Lecturer takes 2 hours to explain java classes and what objects are

>lecturer takes 2 hours to explain java classes and what objects are
>no one understands it anyway

Attached: 1527957366401.jpg (236x236, 9K)

Either they are shit at what they do or your class is made up entirely of brainlets. all that matters is whether or not you understand objects and classes.

class = cookies mold
object = cookies

Attached: cookies.jpg (225x225, 8K)

most teachers explain things in the worst way possible. The human mind works best with analogies, which I almost never see teachers use for some reason. More often then not, teachers try to explain technicalities before they teach core concepts.

My 1A teacher used a house analogy to explain objects, and he programmed along side with us. IMO that's how it should be done. He didn't explain what a class was until we got over the first hurdle.

He asked the class something along the lines of "What does every house have?" And the answers went from roofs to thermostats. He later asked us to create another house with the same things mentioned before but with different values, and slowly from there we went into the basics of classes. If your teacher spends more than 30 minutes explaining what a class is, then I would question their legitimacy.

This is what you get for not signing up to India's No.1. java teacher.

Attached: 1533604988225.jpg (1280x720, 213K)

lecturer is bad at bringing a point across.

this, although vaguely, does explain classes and objects somewhat

>durga software
always reminds me of Tower of Druaga

i always use that mold and cookies analogy to explain OOP to non-programmers.

>more than 1100 indians in ONE SINGLE CLASSROOM
imagine the smell

you'll get used to it after 10 minutes

your class of full of zero iq niggers

It's probably an e-class with him being broadcasted. Imagine the image quality btw.

I think it's more a thing you have to do to get rather than taught

Bet OP feels so much smarter than everyone else in his class.

Ah, to be a freshman again. Can't wait for your average-at-best intelligence to get pummeled into the dirt.

True. My teachers never used analogies. Is there a reason for this? I always find analogies very useful when explaining what I do to someone and they understand.

uni daycare
good meme

>lecturer is a hysteric with a motor mouth
>lecture on interfaces turns into him talking about "algorithm complexity" and showing quadratic lines and logarithmic lines and makes no sense at all

Apparently it's called Big O notation, but it seems fucking retarded

Attached: pe.png (177x245, 4K)

bitter braincel

To be fair it makes more sense once you use it.

In my view, university is possibly the worst place for learning technical shit.
You do not learn anything in a class where a prof talks in front of a powerpoint. You can pay attention to either him or the presentation, but not both.
Especially in a field like programming, where theory doesn't fucking matter, and you pick up best practices by actually coding.

There's also the fact that uni profs are mentally addled, I mean seriously, you have to be fucking mentally ill to want to spend the rest of your life in a university. The best kind of profs are people who used to work in the industry, because they're not fucking faggots who want to teach you about shit like Big O Notation or Database Normalization, like it matters outside of their dumb little class.

Attached: 16f5f161fde5ff6dbdf5b227b2c83088.jpg (235x206, 9K)

What’s wrong with Big O notation and Database normalization?

Big O notation is pretty fucking important to learn in the context of computer science.

Stop spending time on Jow Forums, put your dunning-kruger away, and pay attention in class.

This is a terrible way to describe classes.
At best you could say your tray is a factory, but not much more.

A better comparison would be a recipe to cookies, you make cookies (instances) based on the recipe (class).

But this is Jow Forums, not like i'd expect you lot to know anything about programming.

Teacher here, teaching stuff is a pain. You have huge classes, loads of grading, loads of administration, work way longer then you actually teach. Get complaints from parents and students, are expected to make new material, prepare classes, group world, interactive shit, do additional activities, remain in touch with the kids, parents and colleges,m. Learn new stuff after school,... There is always MORE SHIT you could do but there is no time so in paper you do it but in reality you do not. And you do all this for a low pay check. Gee I wonder why they can not find new teachers :^). But 3 months of holiday dude LMAO.

And then you have shitheads of kids that demand that teacher puts in more effort while they sit on their lazy ass complaining. If you are such a kid go fuck yourself retard.

SPBP