Manjaro vs. Mint

which one is better?

Attached: 1537784772469.jpg (1280x1855, 344K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archlinux.org/news/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gentoo

The middle one

who cares lunix is a piece of shit

me on the right though

Chino is the only correct answer.

Attached: chino.jpg (683x1024, 122K)

OP here. Please guys, serious answers

Attached: 1538528098107.jpg (930x720, 262K)

Gentoo

just use ubuntu, tons of support, just works. Otherwise, use windows.

>Mint
if you want a non-rolling stable system
>Manjaro
if you want a rolling mostly stable system

Personally I'd say Manjaro, just for the more updated packages. Regardless either option is the correct option.

>that massive hover hand

This. Manjaro, especially Manjaro Cinnamon, is basically Arch meets Mint. Didn't use it for that long, but I liked it quite a bit - though not quite as much as minimal Debian netinstall with Openbox.

Arch

Middle is cutest

Tippy desu

bump for chino

>implying somebody uses cinnamon on mint and not mate

Manjaro is really nice, but remember, it's still Arch. You can't just blindly install updates like you can on a stable release like Mint.
>Have a backup/restore plan. Timeshift is good.
>Check the archlinux.org/news/ before applying ANY updates.

Attached: pacmanb.jpg (720x532, 65K)

install windows 7

mint is shit, manjaro has issues with bios legacy booting after install also its just arch, so better use ubuntu or kubuntu if you wanna use KDE

>Linux

>Coraline Ada

Attached: image.jpg (360x640, 99K)

I prefer Manjaro myself.

I prefer Manjaro myself.

anybody using manjaro is retarded nigger who deserves to be gassed

Both are shit derivatives.
Do instead use Arch or Debian, respectively.

Mint: outdated software repo, up to date security repo
Manjaro: more recent software repos but security updates are slower than mint somehow

GWEEN TEA

my wife chino is so cute

Attached: evolution.jpg (600x367, 41K)

between aur, mhwd, and manjaro-architect, you've got the GOAT distro. just use i3 so you dont get made fun of

CInnamon is one of the few reasons you would even pick Mint... What would Mint with Mate do better than Ubuntu Mate?

Chino...

Attached: 0ofjTf6.png (1920x1080, 1.29M)

cinnamon and mate are the only gui stuff in mint's own repo. Any other is just pulled from ubuntu LTS repos.
But yeah, mate is just cinnamon's ugly sister.

They're aimed at different audiences. Mint if you just want easy and stable. Manjaro if you're a bit more of a power user.

I would choose memejaro if those were the only two options I could choose from because of the AUR.

Ubuntu actually stabilizes Sid so you get a stable version with updated packages every six months instead of Debian's slower release cycle. Mint just adds a desktop environment and fucks up the release name so adding repositories is harder.

I can see using it if you use Cinnamon, as the ubuntu cinnamon spin isn't really mature, and all the documentation is in french. But if you're using MATE use Ubuntu Mate 100%.

Manjaro is like Ubuntu to Arch's Debian, if Debian had an insanely retarded install process. It provides an easier installer, but is prone to breakages like all rolling release distros. All the benefits of Arch, and drawbacks, but an easier installer.

Chino is the best, followed by Cocoa and finally Rize.