrash. Amerilards talk about freedom so much they don't realise how little they have, you have to admit it's an effective strategy from those in charge.

Europoors are into "muh safety" instead of "muh freedumbs" and Britnongs are even more into "muh safety" but you also have to have a loicense for your knoif.

heh I like the way you think user.

>have option to disable

Land of the free

>be so anti-american you don't live in blissful ignorance

There is no option to disable in manufacturer supplied ROMs, and every other country has the exact same opportunity & ability to install third party ROMs, or to root, to bypass it.

Land of the about the same amount of freedom as most other developed western nations but if we keep talking about it we can convince ourselves we are more free.

If your determination of whether or not a nation is free, is the ability to opt out of notifications, in which, are provided to alert people of an emergency, you're a fucking retard.

Are mandatory alerts also apart of the social contract?

Is being a fucking retard part of it? Cause you're acting like one, fuck off.

Why do Americans get triggered so easily? Such a bunch of salty little snowflakes, on the defensive over the slightest things.

join showderp

You have no idea

>opt out of notifications, in which, are provided
>you're a fucking retard.
This post is almost as iron rich as hemoglobin

Do you?