How does one even begin to compete with this?

This just gave me an existential crisis.

youtube.com/watch?v=H-U96W89Z90&feature=youtu.be

Attached: Pokemon Red in Minecraft.png (2624x1409, 3.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Computing
forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=37490
youtube.com/watch?v=nyHzfVnI4J8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i love pokemon
and i love minecraft

By not wasting months of your life doing useless things

I couldn't pull this off in a decade even if I was being paid for it.

this must be the highest level possible of autism. like downloading a rom and emulating it? nah, too easy. lets program the entire game in another game with 350,000 lines of code and map out the entire geometry.

Attached: 1377664729.jpg (550x550, 19K)

>muh normie existential crisis teehee
Don’t misuse that word.
And what this guy has created is awesome. He should get a job as a programmer somewhere, literally raw creativity.

This is incredibly impressive and autism of the highest order.

So how long before someone programs Minecraft in Minecraft?

Unless he's making money from this, he's actually just a moron wasting his time.

if this is marketed right it will get millions of views and not a bad amount in ad revenue. he's getting free publicity and interviews already. he's going to be approached by devs if he hasn't already asking to collaborate and learn from his work. plus this is basically a surefire resume in video form for a lot of jobs. how is it useless again?

They use an editor to generate this. I've seen red stone creators that act as pcb creation of sorts.
It's cool but it's not like he sat there placing everyblock. And if he did it would take years.

you dont understand what it is to be alive, do you

Working months for a resume project? Doubt that's a worthwhile investment. Just to be sure, this project can't be used anywhere else. It may be a technological marvel but entirely untransferrable to anything relevant in real life

I think this would be an impressive piece for a portfolio

I understand the concept of value.

Attached: 1991 vs 2012.jpg (1872x549, 391K)

you're going to die depressed and unsatisfied, no matter how successful you are

I dont understand how the screen isn't made of blocks.

Like i've seen a calculator made and it can do shit. How are they playing Red inside of minecraft so clearly? Is it attached to some sort of emulator?

he's demonstrated expertise with texturing, scripting, software and hardware with this video alone. i'd say that's pretty relevant.

No YOU are going to die depressed and unsatisfied, Mr. Autismo Protecto! I'm already way more successful than I thought I'd be, and it's because I don't waste time on stupid bullshit things.

ive got shit tons of money and i barely use any of it, just for food and property tax, paying off bills, etc... only the necessities
i dont go on cruises or bullshit like that, it makes me happier doing autismo projects for myself

i dont think u get what im trying to say my nigga, you're not gonna be happy at the end of it all

Yup, that's pretty damn cool.

True, but it's probably good programming training. Plus the demoscene and emulator programmers and actually quite a lot of other guys are just as "autistic". They also could have played pokemanz, but went to create something instead.

He said he spent 24 months on the game regardless. So yea, this apparently took actual years.

but you're here..

I haven't played Minecraft in 9 years. Never could figure out redstone in survival mode (kek)

So can the one person play the game and the other one mess with the code in a real time 3D environment?

Pretty sure that has been done.

But people actually appreciate me now when I help them at work.

Underrated argument. I have to enjoy life somehow right? Maybe addicted...

Pretty sure that should be possible.

Except this is like code without comments and so on, you're not going to easily understand it in a few hours.

autists get btfo by business types. I forget who wrote it but there was this insane rant from some tech exec about how they loved to gobble up autists and spit them out because they are too fucking dumb to realize their cog status.

what a loser lol.
why even bother doing this? unpaid, shown on resume "that's nice honey, you still don't know how to program for our job :)"
learned zero life skills.
zero work skills.
nothing, contributed nothing.

The screen actually is made of blocks. You can see them moving at some points. He recreated the pokemon ROM and the gameboy hardware in minecraft.

Could you please elaborate? They work autists too hard?

command blocks have lots of features and they said in the video each sprite is a modified or added in game texture
guessing the command blocks put textures in the right places and all the other command blocks are used to emulate a z80 and the rest of the gameboy
it should all be running on minecraft natively
haven't played in years so I'm not sure

as he said in the video
>this is just a hobby to keep my mind occupied
but fuck people relaxing by not watching tv or playing the latest shooter am i rite

it's weird, posts like this show too much repression, projection, vitriol to come off how he probably wants it to. wants to act like he's looking at an insect, nothing more, like a human fly. but there's something a lot deeper here and it's all too obvious.

who hurt you, honey~?

>what a loser lol.
>why even bother doing this? unpaid, shown on resume "that's nice honey, you still don't know how to program for our job :)"
>learned zero life skills.
>zero work skills.
>nothing, contributed nothing.

He typed on Jow Forums

You can go from logical gates to a tetris game with this book. It's not that unique, just incredibly autisitc. I remember that someone made a computer inside of dwarf fortress.

Attached: 51h+QaiDsvL._SX443_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (445x500, 35K)

Attached: 2887647r.png (363x302, 74K)

>I have to enjoy life somehow right?

Everybody on here sure enjoys life by browsing and isn't depressed at all but actually rich and affluent. Fuck off.

He definitely must have learned things and he did contribute an interesting experience to people, some of which might finish playing pokemon on this map exactly.

> unpaid
Getting paid is essentially only what needs to happen for most before they can focus on doing their own shit. Not a goal in itself.

Of course if it's your life's goal to be rich, do that.

Imagine the mutiplayer possibilities in the future. Finally we can truly leave the quake-paradgim of videogames and explore worlds that are simultaneously created and experienced on multiple dimensions (layers) of reality.

Imagine to be the guy who says that this is all useless.

Here is an article on computing inside of dwarf fortress.
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Computing

thanks, this is cool

I think for "multiplayer" it's still essentially playing with interactive Lego or Quake. Even if these will get increasingly cool and creative [including programming things for use in the game itself without the need to hack the game], sure.

STill, the issue here is that the Minecraft environment he used doesn't make it *easier* to develop code than the usual text editor/IDE + compiler method people already don't get. It mainly must have made it harder, really.

That is to say, if you wanted to play "reimplement pokemon" in multiplayer... you might almost certainly more smoothly do this the usual way.

>21 months of work for this
Imagine wasting your life away

autism is a wonder

Time runs out for all of us buddy :)

Ready for the void?

>the issue here is that the Minecraft environment he used doesn't make it *easier* to develop code than the usual text editor/IDE

>Having a visual representation of what you want to create doesnt help learning how it works.

Sure

>why even bother doing this?
It should be obvious. You do it to challenge yourself.

>Having a visual representation of what you want to create doesnt help learning how it works
The visual representation of text in an IDE and the usual flow diagrams and what not that you can create at runtime are pretty good.

Minecraft doesn't visualize the code of Pokemon any better by forcing one line into a block, no.

That's how I'd do it, but, surprisingly, this is not what he did. He actually faithfully reimplemented the game, so it's a port, not an emulator. Thanks to this he was able to achieve good performance and small pixels. The display is made out of items and each item represents one tile, not one pixel.

Is this like WireMod in GMod?

No. It isn't Lua, it's virtual circuitry.

>be bored
>write transposer from NES -> minecraft block shit
>retards believe you built it all ingame

>write transposer from NES -> minecraft block shit
Because THAT is easy, right? Never mind no, that's not how it looks unless he also wrote a prettifier that arranges things mostly like a human would arrange it.

fag

>having fun is useless
Hello, Marx

t. NEET

you need to go back homo
he's nothing more than an attention whore wasting his time on children's games

Attached: 1581438467978.jpg (1200x675, 73K)

looks like fake
its just projecting a video not changing individual pixels/blocks

Can someone tl;dw it for a boomer who never played minecraft? What makes it impressive?

So he basically wrote the functionality for the Pokemon game by physically arranging blocks instead of a conventional text based editor. Where are people getting the hardware emulation part from?

Wow this is actually great.

t. Marx

Military grade autism

Imagine the appeal of building with Legos but you have an infinite amount of a slightly more limited set of building blocks. That and your creations can be useful in the survival aspects of the game (food/shelter/weapons). And they have a system where you can build circuts in the game to automate things or, ya know, make all of a Pokemon game.

But it doesn't take 21 months to write a comment on Jow Forums.

But this game wasn't built by emulating physical circuitry, nor does it have any hardware emulation components.

By being sethbling and making an nes that plays actual roms off the pc

Don't think of it as a 1:1 copy of Pokemon source code put into Minecraft.
Imagine if you have a screen in front of you in Minecraft and want to display a basic "website" where if you press a button on screen it will display "hello world".
You don't just write html div with hidden display, button with onclick function that calls a javascript to change the css of div because there's no browser or anything to handle that code.
Rather you write it in "Minecraft language" aka read the character's cursor position and input and activate a specific command block that also activates another to move blocks in correct places and so on until you see "hello world" on that screen.

Does it renders the "screen" by simply moving textured tile blocks from one pos to another? It's definitely interesting from the point of creativity and the amount of dedication/work required to achieve it, but I feel like the complexity is being overblown out of proportion.

Minecraft is turing complete, so is Factorio and some other building games.

forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=37490

Attached: file.png (235x600, 366K)

Attached: file.png (614x600, 931K)

Most likely just changes colors instead of moving around.

>complexity is being overblown
The guy said there are 357k-ish command blocks where each command block represents a line of code. It's pretty complex.

By marrying a traditional white girl and making her give birth to an entire football team of white kids.

Except that won't happen because it will get copyright claimed by nintendo and they will take all the ad revenue. Fan projects are fun and can be impressive but don't be fooled, all the "marketing" is leeching off of someone else's success, in this case pokemon.

>do arrange marriage fuck holes
>become wizard and make pokemon games in minecraft
did he do both?

I don't see why Marx would be opposed to fun.

You are defeatist and larping

> muh sportsball

I don't see why having fun should be outlawed.

what te fuck

Attached: 1524308679230.jpg (119x125, 3K)

>implying you're not here forever

stuff like this makes me feel like a brainlet. not the technical aspect, but the fact someone spent their free time arranging 357k blocks just to 'make' pokemon line by line.

I feel like a huge normal fag by comparison. It feels like everyone has super autism powers lately

Why do any of you think he's going to be some hotshot headhunted programmer from this?
Building simple 8bit computers isnt exactly hard. Whats impressive is that the minecraft engine didnt shit out in 3 minutes.

>Building simple 8bit computers isnt exactly hard
yeah
people just do shit like this to make everyone go 'wow you're so smart'
you're just building things by a spec

This Pokemon project was A. fun for him to do and B. will be icing on the cake for employers if he whips together some C or C++ resume projects which shouldn't be hard for him, I hate douchebags not every single microscopic piece of your life has to be a career investment you can have a balance of work and play

does this mean that minecraft is turing complete?

Attached: autistm.png (379x282, 121K)

Based

Powerpoint is turing complete. It's not a very hard attribute to acquire at this point.

>sour grapes: the thread

This is why Jews win.

>command blocks
What is this bullshit? Literally using a scripting engine to make a game. Wowie.
The guy who made minecraft was more impressive, since he actually made it using redstone and everything.

>Building simple 8bit computers isnt exactly hard.
Yeah, everyone had to do this on an FPGA in a semester in my Computer Architecture class.

Well, one thing is doing it with all the tooling/synthesizing steps already made by someone else and another is writing the scripts yourself (or god forbid doing it by hand)

And you're still wrong though. He isn't running the original game code on a vCPU, he reimplemented the game itself in minecraft blocks (probably aided by translation scripts I guess)

Why would you do useful things anyway, to get money to then do useless things with it?

get out

programming is art

Rendering 3D image on Factorio
youtube.com/watch?v=nyHzfVnI4J8

Attached: 40658487_152025965732641_8703457293278618189_n.jpg (1080x1080, 100K)