Building a linux gaming computer

building a linux gaming computer

Attached: wallhaven-369256.jpg (1920x1200, 790K)

Linux is still shit for gaming even with SteamPlay. With gaming you want shit that "just werx" and going off my experiences with Ubuntu and trying to get games to work well it's just a PITA. Just dual boot and run your games through Windows and use linux for everything else.

>With gaming you want shit that "just werx"
So much this. PC gaming is bad enough as it is, don't make it even worse with linux gaming

Training a mule to be a racehorse

gayming right now bro

Attached: 1532192864660.png (837x654, 502K)

POE is superior.
Also I understand you wanting to play on linux OP, but there's no need to invest money on something thats not intended for that use.

I gotta admit that once you get a game working flawlessly on linux you feel fucking great.

Running a Quad SLI Qauadro Arch setup AMA

Attached: loli block.gif (500x573, 442K)

just buy a console

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, Android, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Android plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Android system made useful by the Bionic corelibs, Toybox utilities and other open source software comprising a full OS designed for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.

Many users run a proprietary version of the Android system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Android which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Android system, developed by Google.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the Android operating system: the whole system is basically Android with Linux added, or simply Android. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of Android.

A thread died for this...
I think Linux gaming is in its first stage but will become a main staple in gaming.
The thing with gaming is that the market is never ending, every platform you add are for the most part another revenue stream for the devs.
And seeing some companies that want to free themselves from the corporate part of the industry will continue to release titles and improve Linux gaming.
CD-project/GOG that want to free the users from DRM will help Linux gaming.
Valve will continue to develop Linux gaming not because they like it but because of their hate of Microsoft and Windows.

Attached: 1534654212269.gif (450x338, 548K)

I remember when they ruined the game in 1.10. did they ever un-ruin it?

they hate the COC(k) even more

proof?

can you even play cracked games on loonix?

Install Gentoo

But why?

yes

Just kill yourself it's easier

yeah i used to play wc3 on wine

i use linux to condition myself to be productive even if that means that i have to fuck with my ubuntu install to play a game. worse case scenario i just launch pcsx2 and play some old ps2 games which work great on linux.

> implying that's hard
Nvidia-drivers v390
Steam+Proton
Done.

>i will finish in 50 years