The windows flickering taskbar icons thread

***SPECIAL VIDEO EDITION***
This is a very special edition of the windows flickering taskbar icon thread.
I have downloaded the windows 10 LTSC 2019 build and installed it and made a video to test and see if the icons on the taskbar are still flickering in the most brand new version of windows.

youtube.com/watch?v=W978LMJCwow

Please sit back and relax, but get ready to be on the edge of your seat as we explore whether or not the flickering icon problem is finally resolved once and for all!!!!

Attached: 1535503806251.gif (329x335, 382K)

this actually bothers you?

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 7K)

Mine doesn't flicker? Even when doing the thing in the webm putting the edge icon in the recycle bin

>REDMOND
>HUNGER STRIKE
>SELF-IMMOLATION
need to step up your game user

empty the recycle bin then try it.

I was literally on the edge of my seat the whole time

seriously, why the fuck do you do it man? are you expecting to become some kind of weird e-celeb or something?

If anything, I admire your persistence. Also, I suggest upgrading to Win 8.1 with Classic Shell

lul

This has been a thing since Windows 7 my dude, it just refreshes the icons, same happens on the desktop or inside any folder with icons/thumbnails.

love a good windows 10 flickering thread.

Only reason I come to Jow Forums

>windows 10

This is like having your car crushed and set on fire and then complaining that the tire pressure is a little low.

user, were you to direct your autistic dedication towards pestering MS about it instead of shitposting here, this bug would've been already long fixed.

So? What's the issue?

This happens on my computers... It pissed me off enough that i googled a way to fix it, only to be told "no, its normal. Just live with it"... And i have.

As a consumer, it does not bug me much, but i could see how this would piss off an autistic programmer. And it definitely reflects poorly on microsoft as its been an issue since the introduction of windows 10.

mine does it sometimes for no apparent reason.

I'm hijacking your thread.
What's the difference between these two?

Attached: ltsc.png (675x519, 23K)

N is missing media related stuff, nothing else changes though
i suppose if you're going for "minimal" window 10 i guess you should use N

>gif

reminds me of that amazon icon in ubuntu

Media stuff- what exactly counts as media and what doesn't?

how autistic can one person be

Don't use N. You will be missing some software to use various different media players. Just stick to ltsc.

Of all the legitimate problems with windows, why is this the one you are fixated on? It doesn't seem to be that serious or impactful in any way, and most people probably don't even notice it.

So it that just stuff like the photo and video viewer? Or is it more than that?

Photo Viewer, Win Media/Player/Movie Maker, etc

Basically anything that is used for video/audio media reproduction

This isn't even a bug, it would be easy to change but as literally no one cares, why would they

Probably don't need it if you have VLC then.

Does anyone know of a good replacement for the photo viewer? Just something simple and lightweight. VLC works well for the rest.

HoneyView

Just the the media player stuff. I installed N and wondered why certain games wouldn't start. Apparently they use .wmv files for their intro videos and can't progress if they can't play those. You can install media player stuff later but why hassle with that?

But that's just my recommendation.

IfranView. Eternally the best.

Some gaymes cutscenes need the media codecs that N version doesn't have, like GTAV.