Anyone else's wrists/ fingers hurt after typing or gaming on the computer for so long?

Anyone else's wrists/ fingers hurt after typing or gaming on the computer for so long?

Attached: homem-com-sindrome-do-tunel-do-carpo-e-vestindo-pulseira-talas-usando-um-teclado-de-computador-c83hk (1300x953, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Adjustable-Keyboard-Ergonomic-Standard-Cartmay/dp/B06ZZXNDHP/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1538625908&sr=8-3&keywords=ergonomic keyboard tray
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I used to have this problem OP. It stopped when I changed my mouse, and KB positions to a higher level.

Not really, also I game on based consoles now.

Does it take long to heal

>Does it take long to heal
I started feeling better within the first day. No cramps.

>get carpal tunnel in right hand
>Imma fix it by moving mouse to left side and adapting!
>get carpal tunnel in left hand too

Attached: 1511731885141.png (250x280, 29K)

Flex hands every day. Look up guitar hand exercises and do those once or twice per day. They really, really help and it only takes like half a minute to do it.

what keyboard is that?

Stop typing like Mavis Beacon and this doesn't happen.

no. because I never bought into the 10 finger touch typing meme

Improve your posture before anything else.

Those are for fingers not wrists.

Lenovo Enhanced Performance. Picked one up for 8 euros new myself.

No, I use wrist pads

Had cts for about 6 months. Started with the area between my neck and shoulder being very sore (pinched nerve maybe) and then weakness in my right hand. Then pain and weakness for months on end. Thankfully i only had school and no job but eventually it went away. Used tons of supplements to see if they would help. Still comes up time to time but not nearly as bad. My advice is to fix your posture overall such that no nerves in your neck get pinched. For some people its just genetic and a result of small wrists.

Guys please i need help with my wrists

Yeah my wrists are fucked

I don't currently have that problem, but I'd like to know the best way to avoid it.

No problems after mousepad and special case for laptop
No problems for my hands at all

thanks, user.

No, because I actually take care of myself and set things up properly.

Attached: 1530039885091.jpg (674x674, 74K)

aren't there ergonomic keyboards and mice?

Pease help

Just a meme

Sit straight, type with your wrists in line with your hands, and make sure your typing surface isn't at a height that interferes with the first two things. Use wooden blocks to play with desk/chair height if things still hurt.

yes im literally typing this with the tip of my penis because of rsi

Get a vertical mouse, they look like ass but they are way less cancerous to your carpals.

Attached: 101515-anker-2.jpg (1920x1080, 529K)

blocks your path

Attached: product-86350.jpg (665x750, 75K)

Well your backs about to hurt cause you just pulled landscaping duty.

Anyone elses fingers hurt?

I didn't think so..

Attached: images (3).jpg (400x354, 14K)

So which is best? These or a trackball mouse?

this
and get a good gel wrist rest for both mouse and keyboard, try wearing a wrist brace to get used to not flexing while you type and you will recover quickly

Attached: Ergonomic_Desk.png (569x389, 123K)

Get a wrist rest, they're like $5.

either one is fine as long as you keep your wrists straight when using them

Yes, I've got fucking tennis elbow from years of mousing. Get a bloody trackball mouse -it will help

Adjusting those keyboard drawers is basically impossible. A better choice is buying a table at keyboard typing height and an adjustable display mount/bracket. It will also give you legroom which makes keeping back posture easier.

Do wrist rests actually work?

But seriously guys what helps more trackball mouse, vertical mouse?

Do ergo keyboards help? Should I get the Microsoft Surface Ergo Keyboard?

As long as your chair and desk height are set correctly then yes wrist rests will definitely help - if you're sitting at the wrong height then they could make it worse
personally I've tried the trackball and it was fine but I still prefer a normal mouse for daily use (with a gel rest mat)

wolverine is that you?

S o y, is that (You)?

Attached: 10rzo.jpg (768x1024, 86K)

>anime girl
So you're a gay bear?

Yes. And?

Attached: 10w2p.jpg (1451x2048, 308K)

N-nothing

That's what I thought, user.

Attached: 1536236417790.jpg (673x999, 332K)

no
only genetically failed people have this issue

>chair and desk height are set correctly then yes wrist rests will definitely help - if you're sitting at the wrong height then they could make it worse
What is the correct height??
I've got it set so the arm rests (which are a curve) are between 3mm below and 3mm above the top surface of the desk
mousepad is 6mm thick foamy rubber

I've had this with laptop keyboards, especially a MacBook keyboard I was forced to use at work. With a mechanical keyboard (even a shit Logitech one), I can type for hours with no problems.

>genetically failed people

I literally didn't have a choice with my genes user.t

Look up osu hand stretches. Theres probably another vid but that's the one I know and it helps tremendously

no

Get a height adjustable chair and height adjustable table. I would rather have a table board that has a belly curve than a separate stand for a keyboard like It means I can dive deeper into the desk and have it support my forearms a longer distance. A bad habit is to have a long lasting pressure on your wrists that are leaning against the table edge. Keep your arms deeper in the desk but the desk cannot be too high or you'll have shoulders up for long periods of time. The best height would be about the same as when you relax your shoulders and have a 90° angle on your arm, then rest that full forearm so it doesn't lift your shoulders but also doesn't make you dangle your arms unsupported. I don't use chair armrests, I rather want the desk to cover that.

I have to say I'm not there yet with this ergonomic plan but I'm going to make it happen at some point. I just need a table that can be height adjusted AND has a curve in front. I might have to special order something like that. I also want it to be a big desk, not some mini school class desk. I want to have my PC, two monitors and a laptop all on the same desk.

Look at all of you. You are like little babies

even this image is not perfect. Your wrists and forearms would hurt like hell after a few minutes because you need palm support. Basically these keyboard trays are boomer ad-hoc garbage

If your desk doesn't move, first setup your chair height and arm rests so that you can place yiur elbows at 90 degrees comfortably

Then setup your monitor height so that your eyebrows are in the height of the top third of the screen

Then place feet rests so that the load is evenly distributed through your thighs (as in no pressure on your ass or knees). There should be a 1-2 inch gap between shins and seat btw, so adjust your seat if your chair allows, or switch chairs

Then place palm rests so that your wrists stop hurting. Depends on your hands and keyboard though. Get one of those ergonomic keyboards that have a split down the middle so that your arms are not bending in but just going forward. Also needs to be mechanical and have no numpad to minimize mouse travel distance

stop using emacs

only when its cold

OP I used to have this problem. Im a welder by trade but have been a computer hobbyist all my life. I literally could not hold a glass of water at times from the pain. This all changed after I adopted a ketogenic diet though. Rarely do I experience the flame ups like I used to. Perhaps something you can try.

>you need palm support
you have elbow support
palmrests exacerbate cts due to applying pressure to the underside of your palm while your digits are moving, which is the main cause

For me personally:

Use a vertical mouse which stopped my wrist pain. I'm using one from a brand called "Delux". There are many brands out there and some are shitty

Adjust your keyboard tray. Your shoulders should be in a neutral position. It's impossible to adjust the one that comes from a regular table though. There are products like this

amazon.com/Adjustable-Keyboard-Ergonomic-Standard-Cartmay/dp/B06ZZXNDHP/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1538625908&sr=8-3&keywords=ergonomic keyboard tray

I don't use one personally but I currently use a cheap plastic adjustable table which works for me.

If you're typing a lot, use a soft low-travel keyboard. Your fingers will tire less and they will thank you in the long run.

If you're using a laptop, make sure to use them an hour or two tops. A laptop is naturally not ergonomic and forces your body in a weird and unnatural position. You might end up with all sorts of postural problems in the future.

Does welding really fuck up your hands

Yes, I am a tube welder(boilermaker)so I have to weld what is called "out of position" which just means in unconventional confined spaces with improper form lol. On top of that you have to wear thick equipment which can stiffen in the heat and you have to perform intricate maneuvers while staying steady in fucked up spots. Its like any repetitive activity with your hands and wrist though. Many welders end up with neck problems more than anything.

this
also regular exercise and a somewhat decent diet helps too

had in the past it also due to an old injury from an accident, crushed one of my arms.

However a few years ago I started to go to this physio theripasit guy and he fixed me up. now I have this """pillow""" thing in front of my kb and this mouse mat thing.

However the most important thing maybe is to stretch out all the time which he showed me. Had to start working on my back due to all the typing from both work and home. Started to work out a lot of after this too, but been down for a year now, should get back at it. You need to compensate when you sit on your ass in front of a computer all day, which is not natural to say the least, so then you werk out and you are fine

Anti inflammatory diets are the way to go. I drink some turmeric golden milk at night.Some cinnamon, almond milk, tumeric/curcumin powder, and liquid stevia for taste. Works wonders for inflammation. Once I got on keto I stopped having heartburn or many inflammatory ailments.

What kind of stretches user?

I had scanned it once but I can't find them.

how can I explain this, I think the two most important once is to take your arms straight out with your palms right down and press against the wall so it stretches. You feel it when you do it right.

the other is the other way, that is fingers down this time to but the other sides of your hands against the the wall. hodl till it hurts in both cases at least 1 minute. two reps and do this several times a day, it actually works a lot.

I'm sorry I don't got any images user, it's a bit hard to explain. It starts to help rather fast actually

Ask a doctor

Yep. Carpal tunnel on mouse side and rsi on keyboard side. Only 21

Attached: malur.jpg (621x391, 145K)

I've got ulnar tunnel on both sides and it's ass

Yeah I blew out my wrists from a few years at the keyboard. Got to the point where using a mouse was a bad fucking time. But I fixed it and made a setup around my wrists. Here's the thing, most of it wasn't from gaming, I'm a primarily keyboard bound user.

Got a goddamn M570 and that helped on mousing around. Built an ergodox to minimize wrist motion.

If you got some serious wrist issues look into split keyboards, holy fuck. And if it's too expensive for you look at the used marketplace or just build your own.

My other issue is that I use a keyboard for 10+ hours out of the day. So those nice clicky keys start to wear on my fingers. Moved to dampened 35g Gateron Clear switches and a DSA profile and that's been helping on the finger front.

Also set up a proper place to sit.

Not really

What does that even mean

Stop being wishy washy

not a meme. Those things place your wrists at a natural angle and ever since I got them I havent had any pain.

How

No, you pleb. Get yourself a better keyboard, given that you're spending so much time in front of it.

Attached: ergodox.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

put a towel or something like that between your wrist and your table, and use a vertical mouse

What the britbong said.

my hands hurt all the time use a shirt to boost hy hand up a bit for using my mouse sometimes i have to wear a wrist brace like i am now

I guess from using keyboards. I've done many things that cause these kinds of syndromes over the years but typing's the only thing I've really stuck with.

Get hand braces or get the repair surgery and be more careful next time. I know plenty of mechanics who have had the surgery to repair it done twice from not changing habits.

For those showing symptoms, it's not too late. Look up "gamer stretches" on jewtube or something. They're the same ones that you do in physical therapy.

Attached: 1535456824179.png (513x379, 84K)

Rsi?

all i do is sit around and type and click. At home and at work.
the only time i ever had issues from repetitive strain was when i wagecucked in a warehouse, pressing a resistant, un-ergonomically placed button 1000 times a day for half a year, and then only when i had to do inventory towards the end of my slavery there.
I'm glad i don't have shitty joints and bones. never broke a thing, never tore anything.

Left hand pinky finger with all those ctrl shortcuts. Hurts.

this this this
if your wrists/back/eyes hurt after prolonged computer time YOU NEED TO FUCKING ADDRESS THAT RIGHT AWAY. your body will thank you. it is only in pain because you are constantly putting strain on it and the moment you adjust your workstation to accommodate your body YOU WILL IMMEDIATELY FEEL THE RELIEF.

DON'T FUCKING WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE ARTHRITIS OR A SLIPPED DISC OR NEED MEME COMPUTER GLASSES, HOLY FUCK

used to when i had a shitty dell scissor keyboard at work. replaced it with a Sun Type 7 and it went away, so get a proper keyboard.

I did change habits, but only after figuring out that it's not just the hand being "worn out" from years of abuse.
I didn't expect it to go from no symptoms to RAPERAPERAPE in one month.

Mouse, my elbow feels uncomfortable constatly hitting on the armchair.
Keyboard,after many hours of gayming like some fps.

My wrist star hurting when I have to manually install a lot of software in a computer auditorium, lots of loging in and clicking while standing up, hunched over desks

Attached: 15348268950690.jpg (400x400, 24K)

I used to have this. I was advised to stop resting my palms on anything as I type. Instead, your hands should hover above the keyboard (kinda like pianists do), and you should lever your arm to type. Basically, your fingers shouldn't move up and down at all, they just stay straight as you use your arm to drive them into the keys.

Surface ergo is the best mainstream you can do.
I use the kinesys advantage though, shit is cash, and evem being expensive the price/durability ratio is nothing for a working tool.