So, how was your first few days at college? I'm in early 20s and just joined the meme CS degree

So, how was your first few days at college? I'm in early 20s and just joined the meme CS degree.

>50% of guys look like they have never touched a girl or lost virginity
>10% are girls that I have no idea what to think about, most 5/10
>40% guys look like normal/smart half matured men that are actually interested to learn

>that one long haired guy who is like 5'5, skinny and looks like he crawled out of cave. The Jow Forums manlet

>that one red short haired girl that is 100% LGBT feminist type

>a lot of men wearing skinny jeans and fold up their trousers so the ankles are out (the fuck)

>first three hours of discrete maths and we already covered 14 pages of expressions and did our first prof, what the fuck (probably where most will fail)

>programming professor says we are learning C++ as programming language and doing programming exercises in it

pretty much feels like we started in 6th gear and every professor told us it's only going to get worse in 3-4 weeks and that we better study our asses off every day or we are going to fail no matter what

Attached: 1529588190520.jpg (709x595, 156K)

>6th gear
I don't know how to tell you this user...
I think you may need to drop out

It's not that hard really, just different tempo that I'm sure I'll get used to, since I go over stuff every day and learn until I can walk around problems/topic in my head and discuss them clearly. To be honest I'm enjoying this workload.

> feels like we started in 6th gear
I had the same feeling at the beginning.
Just stick with it, don't let that discourage you. It does only get harder, but you also get better, way better.
At the beginning I had to study hard, but then I learned what to study and what to ignore.
You will become better at ignoring the right things.

Do all exercises, don't read the papers/scripts.
Only read the material to get an overview and to look up specific stuff

Why would I not read papers/scripts? Discrete maths are something I'm going to go over a lot, since it's a filter subject where a lot of people are going to fail in first semester. There are old tests, etc.. uploaded and script to study from, if we don't go to lectures, but I think the faster I go through discrete maths script, the easier it will be when I'll take classes again and could ask professor things that I didn't understand.

Everyone learns differently, so do what works best for you.

But I just finished my masters with great grades, and when I compared myself to other students, I always had the impression they were doing much more work, with little gain.
This is how I did it:

I attended most lectures and solved most exercises, but I never read any of the additional course materials.
The lecture would provide a good overview over what is important and the exercises thought how to use it in practice.
If I couldn't solve an exercise, I did look up the terms and the topic in the script.

So I only used the reading material to lookup very specific stuff, I never read through it.
For me, reading all the material would have been a waste of time.

I see, ty for advice.

C++ for your first language is stupid. it should be python, then c, then any other language

u should get an associates in cs and try to find a job then. school cs is outdated and you will probably be hired as a web dev anyway

>tfw went C then Java

>> 36 year old, 1st year CS student
>> 20y old female QT with daddy issues being real friendly
>> courses easy as fuck in this meme degree

life is good.

Attached: 21z0u6.jpg (530x423, 28K)

cuffed pants with no-show socks are in, sorry your baggy-ass jeans dragging beneath your heels aren't cool.

>30 yo boomer
>1st day of M.Sc. in E.E.
get on my level faggots.

It should never be python. Syntax doesn't translate as well as Java and c# along with no oop. Python Monty memes and spacing won't help with c++

master's don't count, you know that.

>21 yo physics senior
>found undergraduate reserach
>everyone is nice as fuck
>no sjw bullshit ever discussed; only heated arguments are physics related
>lets me do whatever I want, results and outcomes dont matter
>"you should work with us after you graduate!"

Attached: 1521735724149.gif (500x549, 475K)

Happy for you, Renge-chan.

I'm learning my first coding language i have 0 tech experience and i keep seeing people saying python is a meme.
On the other hand a lot of articles and websites say it's easier to start with python to get a basic grasp on what programing entails and then moving on.
I'm so fucking lost i just started learning python so i don't wast anymore time.
>tfw living with the fear that i am making a horrible mistake that I'm fully aware of.

Attached: 1AE3C57C-1609-4313-86C1-369ADB36B4EC.jpg (267x356, 26K)

You sound like someone in my physics class.

I came to college after being in the military for a few years. I had already thought that college was a bit of a meme, but I had no fucking clue.

>75% of freshmen choose their major based solely on how much money they'll be able to make, regardless of their interests and capabilities
>25% of students drop out by second half of sophomore year
>most underclassmen only care about satisfying their holes
>women turn into the worst sluts imaginable, compete with each other for dickings
>have to take like 40 credit hours of gen ed credits
>lib arts classes all talk about Hegelian dialectic, Marx and diversity regardless of their supposed topic, sacrifice all depth for some breadth
>uni rips students off at every point they can, from housing to food to colluding with textbook publishers to fuck students with shit like clickers and online editions of textbooks
>insane tuition fees go into making new buildings instead of renovating facilities like bathrooms or keeping lab equipment certified
>tuition also supports thousands of retarded staff positions like diversity departments

I could go on, but it's really pointless. The only reasons to go to college are a piece of paper and a job network.

Have you considered busting you ass and seeing it through? Once you become a god at programming in one language and relevant full stack (name resolution, network, database, 3rd party APIs, website, app, backend, etc), shit like learning discrete math becomes trivial as fuck. Your ability to think in abstractions will grow in ways you cant even comprehend today - if you do this difficult thing now. Push yourself into the uncomfortable zones especially and learn the fuck out of those areas. I mastered my electives like DSP and advanced information theory, so when someone comes to me with a question regarding video encoding algorithms or best compression technique for a particular job, not only can i give them an answer, i can justify it with a deep and thorough understanding of the topic. I could go on stack overflow and probably answer a solid 30-40% of the current outstanding C# questions without even using a 3rd party reference, just having mastered that language and a having such a deep understanding of the related abstractions gives you this godlike power. Please try for it, if you make it to unicorn mode, only then will you fully understand what im talking about.
>Above all else, ignore the fuck out of your peers and classmates. They are put there by people enslaved to the jew and you will fall astray of the sacred path of enlightenment, which can only be accelerated by laser-like focus and a complete elimination of all outside distractions.
>Make sure you fucking exercise too, you fat fuck. Its good for learning and processing information.

Get in tight with the red head girl and learn to right code of conducts. You will always have a place in CS.

>first few days
>I'm in early 20s
my sides, gl with the job hunt boomer

if I have a math degree can I do a masters on computer science? what do I study to not be behind on class?

could be worse, imagine if he were a postgrad in his late 20s or even early 30s

If you're just getting into tech, Python's one of your better options. People will shit on it, but there's a lot of support for python in the industry. Data science tools heavily favor python, games use python, and python is great for coding challenges where you don't want to deal with language quirks.

And once you learn fundamental concepts in one language, it becomes very easy to learn another language.

If anything, the reason why people call python a meme is because of how easy to use it is.

Don't worry. Learning any language will put you above all who just meme on others for trying to improve themselves.

Now this is some fine shitposting

Im doing advanced diploma in mechanical engineering (mechatronics as well - only 4 extra units) and my gf can't believe how much work I have to do (she's a lawyer). Im pretty sure it's the same first 2 years of a bachelors anyway

First 4 weeks in the CS class and all the cool kids only talk about vidya.
How am I gonna make friends Jow Forums? No one in my class seems to be interested in ricing their desktops with cute girls.

>ricing
What did he mean by this

"Styling and customizing the look and feel"

>Meme degree
Have fun sucking pajeet cock in your code monkey sweat shop

it refers to the way chinese people mod their shitty cars (hence 'rice')

We do not have pajeets in my country. We have darkies but they are usually unemployed.

>That autist in your Java class that gives the Deep Freeze school computer a loli wallper every day
>Walks into class every day visibly dirty like pigpen
>Has hair that is clearly untouched since he got out of bed
>Cuts off professor mid question to ask obvious questions to feel smart
>Browses r/mlp all class long
>Talks like an autist
>Looks like the 'virgin walk' meme
>Pic related
I unironically would be chad there if the class wasn't such a sausage fest
It's always fun watching the number of women in the class drop off instantly after the first 2 weeks. Im in discrete math and I actually think it's not that bad, but linear algebra was really fucking hard for me.
Are you in California user? That's what I did too.
It's not a meme, just teaches bad practices for a first language

Attached: Snapchat-916880656.jpg (720x1280, 197K)

>It's not a meme, just teaches bad practices for a first language
What bad practices, specifically?

The only people with macbooks are LGBT, indian, or muslim

Keep learning Python user. It's used quite a bit now. People just shit on it here b/c it doesn't have
c++/Stroustrop levels of autism to its syntax.

It's good to learn on, and potentially good for a future career.

I remember getting coffee with my mate one day, and his gf
the gf was studying CS. eventually this skinny kid shows up
the kid literally does the gfs assignment for her while we get coffee, i was amazed
CS must have some really kind-hearted students

you're using a language other people don't like

It is too forgiving syntactically for one, which is fine but it isnt good to start out with.

It was easy for me at first but I've started at community college so it might be easier here.

early 20s
>college

is that community college

cuffed pants look like shit and are a bad meme
baggy jeans also look like shit but at least you're not falling for the meme

>fold up their trousers so the ankles are out (the fuck)

Uh, yeah you sound like the one who crawled out of a cave. The tighter the fit the shorter the leg length.

c++ is fine for a first language.

Genuinely can not decide between applying for Maths and Computer Science or just Computer science at uni. I have like one week to decide (Oxbridge deadline) and there's so much conflicting information and opinions online. What should I do?

OP take this is a compliment and teachyourselfCS

>C++ as a first language.
Fair. I think Java or C# would have been a better choice because it's more relevant to today's market, but I think C++ is a good compromise for teaching purposes.

They are both open ended programs, so it doesn't matter which path you choose.

The only thing that matters in your undergrad degree is getting high marks so you can get internships and a graduate job. So, you should choose whatever you think would be easiest (or more interesting) for you.

You'll learn more useful shit in your internships than you ever will at college.

Depends on what kinda job you want. For data science you want to minor in at least statistics.