Seeting a Network

Been working in a small business, so far there is a waste hundreds of hours normalizing spreadsheets, and doing new ones that had been made already in the past. Security is another issue as any worker can mod it, statistics require normalization of data, inventory needs hours of retyping, and many documents are faulty to say the least.

Came with a plan to automate a lot of registries, got approved. The entire programming will be outsourced but I had to get an idea of what to ask them and how the project will develop. Have partly read lots of books on IT, programming fundamentals yet still I feel a complete retard at the topic.

So far for what I understand is that we need a data base system management. A local server as it won't handle lots of space or clients ( < 6 computers right now), so cloud computing or storage is not needed + the internet is weak here.

To solve the security and data quality a program should be used between the client PCs and the Server, the programming language should be .NET because it can last longer as everything is Windows here can other low level language costs more to maintain and mod. They should give us the source too.

>Question here is if its possible to set a wireless business network and if "personal laptops" can connect to it, using the program, while at the same time connect to the office Wifi to keep the Internet access.

Attached: 872.jpg (540x720, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/minimaxir/big-list-of-naughty-strings
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 13573347_757158401053314_1873276498_n.jpg (640x640, 57K)

She is Russian the other is a Peruvian.

El peruANO

la peruANA, retard

Peruvian here, they don't. Most are 4/10 at most. The few hot ones are very hot, though.

>implying it's a female

Attached: 1499562920954.jpg (650x402, 56K)

So this board is pretty useless in term of "technology"? Holy shit, no wonder why you all are such losers in real life. Well guess I have to intimidate the third party programmers to dominate them first and be complacent with technical ignorance.

I told you Jow Forums, about the casual post to appeal the brotherhood sentiment. You raged about the board I came. Then I had to use pic of teens and women to get your attention. Thank you for giving me the big picture, instead of reading books like a benevolent boss and research about to get a fair deal and respectable relationship with programmers... I will have to be an imbecile and bully, as you are no different than lowlife scumbags.

>No A/C in room, make them wait 50 minutes
>Send my hot personal secretary to offer the most horrific coffee and made her ask them to turn on A/C [comfy 12°C from a 25°C, violent change those fuckers will probably get sick later]
>Meeting begins, explain them to what I know
>Send a double agent cleaning worker as an IT worker to interrupting us and saying he needs to reset every single PC
>Rage fuck him verbally, punch the table, say he is no more than a con artist, a fucking wierdo and virgin loser. Get my belt out and make him run away the office, scream him saying I am not the one supposed to be good at "cyber" but him and yet still I know he is a fraud.
>Send my hot secretary in again, to bring me two scopes icecream while everyone else get one
>proceed to explain them why we need to automate process and a database
>ask them to give ideas and solution to our problem, remain in silence
>after they are done, end the meeting and said them we will call them
>analyse the meeting I secretly record and the ideas they said, call another third party programmers do the same
>finally have a normal meeting with a last third party saying the idea and solution the other nerds said and ask for a budget

Attached: 14574100_151977755293384_8422775100494839808_n.jpg (640x640, 64K)

why did you delete it?

Attached: -g- - Seeting a Network - Technology - 4chan 10-3-2018, 8-35-54 PM.png (677x94, 5K)

Oh my

>hast generalization
>resorting to anger
After reading this I have no intention of helping and I bet most won't either. A self fulfilling prophecy.

> A local server as it won't handle lots of space or clients ( < 6 computers right now)
The fuck, of course it can do this without any issues. But your problem is that you seem to have no one who can handle a DBMS. That makes using one probably worse than not using one and dealing with files that you at least understand instead.

I see around 100 warning signs that you should get someone who has done IT before. Your own level of understanding is nowhere good enough to even run a home server for a family. You should not manage ANYTHING on the technical / computer side of this project.

My fault user. Its a pure fiction of my frustration as no one helped me. I do not resort to violence and anger in real life, in fact paying taxes and practising ethics has cope my professional career.

That said
>Question here is if its possible to set a wireless business network and if "personal laptops" can connect to it, using the program, while at the same time connect to the office Wifi to keep the Internet access.

Sorry for trolling you, using cringe generalizations.

Attached: kohen01.jpg (453x669, 68K)

Sure, automating things with software or even just a spreadsheet embedded script is surely a good idea, People shouldn't handle repetitive tasks computers can do.

>So by reading what the third party should do is a DBMS, but the characteristics should be indicated.
It's a possible way to store and deal with data. But you seem to have no one present that can handle a DBMS directly.

If there's any problem with this magic black box you're creating there, I guess you get to enjoy nobody getting any work done for hours or days.

> there will also be a second phase so any sort of "business intelligence" software can automatically report/alert/find eventualities, indicators, or issues
If you want to hire people with low qualifications you're better off making that same low qualified staff implement this in Excel instead.

But sure, you can also do this at bigger scale hooked into a DBMS and so on. I just hope you find a company / permanently hired programmer skilled enough to not fuck the software or the IT side of it up.

Even more if you're looking among poorly qualified Windows-only admins.

> If this also works, there will be an open position for maintenance and modification.
You better hope the company you hire to do the software does a really good job at it, else you're going to have a problem with bringing in someone to maintain it well only after it is finished.

Now I'd say get someone else to manage this project who can judge what is done well rather than just "hope" it's done well.

To be honest, the first meeting is schedule for tomorrow. It was a risk to take, its either improve the company or my firing. The directory got more hyped than expected things let to another and before the day ended the owners were already not only approving to do it at any cost, but also pressuring for more details.

Tomorrow I wont even name the Q of computers the local server must handle, as you pointed out it was obvious.

Thing is that I am scared to ask the technical team for a wireless local server without comprising internet access, and be looked as a complete retard. So is it possible?

As for the faults and technical issues you can there will be a two week simulation so they can change small issues or requirements. [=

Attached: índice986523542130.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Thanks for the advice, already calling a guy with IT experience to talk tonight, and to lobby for the position to be open as soon as possible.

What aspects should I seek on the interviews? What makes you say, "this is the guy" other than CV, which everyone can bs.

If I were you, I'd focus on the normalization and data verification for a good while now.

Whether you also try to paint a grand vision with business intelligence and reporting and so on is your thing, but you should definitely get more help before that, you wouldn't see a project death trap coming if you were already standing on it.

>Thing is that I am scared to ask the technical team for a wireless local server without comprising internet access
It is easily possible to not route the whole network or part of it to the internet (and also not vice versa).

But your shop sounds like one with staff that can't handle this because there is no button for it in the web interface of the router in question.

So you know what you maybe could do? Buy a $20 access point. Don't connect it to the internet, but just your machines. There, you got a not internet-connected WLAN.

Alternatively, just ask for a computer that is only accessible through a VPN that gets logged. It's not like anyone will easily break into a computer only reachable by VPN with a good password or 2-factor authentication (Yubikey thingies impress some bosses, maybe you want these as the 2nd factor apart from the password?)

Love you man. Won't mention the BI until this first change is complete. Thank you.

Figures I'd trust to a good extent that our universities here filtered out a lot of the worst people [we don't have diploma mills, people are generally okay or good if they passed STEM degrees] and then trust my experience with the subject matter.

I also prefer very Linux/BSD-capable people on the IT side of things.

But yea, you'll probably have to figure out what works better in your locality. Can't really tell you how to get good people where you are.

No problem.

BTW one thing you can do when working with external contractors is find the worst fucking possible data to try and enter into whatever fields the software development company tries to provide for whatever web UI or spreadsheets or desktop GUI they produce, such as:

github.com/minimaxir/big-list-of-naughty-strings

Half the cheap programming contractors fuck up their work at the "verify your inputs" stage already. If you find this only out when it's already in production, there's usually hell to pay.

(((((((((he didn't))))))))))

wtf are you on about? you want separate networks because you can't trust pajeet to implement access control on your shiny new app?