We have been informed that you have said the n-word, which supports mass genocide and racism...

>We have been informed that you have said the n-word, which supports mass genocide and racism, in a private conversation with someone. Because this violates our code of conduct, you can no longer work with us

Attached: 1200px-NewTux.svg.png (1200x1440, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openindiana.org/community/code-of-conduct/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dumb penguinposter

sounds like most companies nowadays desu

>rant to your black coworker in private about how you hate n-words
>be confused when he reported you to HR even though you prefixed the rant with "i'm not racist but"

>thinking this is a bad scenario
yikes and oofpilled

>in a private conversation with someone
this is objectively false. whenever I call out somebody as a nig nog I make sure to do it in the break room when at least 8 3/5 people are also there. Safety in numbers. If it showed up in a PM blame my autocorrect.

>get banned from something I wasn't going to contribute to anyway
>keep using it anyway
I don't really care

Linux isn't a company

Sounds like every single work environment ever. Only NEETs don't realize this.

And shouldn't have to. the FOSS community was a place to get away from this shit

>private company executing its free enterprise unbidden by the government
I fail to see the issue

No, it isn't.

>continue to submit patches under a new email
Nothing personnel kid

>n-word
NPC

>see? the CoC sucks! you can't even say nigger anymore, am I right fellow Jow Forumsentoomen?
Cute false flag OP, you're glowing. How much is Ada paying you per post? I can think of at least 50 different ways the CoC will be abused even if you're the reincarnation of Jow Forums itself.

it's entirely a matter of presentation. Some user posts "lol niggers niggers niggers" on a bug tracker. If they ban him with "This violates our code of conduct because it denigrates minorities and enforces white privilege and blah blah blah" everyone's up in arms over being CoCkblocked. If they ban him with "fuck off and shitpost somewhere else" then nobody would have half a fuck to give.

Linus is dealing with some personal issues, and that's fine, but he cannot force those values onto the rest of us.

Yes it is. Next thing you know "we need to stop using the GPL, like every single work environment ever"

Are you retarded? What does GPL have to do with anything? But yes, GPL is a form of copyright and is a license. Businesses use licenses, and so do FOSS communities because they're nothing but a business. And every community has it's rules and anarchies are inefficient.

>so do FOSS communities because they're nothing but a business.
get a load of this guy

lol niggers niggers niggers.

I don't understand why they couldn't just follow the example of OpenIndiana and make a bland but noncontroversial and nonpolitical CoC:
openindiana.org/community/code-of-conduct/

Free software is free as in freedom, not free as in price.

Open source isn't your special sekrit klub