/mkg/ - Cyb af edition

>tfw jacking in with one of these monsters
>tfw 19200 baud amber phopsphor glow

Attached: keychatter_2015-03-04_04-05-16[1].png (598x398, 532K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BJITkKaO0qA?t=14m46s
youtube.com/watch?v=pRuRE-Bwk1U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pfft not having an Ono Sendai series 7 cyberdeck to jack into.
You call yourself a cowboy?

Phosphene glow, surely.

How much did you pay for the DH?
I sustained an infection that caused me carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands. I really want one of these but don't have the money.

Attached: 1431973971013.jpg (680x765, 44K)

I'll suck your cock for that

Not mine wish I had 2K to blow on a fucking keyboard. Fun fact though, had an idea the other night for a keyswitch that used optics instead of a mechanical mechanism and magnets to return the key (cubic force? Never bottom out!). Turns out the datahand already did that.

Closest thing I have is a DIY ErgoDox

Wasn't there a project to recreate it using 3D printing? Did that ever go anywhere?

double on that

Attached: ergodox.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

If you're talking about the thread I think you are, the guy ended up building a ergodox clone and damn near going bankrupt.

People would have shelled out a few hundred for a DH clone. But not for a goddamn ErgoDox clone.

W O R K B O A R D

Attached: 6487ACC1-D028-483D-9851-BB06C1AE96A4.jpg (3264x2448, 1.24M)

How are you liking yours? I'm using mine as a daily driver since ~1,5 years already, can't imagine typing efficiently anymore without it. Also got a TEK as a backup, which has got a similar layout.

Also, why no case?

>the guy ended up building a ergodox clone and damn near going bankrupt.
Which one? Keyboardio? Diverge?

>If you're talking about the thread I think you are, the guy ended up building a ergodox clone and damn near going bankrupt.
Shit, link/source? I remember there was a github with a bunch of 3D files including part of the mechanism for the finger flaps, but it was abandoned when I looked.

>blocksyourpath

Attached: IBM.jpg (1600x1200, 176K)

Fucking love it. Got it loaded up with a decent symbol layer and keypad for vim controls, chorded the thumbs but I need to move my backspace around still. QMK is god tier holy shit, the fact that I can just plug in a board and not worry about keybinds or set up arbitrary pastes is stupid handy. I don't think I can go back to a non-programmable board again.

No case because a) Hackerman aesthetics b) They cost a extra 100$. Will probably laser something out at the space at somepoint. But there's little nubbys on the bottom so it's all good.

ErgoFip I think it was.

This "keyboard" looks like it would give you blisters on top of your fingertips.

Best you can do in terms of an ergo board without paying out the ass for a used datahand is probably a dactyl-manuform.

Attached: IMG_20180926_161727.jpg (3100x1606, 838K)

Get pic related for the h4xx0r aesthetics. I might even mail it to you, since that's literally my old case.

>I don't think I can go back to a non-programmable board again
This, although for me it was more of a fire-and-forget experience. I have the same layout since I've assembled it and spent time to set it up just like I need it.

> I need to move my backspace around still
I'm using colemak as my main layout, it's got the backspace key in the place where the standard keyboards have the caps lock. Try it, it's breddy comfy.

Attached: photo_2017-08-31_17-35-44.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

Fuck yeah I'd love to take that off your hands. Fire me off an email and I'll get you my address/payment info. [email protected] with a photo with some paper or some shit. I got a issue of 2600 I want to fire your way :D

Caps is my control at the moment but I'm thinking of chording her with the thumbs. That or mapping the two outer paddle chord to BS. It's fucking ridiculous how often I reflash, I mean eventually I'll find something and settle but we're not there yet!

I have seen/heard one of these used by a true expert. It sounded like continuous machine gun fire.

when I'm setting my layout, I just put something together that seems like it could work and use it for a while, making little changes until it feels natural and comfy. It usually ends in me finding something I dislike but the keyboard I got doesn't have a solution. It's how I went from 60% to 40% to BFO9000 and now I'm getting an ergodox because I hate reaching with my pinkies.

Even makes a beamspring with the solenoid on sound quiet.

youtu.be/BJITkKaO0qA?t=14m46s

do any of you use a layout besides qwerty? is there something that makes "more sense"?

The MALTRON layout is objectively the best but QWERTY is subjectively the best for creative writing.

qwerty is pants-on-head retarded in every single metric out there.

Fucker weighs a ton. It's a real bitch to move around.

Somehow the vowels ended up in not-insane spots. That's something.

My left hand is 250% faster than my right. My right hand is slower. The left heavy bias works out very well for me. Again, good for creative writing. Not good for efficiency. I already suggested the objective best.

Half the problem with new keymaps is the question of "do you want to invest all that time relearning". Muscle memory is some strong shit

> My left hand is 250% faster than my right
l-lewd

Nevermind that the physical layout of the board makes much more difference to comfort than key location.

SA Nautilus on a crap 75% rolling through ...

I want a good TKL custom that fits the colorscheme, but I despise groupbuys.

Attached: edited_dsc03017.jpg (6000x4000, 690K)

Someone is forgetting the awesome speed ... of a single "button":
youtube.com/watch?v=pRuRE-Bwk1U

Is there a really high quality 100% ISO layout board with cherry switches that is made out of aluminium? The only things that I found were either US layout or not completely metal...

>How much did you pay for the DH?
>Not mine wish I had 2K to blow on a fucking keyboard.

Do they really sell anywhere near that price?
I'm the user with the wife trying to make him get rid of his, and I still haven't tried the best place to sell it. Is Deskthority or whatever really the right place to start?

Attached: plz halp.jpg (2448x3264, 976K)

send it to me for free :^)

what 75% is that?

My wife might actually try, unless I told her how much this thing might actually be worth. I got them for like $500-$600 on a super steep sale ca. 2005 I think, and the notion that I could double or triple my investment on something like that seems too good to be true.

I also have two 133 MHz BeBoxes in my parents' basement that somebody would probably want, but they haven't pushed me as hard to get rid of my old shit hoarded there as my wife has for our condo.

whats the fuckin point of these?

farming shekels

On a human level, here's an advice: tell your wife to go fuck herself and stop nagging you over the only hobby you have other than masturbating to the korean naked body drawings.

On a jew level: that shit's expensive and rare af, and the collectionists of the vintage tech are not poorfags.

On the extra jew level: What's your wife's e-mail? I'll contact her and ask her to send me that weird hand-like thing with tiny crosses printed on the top that her husband's got in his studio for a small fee of 20 dollars :^)

Can I ( ) have it? I'll pay you the full value when I get a job again.

no goyim, choose me!

where do i buy this?

literally read the thread fag

Holy shit, geekhack or deskauthority would be your best bet. That or r/mechanicalkeyboards would be a good place to ask.

My question is: Why aren't you using the fucking thing?!?!

this is the question literally the entire thread is asking him

An aliexpress 75% I believe, bought it of a guy I know. Has an xd84 PCB. It's basically a kbd75 with bootmapperclient support.

I mean the ErgoDox on the desk is probably a little telling. The DH is pretty big, 90s af and non traditional.

Also not programmable like an ErgoDox

> Why aren't you using the fucking thing?!?!

Non-programmable and I’m too retarded to use it as is. (And I have made and proficiently used my own one-off non-QWERTY keymaps on Kinesis-style boards, so I am not completely a brain let.) The learning curve was like a learning cliff face to me.

ooooh. Well, that's actually quite a turnoff

There's a few good layouts, because it all depends on what you use to decide how good a layout is. Dvorak for example thinks it's very important to alternate hands, while Colemak decided the best idea is to stick to the home row as much as possible. (I don't like either for the record.) Then people started to look at more complicated metrics. Workman, for instance, had the excellent idea to assign scores to keys instead of just saying "home row is best" or something simplistic like that.

Personally I think the White layout brings that evolution to its logical conclusion, taking into account a bunch of metrics I find excellent (including Workman style scores, but extending that a lot, and also for example things like rolls and roll direction). You can even run the optimizer yourself if you don't entirely agree with the specifics of what the author used as input (for example, I plan to make a version optimised for ortholinear keyboards at some point, though I still haven't gotten around to it). The downside of course is that there's probably like 5 people in the world using it, so for example none of the tools like keybr support it out of the box, nor will you find any premade remappings for any software shortcuts you might like to adapt.

For Ergodox keyboards, well, as I just mentioned White can be easily adapted, but I also found RSTHD which looks like a great layout if you can't be bothered to configure and run the optimizer yourself for White.

And of course almost anything is better than qwerty. You'll see a lot of people shitting on particular layouts, but those are the kind of people to compare layouts in the first place, so qwerty never enters into those discussions. If in doubt feel free to just pick absolutely anything, Dvorak or Colemak are just fine in comparison. Personally I'm autistic enough that if I'm going to be learning a new layout, I want to make sure it's as close to perfect as possible, but anything is already a fact improvement.

dude your keyboard is melting

Anyone?

At one point I considered getting flashers for both the DH and my primary Kinesis controllers and reverse engineering the firmware enough to modify them to be what I wanted, but I ultimately punted on it.

bump, anyone any ideas?

Isn't kinesis advantage II fully programmable?
Or you got the first one?

jesus what is wrong with you? I hope you don't think this way about everything in your life. take some personal responsibility for your shitty skills and try to improve them. I used to two finger type with 130 wpm. I started over learning qwerty and brought myself back up to speed. My right hand is still slow so I have been doing right hand only typing practice. I've brought my right hand up from 50wpm to 70wpm and plan on getting that to 100+

stop being a fucking retard and work on your self improvement instead of patting yourself on the back

First USB Advantage model. Not as old as the PS/2 units, but at ~15 yo, definitely before the Advantage 2.

I’m not sure I understand.

I still type very fast with my right hand and with all fingers. It's just that the left hand is notably faster.

Alternate layouts are slower even if learned fully. MALTRON is 10x more logical yet I typed slower on QWERTY despite using it for years.

>MALTRON is 10x more logical yet I typed slower on QWERTY despite using it for years.
Slower on it than QWERTY*

Yes, I know. I'm not arguing that. I'm saying you are lying to yourself and avoid improvement with your right hand for dumb reaaons. The part where being unskilled with your right hand makes you a better writer.

It's skilled. It just types slower. Reflexes are slower no matter what.

Attached: hud9.jpg (1800x1200, 799K)

Goy, I'll give you my entire life-savings, $45.

i have one of these in black, i need to fix it though

wait, does the bullet get bigger when it gets into the big thing in the front?

No the thing just let's you load bigger bullets into the gun

oh so you put it into the tube thingy? nice

don't bully him for his dildo.

What's your endgame, /mkg/?
This is mine. Still waiting for a good deal on a used one to come by...

Attached: 1523926327884.png (614x1145, 446K)

No it stores vortex energy to propel the next teflon coated cop killer faster. You turn it on and off with that knurled ring at the front.

Attached: baffling.jpg (1200x1800, 737K)

Basically accepting that my second mechanical keyboard was/is already perfect and any impulse to buy a new one comes from me being a retarded consumer whore. I'm going to fight this urge and continue to be happy with my keyboard.

>my second mechanical keyboard was/is already perfect
... which is... ?

>What's your endgame, /mkg/?
not some retarded staggered keyboard that's for damn sure

My question is why the fuck did you tell your wife what it was worth?

A dactyl manuform cast in zinc with beamspring switches. Probably never going to happen though.

... which is.... ?
>dactyl manuform
ergo keyboards are goofy af and also a massive meme.

Everything is a meme user. Getting something more satisfying/comfortable to type on seems to me to be the entire point of getting a mechanical board over a standard dogshit rubber dome. The only reason the row stagger, or qwerty, are still used is because they came first and people get stuck in their ways.

I will never use another Ego keyboard. They're a big scam.

>ergo keyboards are goofy af and also a massive meme
buying keyboards for ergo is the only thing that makes sense. what's goofy is buying bling or fashion or autistically stroking it to different switches

I'll never use a standard row staggered board as my main board again. Whatever floats your boat m8.

>buying keyboards for ergo is the only thing that makes sense
except none of them do what they claim.

Looking at this, I wonder if anyone has made something where those "circle of keys" are suspended in mid-air.

DataHand and other ergonomic keyboards are a massive scam. They don't cure anything and cannot prevent or alleviate your RSI issues. By using these things, you're only making things worse for yourself by trying to cover up symptoms instead of attacking the underlying cause.

Attached: 1537763725052.png (952x1044, 86K)

they look fucking cool though

No one here is claiming that they're some kind of magic cure.

>you're only making things worse for yourself by trying to cover up symptoms
>they don't work and they make things worse because they work

Attached: e02.jpg (645x588, 29K)

>they look fucking cool though
There are much safer ways to "pimp out your persona" and add "bling". Using this shit will make you a cripple.
>No one here is claiming that they're some kind of magic cure.
Huh???? Ever read some of the websites from these "ergo" companies? It's riddled with lies and snake oil. It's all unsubstantiated BS and nonsense that people often fall for.
t. buttmad retard who fell for an ergo scam and paid hundreds of dollars for snake oil.

>t. buttmad retard who fell for an ergo scam
I do diy ortholinear, people here aren't saying you should go out and buy "ergo" branded consumer crap. staggered is just crap compared to ortholinear

>"ergo" companies
I didn't know that /mkg/ was a company that sells ergo boards. That's why I said "here" nigga.
>companies exaggerate to sell their product
Color me shocked.

I don't have any ergo problems though. I just think the Datahands look cool. I wouldn't even get them myself because I don't really like the idea of moving my fingers side-to-side to hit a key.

t. idiots who fell for the ergo meme

now who is the upset one

>told the wife how much i got this baby for now she's making me sell it
t. boomer

Novatouch or the rumored Realforce TKL RGB w/ MX-compatible sliders, lubed, BKE heavy across the entire board, and GMK Laser on it.
In theory anyway, it'd be perfect for work.

Which switches are you using?

>Novatouch
I've been looking for one for over a year. Still can't find anyone to sell me one.
Novatouch is fucking perfection! Heavy steel plate, Topre at 45g, MX and Topre compatible stems, NKRO, excellent software support. And a perfect look (not as big as Realforce 87u TKL).

Anyone wanna sell me one? Reply to this post.

i've wanted these since I saw them in some tv show as a kid... VR Troopers maybe?
never been able to track down a clip though