This kills the codecamp ""web developer""

Attached: ai_code_web.webm (460x258, 412K)

looks p cool

meme technology

Probably could have done it faster manually

This does not fix the problems of a bloated web.

If a pipe was leaking and you had nearly unlimited resources, would you want to waste time fixing the pipe or just pump more water through it?

>code camp devs
>caring about bloat
wew lad

I get your point, I do, but it's really getting ridiculous when firefox alone can take up 2gb+ of ram with just a few tabs open and a few plugins loaded.

They only know what they're taught. Teach them to care.

Yeah but right now it's still more efficient to just leave it until it's broken, and it will likely stay this way for a long time until AI is good enough to optimize libraries, probably even entire languages

just wait, the AIs will be written in Node and we'll all be fucked

>it makes text boumdimg boxes
Cool. Get back to me when it can make menues, define pages, colors, hyperlinks, generate anything a 5 year old couldn't do, or generally be useful.
FYI, minimal 'madurn' designs consisting of black text on all white objects is backwards thinking.

damn that looks like shit

>ai optimizing anything
I don't think that AI can optimize anything.
Certainly 'optimization' is the key buzzword in many ML classes, but 'optimization' is also the key buzzword in compilers which happen to have been going on for over 40 years.

ML isn't going to be able to untangle your spaghetti code because it doesn't know what your spaghetti code does. The Halting Problem. At best it'll make your spaghetti less saucy.

How it will ACTUALLY work, and how OP's webm works, is that you have to design a language which describes what you want.

I want an application which takes a number '5' and produces a tree
2 2
3 3 3
4 4 4 4
5 5 5 5 5

Probably more verbose than that.

So it takes your input and your output and produces code that figures out how to get from one end to the other.
Maybe you need a lot of examples. Maybe you may as well have written the algorithm already.
Oh wait, most ML models already do exactly this :^)

for now

Don't worry, because of how obfuscated high level languages are the web devs have a long time before AI replaces their jobs entirely so POOageddon is a ways away

2/10 bait try harder

t. doesn't even know what gradient descent is

My first webpage. How much longer until I get my first web dev job?

Attached: page.png (1340x630, 18K)

>Maybe you need a lot of examples.
What if you feed it all the github.com repos?

>t. first year CS student
I mean come on, give me some credit at least.

use bootstrap and refer to yourself as Xir and you got a $80k job

It can only get so good before it reaches max potential. You can't just say "here is more data now learn", because it will eventually hit a limit, which is usually hit when you haven't simplified the thing you want it to learn enough. When we have AI, and I mean true AI, not this shit that's been around for nearly 80 years, that is when libraries and languages can be optimized. But it is a long ways away. The other user was trying to make it seem like I was saying neural nets are the be-all, end-all to AI

yes, because the leaking pipe is ruining my fucking floor

This doesn't beat a WYSIWYG editor

Get a waterproof floor then.

web is fun

I'd rather fix the pipe.
It takes 30 minutes to fix a pipe of you know what you're doing.
Even if the floor is waterproof, it's eroding the foundation of the building.

Anyone can twist metaphors and make shitty bait out if it user. We both know the pipe that is javascript would take a lot longer than 30 minutes to fix.

Why is there so much meme tech coming out these days? Is there a single startup that puts out a product thats actually valuable? This is completely unnecessary, and bloats the whole process, and is slower.

> proof of concept
> funding
> research
> improve it
> skynet

well to follow the metaphor-
the pipe (javascript) isn't broken, but retarded home owners think you need 10,000 attachments, valves, and extensions to properly control the pressure/temperature.
If they spent a day learning how the plumbing works they'd realize they can do without 99% of the shit that ends up breaking and earning the pipe a bad reputation.

It really bothers you doesn't it. Well that's what you get for picking a retarded language.

Good lord imagine the fucking spaghetti code that thing produces.

Now have it produce anything besides a static page. Have it make a calendar plugged into the backend.

I'm sure actual plumbers feel the same way I do about picking a retarded profession

html IS spaghetti code

Filled with self hatred but happy they're making good money?

just like meee :)

WSISYG editors existed for ages,
The problem is that they create an immense clusterfuck of bloat.

wow a static page.

Yeah it's the same with Python which I did for a while (django for IT consultancy firm). Never again.

NO NO NO THIS COULD PUT ME OUT OF A JOB.
Or most likely won't. This technology is too useless to take off. Knowing capitalism it'd be set at an extremely high price and no one would care to buy it. VR is a good example of this happening. VR is useful tech but did it take off as much as it could have? No. You know why? Because they had a x2 margin of profit. They charged double the manufacturing cost of the Oculus Rift and no one (except SoiTube gaymers and game developers) bought it.
Capitalism is the death of technological advancement.

Based, CSS is shit
I’ll be able to concentrate on JavaScript now

Attached: DADDBF5B-3462-4396-A7B2-6361C2766B67.jpg (1562x879, 110K)

JavaScript shouldn't be your main focus. People can easily turn off JavaScript and your website will be fucking dead. You should look to more permanent, non-disablable solutions.

Let total automation come faster dammit, either we get UBI and just spend our days programming for fun while being NEETs, or we get to fight in the war against skynet and die as heroes.

>People can easily turn off JavaScript
hahahahahahaha good one user

Will produce markup that's no better than Dreamweaver and Frontpage or any other wysiyg editor. Cool for mockups by marketing dept I guess but won't be any faster than a competent dev would be.

praise the Lord

less than 1% of the population knows what JavaScript even is. My mother won't disable JavaScript, my boss won't disable it, and neither will my customers. JavaScript is here to stay and there's no reason abandon it just to design something for the 1%

yes lets get client approval for their $500,000 project by scribbling shit on a whiteboard

> neckbeard filtered by page not working without js
>bad

It's a sin anyway you look at it. Enjoy refreshing everytime you need new data on a page hipster illiterate cunt.

effectively nobody disables javascript senpai

99% means 1 out of 100 people won't be able to see your shitty website. It's pretty easy to make 99% of websites/apps work for that 1% while not degrading the experience for the other 99%. Unless of course you're an absolute brainlet.

Only slav web developers can get their personal site to be under 100kB images excluded.
Even then, slav web developers use cool features like vector graphics or CSS instead of some graphics.
Slav devs are superior to pajeets in every manner imaginable.

Woops meant to reply to you

is this 1% poor internet users in Africa who use Internet Explorer on Windows 98?
Because if yes, then fuck that 1%.

t. slavdev

More like employees of the US govt that like to e-shop on their lunch breaks.

"pretty easy" is basically meaningless without a defined goal you're working towards. that extra 1% will carry extra cost thats not always worth it. Its "pretty easy" to add

Found the boot camp dev. It's literally trivial for 99% of websites. Unless you're building something that depends on canvas/webgl or something like Google docs. if you only know react or some other bloated 'frontend' framework then yeah you are going to have a hard time but in that case shouldn't be billing yourself as a web developer yet.

Better try communism then we won't have to worry about tech in bread lines ;).

99% of the world population doesn't know how a web page works and that Javascript exists. Expecting them to know how to disable it is like asking them to reinvent metallurgy.

What's the best way to make tech money without earning a degree?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the thing OP posted basically the same thing as a drag and drop editor that "does it for you", something that has existed for years

Neat

be the startup

People can also turn off HTML rendering and CSS, what now bitch?

>ML isn't going to be able to untangle your spaghetti code because it doesn't know what your spaghetti code does. The Halting Problem.
Humans are also affected by the halting problem but it doesn't stop them from optimizing things. You simply don't understand what the halting problem actually says.

>How it will ACTUALLY work, and how OP's webm works, is that you have to design a language which describes what you want.
We already have those, they're called programming languages.

hire illegal aliens

enjoy having your site load for 5 minutes straight because you decided to use a meme framework instead of finding an elegant solution

>turn off js
>get blank page when loading a website
Absolute state of the web

"web developers" dont exist anymore, everybody take Wordpress templates and only change the header with [company name] where the work hard is select colors, crop images,etc

cool

Attached: 1538580863520.jpg (620x515, 66K)

But code camp devs are behind the bloated web.

Would be more useful if one could just scan a piece of paper with the proportions written on it.

>e
holy fuck are you retareded>

fuck you faggot dumbass

You're a meme new fag

looks cool

I believe that web dev - static sites anyone can do it

dynamic shit I didn't try wouldnt pay for a server but I think i could do it

PHP or ASP.net combined with very basic javascript can do basically everything but web""""developers"""" won't admit this and continue building bloated shit to keep their livelihoods alive

now with webassembly allowing idiots to write scripts in any language expect Java/C# pajeets to shit up the web even harder

those "people" that turn off HTML rendering and CSS are probably bots

Since we're talking about startups now.
How do founders get their first few million in funding? Assembling a team without funding is impossible. Would the process be: basic idea concept and presentation > convince an investor to give you a couple hundred thousand > hire small team of software devs > launch basic concept site/app a few months after hiring devs > get more funding for an office and larger team?

>turn off computer
>get blank screen
absolute state of retards on Jow Forums

Cool, now normies can draw those fancy web 1.0 static homepages

>80k
Fucking plebs.

Until it can drag a drop things in a wordpress editor i think "web devs" are safe

But the more it leaks, the more my RAM fills :c

>static homepages
as opposed to drawing dynamic webpages?

retard

Fix the pipe. Because that's the elegant solution.
Also, time is a resource and resources and unlimited so it doesn't matter if time is "wasted" if it's the better solution.
Even if you have unlimited water, the leak will decrease pressure meaning you need to pump harder and the machine can only pump so hard.
Finally, we don't have unlimited resources so fuck off with your shitty dumb "analogy".