Is AMD catching up to intel a meme?

Is AMD catching up to intel a meme?

Attached: amd.jpg (400x400, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/16578774
hardforum.com/threads/the-radeon-technology-group-rtg-has-received-its-first-zen-2-sample.1967802/
warosu.org/g/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes. AMD is as far behind as ever in terms of actual performance. People are just complaining because Intel CPUs are overpriced right now due to shortages (i.e. their products are so popular that they literally can't manufacture enough chips).

It depends on what you're doing. Intel is still the king of gaymen.

Aside from some edge cases Zen is about 10% behind intel's latest Core arch in IPC. Intel has some edge cases where they're far ahead, and they do have much wider datapaths in their FPU that Zen can't challenge, but the gap is closing.
Intel has nothing but refreshes coming out for the next couple years.
AMD's Zen2 might slightly surpass intel in average performance per clock, they're already leading in certain metrics.

This is true, but people eventually grow out of playing gaymes. I recently converted my rig to a Ryzen 7 chip and am happy with it, it's fast and there wasn't much of a dip, if at all, in the games that I do play.

Plus I don't like Intel.

>intel is the king of gaymen
But AMD is in consoles, and it runs like as with photo/video editing, and most if not all audio production software.
So shouldn't AMD be king of kiddy tier vidya?
I like AMD, Intel, and NVidia, but a lot of people's claims just don't make sense to me.

>runs like ass

Current Ryzen chips are very competitive at nearly all price points. First time in a decade that AMD has been viable like this. Zen 2 maybe be able to truly equal or supass Intel

Hopefully they find a way to us amd hardware to benefit software, because I'm tired of hearing how every fucking software developer/company are a bunch of talentless no nothing hacks who've been paid off by intel.

I doubt that zen 2 will surpass 9th gen chips. I would mostly expect lower power consumption with higher clock speeds. At most I would say the top of the line cup will equal the 8700k.

Again that really doesn’t matter for nearly all use cases. Only gaymer who want extra 5 fps will be able to notice. 99% of normie use cases are covered by Ryzen at highly competitive price points. Additionally, Ryzen is forcing Intel to lower the prices of its chips to match.

The reason Zen hasn't absolutely BTFO'd incel yet is because devs are massive retards who can't program for anything other than their specific incel chip
incel 9 series will be the end for them and Zentoo will deliver the killing blow

Single core and branding too.

But yeah... that's too specially in the area of gayming.

Attached: THE BIGGER THEY ARE THE HARDER THEY FALL.jpg (720x676, 131K)

"If you are not first you are last"
Intel is currently winning with higher clock speeds, 10 percent better IPC (single threaded performance), and heat generated. All of these are only relevant to da vidya games.
So if you are asking when AMD will have more than just a better APU, HEDT, and server chip than Intel. 2019

damage control: the post

realistically there is no difference unless you're autistic af and care about ~1 fps differences

for the price amd currently blows intel the fuck out
>t. ex intel fangoy

that all translates to a

An engineering sample with a max boost clock of 4.5GHz is apparently benching roughly equal to the 8700k which boosts to 4.7GHz in single threaded benchmarks, at least according to someone who has a history of accurate leaks. Zen 2 is supposed to get a 10-15% IPC increase from Zen, which would put it at or above the 9th gen and with a clock bump that would eliminate Intel's single core lead.

That heavily depends on the game. In properly threaded titles it will be vastly faster than any comparably priced intel CPU. Or in some cases, lay waste to $1400 intel CPUs.

Attached: 1c706b9e76e5e7a715903aed9a9e008b.png (469x827, 51K)

Toothpaste between your IHS and CPU. Oh how I love Intel.

amd should cut prices right now.

Find me a game that you're not able to play on 60 fps 1080 with an amd. Why waste insane money on intel when you can get the same results cheaper.
>muh benchmarks
Sure.

Consumer desktops? No its not a meme. Intel's cores are worth more than AMD's cores and the only thing holding Intel back is their pricing and stock shortages.

HEDT and Enterprise CPUs? It's not a meme but at this very moment they've eclipsed them. Will enterprise companies buy AMD over Intel? There's not a lot of data to support that but there are some like Dropbox who use Epyc. Companies don't just gloss over MOAR COREZ or MOAR IPC.

Why? Intel just raised theirs. It was bad enough when they offered 5% more frames for 15% more money, but now? AMD can keep their prices as they already are and rack more money in. If the only other CPU supplier cranking prices up massively doesn't attract consumers, lowering theirs won't change much.

>started with FX 8320
>upgraded to i7 6700K
>will upgrade again to Zen 2
Feels good man.

For gaming, yes. For workstation and server, no.

yes because the gaming performance is just as much behind as bulldozer was.

intel employees are literally shaking.

intel must redesign their core architecture as soon as possible or zen will end up outperforming it without any efficiency loss due to scalability

>but MOOOOM! Linus told me Cuckylake gets 5 more average fps in CSGO, I can't play at just 280fps!
>PLEASE MOM JUST ONE MORE MOTHERBOARD THIS TIME I'M SURE THEY'LL KEEP THE SOCKET MOM PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE

People are still buying intel no matter how stores shill and sell subpar amd chips

I kek'd and I use Intel for gayming

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Upbringing and political leaning
strawpoll.me/16578774
>strawpoll.me/16578774
strawpoll.me/16578774
>strawpoll.me/16578774

dumb down their cpu to sandy bridge level and add more cores?
i dont think so

you make it seem like any progress has been made since haswell

New i9 is so expensive I'd expect at least gold platet heat spreader and solid copper stock cooler included.

New chipset a year keeps goyim in fear.

Just went form a 6700k to a 2700x and couldnt be happier. Granted my 6700k was a shitter than couldn't really do more than 4.3 on what I'd consider acceptable voltages so I didn't actually lose any single thread perf at all.

Will likely sell the 2700 for a Zen 2 next year since I can re-use the mobo and RAM.

at the moment i really can't justify recommending intel. the performance gap in gaymen is negligible (in work related tasks ryzen blows intel out of the water anyway) and the price difference is way too high, especially now with the coffee lake shortage caused by sheer manufacturing incompetence

t. someone who always buys the best bang for his bucks

>9900k almost €600
>2700X €318
No, AMD is just plain curbstomping them. Their fabs will literally NEVER recover. Ever.

Attached: 1537419972674.png (1037x311, 340K)

4.3 ?
Isn't that like the stock turbo ?
I think mine runs at that whenever I do anything intensive but I have it run

Funny how retards think their processor performance is only the "Ghz"

I've used both regularly. I can pretty much say that AMD is cheap trash that will overheat and possibly cause a house fire.
Intel is an inch more expensive but performs much better and cooler.

Attached: images.png (303x166, 5K)

AMD is currently far behind in software and vortualization and that won't change any time soon. Intel's market share lead is too great so nobody bothers to optimize for AMD. Most shit works only with Intel virtualization.

>When the intel shills have been trying for over a week to consensus crack, and failing because they either get BTFO by anyone that cares to reply, or, like this thread, nobody cares enough to take the bait.

Attached: 1538353678682.jpg (700x1050, 32K)

it's not fair goyim we need moar coarz and moar niggahurtz

Attached: poo in the joo.png (1824x1026, 431K)

epıc :ˆ)

Nope, Intel is on full damage control and panic mode.

They are literately flinging shit at the wall and hoping something would stop AMD's encroachment in their lucrative markets.

Sorry kiddies, gayming hasn't mattered for Intel and the CPU world for over a decade now. Despite what Intel shills claim. Ryzen SKus are perfect fine for gayming shit even fucking Pentium SKUs.

Threadripper/Epyc are already embarrassing the Skylake-X family. Cascade Lake is going to do little to change this. The 7nm refresh from AMD is going to be a natural 20 critical hit.

Coffee Lake S is going to be an housefire embarrassment crippled by poor platform and design choices (Ring-bus sucks beyond six-cores and ROFL eight core contesting dual-channel DDR4 and being still stuck with 16 PCIe lanes).

7nm Zen refresh will easily surpass Coffee Lake S chips at multi-threaded loads and match in them in gayming non-sense.

>i.e. their products are so popular that they literally can't manufacture enough chips

Fuck Off Brainlet
They having production issues because on their Roadmap , when they accepted contracts to produce on their 14nm++++++++.
They assume their CPU would be produced on the 10nm but it's so fuck nothing worthwhile can be used from their 10nm.
So their 14nm is still used for everything and more products from said contracted needed to be produce on their 14nm.

The Manufacturing process is in high demands not their fucking trash chips.

>At most I would say the top of the line cup will equal the 8700k.
But user, the engineering sample is *already* equal with the 8700k.

hardforum.com/threads/the-radeon-technology-group-rtg-has-received-its-first-zen-2-sample.1967802/

You can expect the final product to be better than the ES obviously, seeing as the original Zen ES was clocked at 2.8-3GHz

>and heat generated.
What are you even talking about? Ryzen never goes above 50C for me.

So it is equal to the 8700k, IPC wise and clockwise. It will be overclockable to 5GHz which the 8700k can also do easily. They are equal.

Except in security price :P

>Find me a game that you're not able to play on 60 fps 1080 with an amd.
World of Warcraft

your 8700k is going to be obsolete due to zen2. 14nm+++++ will not save you.

AMD is inferior in jiggahurtz and IPC

Their Zen 2 is basically an 8-core 8700k...when Intel already made the 8700k obsolete with their 9900k

>le intel shill meme
>when there are anti-Intel and anti-Nvidia threads everyday

Spoken like a true AMD shill.

>blocks your path

Attached: 1.png (1200x491, 25K)

lol no. AMD has resorted to marketing gimmicks to "get ahead" of Intel. TSMC's 5nm is actually behind Intel's 10nm architecture wise but they advertise it as two generations ahead.

>coffee lake will have higher IPC than coffee lake.
Okay.

What marketing?

I've never seen an AMD advertisement.

AMD employs a ton of shills, they're on the same level as Microsoft, Apple and Google.

>it's not a lie it's a thuth with additional dimension

I don't trust non Jewish CPUs. Goyim are degenerate cattle.

What the fuck are you me?
I was on a FX 8320e
Went to an i5 6600k-immediately change it for a 6700k, now i am wanting to get the Ryzen 2700, damn man.

Literally no one cares about consoles

>game/feature/software releases
>check forums
>millions of AMD users crying and complaining
>repeat for every single new release in existence

Gee, I wonder

Sony sold something like 80 million PS4s, the Xboner is around 38 million, so objectively tens of millions of people care about consoles. Over a hundred million current gen consoles have been sold, and developers are making games for that hardware.

Thats a whole lot of people caring about consoles, user. Try not to be so autistic and dumb. Its a bad combo. Literally.

What

'Ignore the asshats in AMD Threads, most of them are cheap hardheaded AMD fanboys. They won't listen to reason and think more cores in a CPU instantly make it better. When it comes to single-core processing (gaming and most applications) Intel CPUs kick AMD CPUs' ass. Same for quad-core processing, and better at overclocking to 5.0GHz with newer models. The only they AMD CPUs are slightly better at are video rendering and slightly cheaper.

>node
>architecture
wew son
TSMC's 7nm is compared to intel's 10 nm so how can their 5nm be behind it ?

>They won't listen to reason and think more cores in a CPU instantly make it better
Yeah you're right, MOAR HERDZ :DDdddd
LONGER BINGBUS :DDddd

Attached: Es0Gvnp.png (5098x1500, 2.29M)

intel shills are retarded shitters, blame the mods for not rangebanning those shitposting faggots

>AMD is inferior in jiggahurtz and IPC

Attached: Holy+i+didn+t+have+that+one+_27f4ea5616d2dbe9b98e1e04f0cfb675.png (200x200, 26K)

>Intel is still the king of gaymen
>HEY BUY OUR CPU THAT WE RAISED PRICE TO 40% HIGHER THAN AMD WHILE IT RUNS THE GAME JUST THE SAME FPS
You can't make this shit up.

Even Intel's own 10nm is behind their own 14nm. What the fuck are you retards smoking.

Its just bait posting. You have to admire their effort.
Before the Zen launch there was real hardcore intel fanboys spreading disinfo constantly. We haven't had any of that yet, just bait about intel foundry business.
Zen took all the wind out of their semitic sails. Zen2 is pretty much guaranteed to be a home run.

Yes.

Attached: 04,10,18(00-50-05).jpg (785x1199, 133K)

Why does your Jow Forums look like it's coming straight outta 1995 ?

>he doesn't know what the archive is
newfag confirmed

Except the archives don't look like that, NEWFAG.

kek

why AMD stock started falling suddenly few days ago?

Attached: 1536936873672.jpg (704x720, 51K)

A financial analysts put out an opinion casting doubt on their ability to take up 30% marketshare.

Intel's 10nm is """back on track""" though stocks aren't a really great indicator

wtf i hate Lisa Su now!
i invested all my savings to AyyMD

Attached: 1536364118816.gif (448x252, 1.89M)

AMD will continue to gain significant market share with EPYC and the rest of their Zen2 based lineup of CPUs and APUs.
I'd say right now their stock in inflated, people have been building a hype bubble. Though I do see it as likely that they'll deliver on those lofty expectations over the next two years.
Investing isn't a day to day game. If AMD actually gains that market share and remains profitable consistently for the next couple years then their long term outlook will significantly improve.

because I bought in

if you have a job just keep buying AMD stock every paycheck, they arn't going anywhere until x86-64 is obsolete

(intel would get FUCKED by monopoly laws, they don't want amd to disappear)

Newfag digging a deeper hole
warosu.org/g/

Attached: chrome_2018-10-04_16-36-31.png (1155x465, 147K)

asking if something is a meme is a meme. so yeah, basically anything - meaning nothing is a meme.

>(intel would get FUCKED by monopoly laws
Just like how Microsoft got fucked right? Oh wait

I love Japan for their ads.

Attached: amd ryzen japan.jpg (1340x1894, 1.45M)

>PLEASE MOM JUST ONE MORE MOTHERBOARD

Attached: jigglypuff laughing.png (398x399, 53K)

>PLEASE MOM JUST ONE MORE MOTHERBOARD
10/10

AMD gives you moar cores and moar waifus, what more could you possibly want?