/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics card pairing.
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.
>For Win7 in Ryzen, refer to pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1 (embed)

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>Wait for 9700k - Almost surely best for 1080p gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than current GPUs. Just a marketing gimmick to rip off idiots
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 for lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous thread
More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: LGA.jpg (1572x2794, 816K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hardwareluxx.de/community/f12/pga-am4-mainboard-vrm-liste-1155146.html
streamable.com/1q1yd
pcpartpicker.com/guide/dDdnTW/gaming-streaming-and-editing-build
pcpartpicker.com/list/8tdtr6
asrock.com/MB/AMD/X370M Pro4/index.asp#CPU
pcpartpicker.com/product/6jBTwP/gskill-trident-z-rgb-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3600-memory-f4-3600c18d-16gtzrx
pcpartpicker.com/list/6WRMmq
pcpartpicker.com/list/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Leaving this here.

Attached: d3c5f1c3b6bbfde7904ae41509113270.jpg (600x408, 40K)

I updated the more paste for more details about what makes a good cooler for a GPU, and about NVMemes.

Love that PSU positioning as long as it takes air out the side and not the CPU.
I hate the common layout of today of an ATX PSU beneath a full ATX board.

best gtx 1050 out there?

This picture is painful to see

rare computer thread?

Attached: beaver.jpg (400x300, 42K)

I have a BenQ 144 hz 1440p monitor, and an i5-2500k and HD4970 gfx card. Not pulling optimal frames in games anymore. Should I just completely start from scratch? New cpu means new mobo means new ram, etc..

I mean HD5870 for the gfx card. Dont know where i got that other number from

This is a fucking stupid question
Performance wise they're all practically the same but some are low profile and some are fanless so the best is the cheapest one that suits your needs.

>Budget: up to 4,000 USD
>Use case: zBrush, 3D coat, blender, Fusion 360 (Assemblies up to 100 parts)

Local tech stores give me their leftover E-waste for me to recycle. I get a lot of partially broken laptops. What parts should I hold onto, to rebuild a good computer eventually?

Attached: 1534698242329-pol.jpg (620x464, 63K)

are monitors supposed to run hot?
1440p 32in ips monitor, bottom right side runs pretty hot, im guessing that's where the power supply and shits are.

Just finished

Attached: Snapchat-191363671.jpg (1080x1920, 352K)

whats the difference between the:

>MSI AMD AM4 B450M PRO-M2 DDR4

and the

>MSI AMD AM4 B450M PRO-VDH DDR4

the pro m2 is slightly cheaper here but why?

Attached: 97757_3_1533591356_gg.jpg (1000x1000, 624K)

Just take a threadripper 2950x, some 64GB 360Hz kit, a 2080ti SLI, a 1200W PSU and watercool that shit nigga.

Someone find him this site in English

hardwareluxx.de/community/f12/pga-am4-mainboard-vrm-liste-1155146.html

Just built my new pc this morning. Put in my hard drive from my last computer with Windows 7 and I get cmos errors. I installed my motherboard drivers and updated the BIOS.

WHAT GIVES? Do i have to buy Windows 10?

Upgrade GPU, CPU is still fine overclocked.

M2 doesn't have a VRM heatsink and less RAM slots it seems

thanks

You need a fresh install.
As long as you have programs installed on it you will get registery errors.
Back the files you want to keep(installers, images, videos etc), format it, reinstall winshit and you will be fine.

Got an old i7-2600. Ran ~90c under load. Repasted, and now it only gets to high 60's with the stock cooler.

GPU (EVGA 1060 w/single fan) is probably a few years old, and runs at high 70's under load.

Can / should I repaste the GPU?

total noob.

>h440 goes on hale for 50% off right after I get my case

Attached: 1513119020734.jpg (500x375, 32K)

High 70s is probably normal. EVGA's single fan 1060s target 75 degrees as a maximum and ramp up fan speed to meet it.
Repasting it probably wont reduce the temperature, but it will probably reduce fan speed if you've got some quality paste and you apply it right. You should note what the fan speed is under load before doing it so you can see what effect it has.
Just remember, if you're doing the dot or line method you have to be a bit more liberal with with paste on a gpu than you'd think because if you don't cover the the whole die with it you'll get hot spots around the corners.

>360Hz

meant for

I plan on getting this SSD, how is it?

Attached: 20181003_224947.png (720x1220, 173K)

Some guy installed Windows on my hd in return for letting him sleep on my couch so i don't have the windows key

Build me a DAW computer. Has to have thunderbolt 3. No formal budget, low latency cpu power is absolute highest priority.

Do any anons in here own a Corsair 200R? How's the case and temps inside?

Windows 10 basically doesn't need to be activated and 7 is easy to crack.

So i can choose "i don't have a product key" and it will install?

No complaints so far.

I've had nothing but great experiences with samsung

What's a decently priced 4k IPS monitor just to watch anime/videos on?

I might use it for multitasking not sure which one to get. I don't want to spend over $500.

Is 4k worth it anytime near in the future for at least a decade?

Any news on the RTX 2070?
I'm giving up on finding a good 1080ti for under 700$

Not really. I just want it for multitasking and watching my videos in high quality.

It will probably match a GTX 1080. Eh, maybe it will be better value than a 1080 since it has DLSS. I think its supposed to be $500 and 1080's are around $500?

Yeah. It'll nag you and not let you change your wallpaper but you can keep using it forever.

Beats my shitty old Kingston, which still seemed insanely fast compared to a HDD.

Attached: pooston.png (996x813, 109K)

go dual 1080p

I already have dual 1080p lol. I was thinking about upgrading to 4k but thinking about it... My internet isn't even good enough to dl/watch 4k videos......

>New 1080TI arrives
>Install it, head into MHW to fuck around
>Get this constantly: streamable.com/1q1yd
After messing around with drivers for awhile I found out I can fix it by deleting the driver's mhw profile with nvidia inspector. The couple other games I've looked at seem fine.

Should I be worried that the weird texture flickering is indicative of something being wrong with my card? Or could it be that it just isn't playing nice with my cpu, which is about 6 years old (i5-3570) and going to be replaced in the next month or so?

total ripoff

Attached: Samsung-512GB-860-PRO-teardown-12.jpg (1000x667, 471K)

Lol. Still how so?

The 3Gb ones.
They're all limited by PCI power afaik, though

Nice.

No. Mine is just warm.

I don't repaste will help you. GPUs usually have decent paste for the first 3 years.

>$97 for 500Gb
Overpriced.

We told you to buy 1080Ti before launch of RTX and that that may be their cheapest price. They were $560-$630.

Reminds me of NES cartridges

Let's say 4 years from now your 1080ti is out of warranty. What paste would you use to get better thermals?

I kept seeing niggers saying 'muh 6 gorillion cards dumped on muh AIB's' and fell for that fucking meme
I saw a 1080ti ftw for 600$ on newegg a month ago and didn't fucking buy it.

Attached: 19372374661.jpg (205x246, 5K)

>$97 for a 500gb SSD is overpriced

Attached: 1537374679452-g.jpg (457x480, 30K)

Kek sucks 4 u. Rtx is suck and the consumers noticed when benchmarks released. We always knew it would suck.

It technically is now. Lol hope it goes down more. Samsung SSDs wont be affected too much from tariff right?

Yes it is.

Based chinks.

Attached: Screenshot_20181004-053047.png (720x1440, 249K)

... that meme was true though
But Nvidia sells millions of GPUs per month.
They WAS an over supply, so they did drop price significantly

>Playing with fire when it comes to storage

Attached: epitaph_sweat.png (286x315, 136K)

Hello, I'm looking at building my first PC and my budget is $2,000.

I'm looking to use the PC for gaming, streaming, editing, and music production. For right now, I only do music production using FL12 and Ableton. I've been told by many that I should have a mac for music production, using the likes of pro tools and logic pro x, which I am familiar with. My question is, do you think it would be alright to go with this build:
pcpartpicker.com/guide/dDdnTW/gaming-streaming-and-editing-build

For music production also, if should I just invest in a mac alongside this PC? Thank you in advance.

Thanks Kyle in aberdeen AB10 SE

DONT BE SUCH A DUMB XIGGER
YOU CAN RUN MACOS ON PC HARDWARE. LOOK UP HACKINTOSH. NO NEED TO BUY A MAC.

REGARDLESS, FL STUDIO, CUBASE, REAPER, PRO TOOLS (INDUSTRY STANDARD), AND MANY MORE DAW RUN FINE ON WINDOZE
DONT BE AN IDIOT NEVER BUY MAC HARDWARE. IF YOU NEED THE SOFTWARE JUST HACKINTOSH. BUT YOU DONT NEED IT.

>Bought a 1TB drive to go with my 500gb SSD 3 months ago
>Haven't even filled up 200gb of stuff on my SSD

Feels like I wasted $40 lads

Monoprice 32"

Anyone have a MSI Optix G24C? How is it? What's the best Freesync monitor for less than $200?

>tfw can't even tell the difference from getting an SSD
Truly. But 3 months is nothing, unless you change storages that often.

I'm pretty sure my monitor has the same panel, and I wish I spent more because the VA blur meme is real.

Stop buying shit and you won't need freesync

So what's the verdict on 2080/2080 Ti?

IMO, 2080ti is worth it. Getting a titan V with less memory for half the price.

The 2080 is generally slower than a 1080ti while being $100-200 more expensive.

The 2080ti seems like a fucking steal to me.

I could build 2 pcs for the price of a single 2080ti that would be 90% as good as a pc with 2080ti in it.

worth it to upgrade from i7 920 to ryzen 5 2600 as a mainstream user?

You're telling me you can match a titan V with a computer that cost $700 total?

Few hundred times faster.... Why would you not immediately do it if you're able?

How does someone do pic related? That's some next level retard.

$1000
I still havent seen those magical 2080tis that are less than 2000

Give it a month or 2.

You need to order direct from a manufacturer at MSRP or forget about it. I'm waiting on evga to release the FTW edition. I'd feel like I was shitting away money to buy anything else.

Where do you live dude, are those aussie dollars

I'm a cheap bastard, this look decent as an upgrade?
pcpartpicker.com/list/8tdtr6
the assrock mobo is what I'm iffy about but it meets my very low requirements

>pcpartpicker.com/list/8tdtr6
You won't be able to boot with that mobo unless you have a boot kit from the manufacturer. It needs a bios update to work.

The memory is highly unlikely to achieve advertised speeds. I'd recommend gskill flare-x as it's the only one I've seen actually hit advertised speed with ryzen.

>The memory is highly unlikely to achieve advertised speeds. I'd recommend gskill flare-x as it's the only one I've seen actually hit advertised speed with ryzen.
Retard

I'm unsure about the mobo and the BIOS issue, the website says BIOS - ALL for the ryzen 5 2600, which makes me think it should be fine, but you're probably right
asrock.com/MB/AMD/X370M Pro4/index.asp#CPU

NEED A COMPUTER SO MY GF CAN WATCH ANIME AND BROWSE

300 series boards support Zen 1000 series.
400 series boards support Zen 2000 series.
All 300 series boards support 2000 series chips with bios update.
All 400 series boards support 1000 series chips with bios update.
Some 400 series boards ship with support for 1000 series Zen right out of the box. I'd say most need a 1000 series chip handy -- or simply buy a 2000 series chip to work with your 400 series boards natively with no issues.

Gaming or no gaming? And if so, what specific games?

I went through 3 different sets of 3200mhz memory on an x370 and zen+ cpu. Only the flare-x hit 3200 stable.

Fucking sue me.

dual 1440p. saves the hassle of having to resize/move windows when you can just have your anime on the left monitor and other shit on the right monitor

Thanks, I understand it now. I've gone with a mobo that'll work out the box with the CPU, I'll look into the RAM later.

pcpartpicker.com/product/6jBTwP/gskill-trident-z-rgb-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3600-memory-f4-3600c18d-16gtzrx
Did you know there's "tzrX" (emphasis on the x) ram that's meant to play well with zen? My brother went from some 3200 gskill to this 3600 gskill for zen (even though he's only hitting 3200) and swears his computer is perform much better

theres heaps that are over 2k here in aus. fucken cunts

eroge and candy crush

Once you hit 3200mhz, there's serious diminishing returns to going higher. Sacrificing latency for that small amount of additional frequency isn't worth it. I haven't seen anyone matching my cpu-z benchmarks for my 2700X yet, so apparently I'm doing something right.

Attached: 1c706b9e76e5e7a715903aed9a9e008b.png (469x827, 51K)

Then you're set with a Ryzen APU (CPU with GPU cores on the chip). No need for a GPU.
Here's a great build for such considerations:
pcpartpicker.com/list/6WRMmq

what ram you using? sitting on 3200mhz but 16-18-18 and feels like im leaving a lot of performance on the table right now ram-wise

I made some alterations to as it was way overkill for your needs.

pcpartpicker.com/list/

some indies games, nothing too serious though.
Needs to run shitty flash games like undertale or some shit

Attached: 23rtre4w55.jpg (500x580, 80K)

Gskill flare-x 3200mhz CL 14-14-14.

On my x370 mobo I enabled DOCP and it has been stable ever since. I tried many many different kits and this is so far the best performing. Trident may be better but I'm sticking with what I managed to get working stable.

Also, desu, you can go with a less expensive 2200g

damn its over $100 more expensive than my current ram here in australia. i might mosey over to youtube/google and check out some comparisons to see if its worth the extra

gskill ripjaws reaches 3200cl15 easily.

I would have recommended the athlon 200GE if it was available to pick.

Does the athlon have any graphics on the chip? Surely he'd need some graphics on the chip, right?

It has vega 3 graphics. Enough for what he's mentioned.