Try out Linux

>try out Linux
>find it an enjoyable alternative to Windows
>wish it had more mainstream support
>wish IT JUST WERKD

Is Linux just a stepping stone to switch to Mac/OS X?

Attached: 410JPMF39FL._SX385_.jpg (385x461, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6nGskPedj6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How much do you get paid?
sage goes on all fields btw

I started buying Ubuntu certified hardware TM and suddenly everything just werkd. You can always just check if hardware is supported before you go and buy it. Eventually you realize certain brands are just better with Linux than others.

I find OSX far more restrictive than Windows.

The window manager isn't sane and you can't use any shortcuts because they are all taken by the OS.

fpbp

Linux is the end point for some and the stepping stone for others.

It was for me. If you're just doing light devel or don't mind remoting into real machines it's a decent environment where everything works. But the moment you need something new and shiny everything goes to shit.

Brew is fucking ass, Apples old ass compilers are ass. XCode is ass.

That and you don't have a centralized package repository. That right there is 90% of the reason I love Linux

Windows now has dark mode.
Linux and Mac OS are dead now.

KDE Colors have been around forever

Attached: breeze-dark[1].png (1920x1027, 202K)

What's wrong with KDE Colors?

Attached: 1533255515047.jpg (480x360, 20K)

>KDE
hasn't been in 85% of world computers, Windows has.
Windows will finally eat up the rest.

i dont understand, pajeet. can you run it through google translate instead of bing?

fuck you, bitch lasagna.

*sigh*

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)

based

Macs only "just werk" if you want to do everything precisely how Apple thinks is the proper way to do it. Take one step outside their carefully-prepared path and shit stops just werking very quickly.

Threadly reminder
youtube.com/watch?v=6nGskPedj6s

Attached: Science.jpg (460x632, 45K)

That is absolutely correct, but they only bug, they don't crash. Observe and acknowledge that.

Windows has the worst dark mode of all OSes. Linux has many, many options, and macOS at least doesn't look like absolute shit and decorates all the shit that it can decorate (except for programs with multiple modes like Firefox in which you would have to switch manually). On Windows you're stuck with a half broken theme that isn't even consistent with programs or panels they don't want you to look for. It's an absolute disgrace and it's more pathetic that this took so many years to be added to the system.

Also, regarding the topic at hand, macOS is more comfortable to use, but you have to sacrifice some things you may not want to sacrifice. It's limited to the point you might not want to be so locked down by your own OS. It's less malleable and it's a system where something either works perfectly or doesn't. I have to say however, for all the shit that it takes, the window server is as good as it needs to be, and the "desktop environment" is as well. Animations are good, no tearing issues, no random slowdowns or inconsistent windows that need special rules (I'm looking at you, Firefox/Chromium on KDE). Finder is way more usable than it seems, it has a lot of hidden functionality which is why people only look at the surface and rightfully think it's garbage.

True but also irrelevant. The days of MacOS 9 and Win98 are long gone. The OS generally doesn't blow its brains out these days and hasn't for many years.

But when the whole argument for why people should pick your OS is that it just werks, non-crash bugs are just as bad. An application that doesn't crash but that you have to spend an hour fighting with only to conclude that you can't make it operate in the way you want it to, only the way it wants to, doesn't just werk, even if neither the application nor the OS ever crash in the proper sense of the term.

Actually no, scratch that, I read "Mac OS X", not Macs.

see:
Sorry for wasting your time with this mistake

I recall reading somewhere that (paraphrasing) "All the "true UNIX" guys have long moved to OS X or BSD".

Unironically, yes

makes sense
UNIX was never free or open source

fag

>I find OSX far more restrictive than Windows.
Because you don't know how to use it. The Windows DE is the most restrictive of all.

Macports > Brew

literally what year is it

brew is more stable

ever notice how everyone who likes linux is autistic and as of late, a sjw, and everyone who likes mac has a well paying software engineering job?

yeah

Maybe people make these shitty "apple is so great" bait threads because people like you and many others care so much about normies using iPhones that it's funny to watch you get angry at text on an autistic imageboard

>can r/w only about half the disk formats linux can
>no repo ootb
>ZERO customization
>forced bloatware
>botnet

macos after linux is a step BACKwards.

scat-user I summon ye

Attached: applemaster race.webm (1280x720, 2.83M)